News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quitting Smoking, The Habit Has Been Kicked!!!

Started by Skinypete, September 19, 2010, 01:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkman

Quote from: jeryst on September 28, 2010, 04:45:38 PM
I could still be enjoying good times with them if they had just quit.

Or if they never started in the first place
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

twodko

nvrbdn,

Its curious you should mention your wife's smoking habit. I've heard, on several occasions, that its much more difficult for women to quit smoking than men. Who really knows other than when you're ready to quit maybe its easier. I used OTC nico patches for 3 weeks and still didn't take the habit back up even while walking the sidewalk during a strike!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

nvrbdn

my main reason for mentioning the wifes habbit is because i felt it was a little harder since she was still smoking. she would light a cigarette and id smell it and want one. when we would be on a long trip she would smoke. i always liked smoking while on the road. but she would keep saying she was proud of me and dont give back in to it. she has cut back. i know it isnt as easy for her. i dont mention it to her about quitting because i feel if you dont really want to quit deep inside, its real hard. you have to want it and be ready for it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Skinypete

Well guys and gals I think that I got the habit kicked!! I haven't had one since Monday night and I'm feeling pretty good! Thanks again to yunz for helpin me out, it really means a lot that people I don't know are so willing to help out!!  :2thumbs:

DJMIII
DJMIII

Alaskan_TA

:2thumbs: Great job, hopefully anyone else that wants to can quit too.  :cheers:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargergirl

You got the big part kicked! Keep it up...be my inspiration!
Trust your Woobie!

ACUDANUT

Darkman

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 28, 2010, 06:32:25 PM
i dont mention it to her about quitting because i feel if you dont really want to quit deep inside, its real hard. you have to want it and be ready for it.

You're doing the right thing there!

Well done SkinnyPete...keep it up....there will be tough times ahead but just keep focussed
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Tilar

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 30, 2010, 09:36:14 PM
Keep going it's only day 3.

Exactly. While your hardest days are between 3 and 5, you still have a long way to go. At least you've made it this far. Just hang in there.  :cheers:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bakerhillpins

Great recovery!   Keep up the good work.   :pushup: :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ACUDANUT

My advise to you... "Drink Heavily"....Animal House.