News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Almost 1970 again

Started by vancamp, October 03, 2010, 07:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

The Oct issue of I think "Road and Track" had an article on a "70 Challenger" option for the new Challenger base price was 38K. Black with blue, red or silver side stripe, chin spoiler and a T/A hood scoop. WOW The hottest thing I have seen in 40 years! (I saw the book at work briefly so now I can't find it online.)  :scratchchin: 

ramairthree

There are a lot of things about the country a lot like when I was a kid in grade school in the early 70s.

And yep, the cars may be ten times more but the average salary is not. People can still live a good life, but it's usually not from Dad working 9 to 5.  It's extra hours, multiple jobs, plus Mom having a job.

The Challenger was a pony car. Short deck, long hood, 2+2 seating.  Some were V8 pony sized muscle cars.  The Mustang still is.  The Camaro still is, but weighs as much as a mid sized muscle car did back  then.  The Challenger in my opinion fills my niche the original Charger did back then.  It's a mid sized/intermediate car by dimensions and weight.  You can get the V6 non muscle car version, or a great mid option RT, or a crazy top of the line engine.  And seat 5.  6 if they still had bench seats like the old ones.

We all know there were factory full sized drag, race muscle pre-64.
The marketing "muscle car" was the intermediate sized car with a full sized platform cars performance engine.
They still made full sized cars with muscle.

They stuffed plenty of engine in pony cars to make them pony muscle cars.

The AMX and Corvette Iwould call two seat muscle.
There were almost muscle cars like 350 tempests and Gran sports.
budget muscle like novas.
mini muscle like darts and mavericks.
etc, etc.  I personally prefer most 68-72 cars, but to each their own.  Just get any of the above on the road and enjoy!