News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kinda new at this Dad stuff...

Started by Charger Aficionado, December 25, 2005, 04:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house nothing was hapnin', and Big Fifth felt like a mouse...  

Last year I got my son some presents, but didn't take time to wrap them, didn't set up a tree...   I guess I was the Grinch sorta...

Well...   I procrastinated 'till the last miniute this year...   Wasn't sure what to get my 5 year old since we've spent so much time apart...   I called my ex and left a V.M. to ask if he even liked Batman...  

I got him some cool gifts but didn't even have the house decorated 'till I ran-out tonight and grabbed a tree...   It turned-out AWESOME...   (for a throw-together)...  

I knew this gal at Rite-Aid and she saw me buying some decorations...   I wouldn't have bought a THING except I get Noah the 25th and 26th...   I told her I had a 3-foot tree, so she tells me TAKE ONE out front (they were giving the rest away)!   So that and some stuff I found 50% off, and Viola...   "Just add water Christmas"...   What do you guys think?  

This is what I got him:
Two Hotwheels cases
Batman figures, and small Batmobile
Dumbo DVD (he's a fan)...
1:10 Gen Lee RCC :)
1:5 #3 Dale Earnhardt RCC
Perfect for a 5 y.o., right?

derailed

Looks like that stuff would be right up his alley. My boy is 4 and I know he would be glued to that train set you got around that tree all day. Hes a big Thomas the train fan. Glad to see it worked out for you. Nice lookin tree to.

TruckDriver

You did good Jude :yesnod: My 6yr old still gets stuff like that.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Telvis

You did good. I hope you have the best Christmas ever! God Bless!

Charger Aficionado

Thanks guys :)     I pick him up in 30 mins!   :)  

EDIT:   It was a BLAST:

red72chrgr

You did real good!! :yesnod: It's the things the two of you like to do together is what's cool. You can tell he's really happy by that last pic. Keep up the good work.
Nothing personal, just business

Wakko

Looks like a good day, Jude.  Are you going to be able to spend more time with him this year?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Wakko on December 25, 2005, 07:01:50 PM
Looks like a good day, Jude. Are you going to be able to spend more time with him this year?

Yeah I got my weekends back.   PLUS TWO 10-day vacations!   :)  
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Silver R/T

he looks happy thats whats important
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CFMopar

Not half bad man... Its enough to make chuck norris cry...  :'(
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

andy74

good feeling isnt it?i have a 14 year old son, 6 year old step son,and my baby girl will be 6 months on the 3rd,i was so happy watching them open stuff,and my wife cried when she opened the diamond ring i bought her!i saved and stole from the charger fund to make it nice for everyone-congrats again!

nh_mopar_fan

This is just awesome.

Congrats on the weekends and visitation. I bet that was the best gift you could ask for.

Kids need their dad.

PocketThunder

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on December 26, 2005, 11:19:35 AM
This is just awesome.

Congrats on the weekends and visitation. I bet that was the best gift you could ask for.

Kids need their dad.

:iagree:    :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dkn1997

sounds like you kicked the holiday blues.  remember your other thread?  you sound much better. 
RECHRGED

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: andy74 on December 26, 2005, 10:53:44 AM
good feeling isnt it?i have a 14 year old son, 6 year old step son,and my baby girl will be 6 months on the 3rd,i was so happy watching them open stuff,and my wife cried when she opened the diamond ring i bought her!i saved and stole from the charger fund to make it nice for everyone-congrats again!
congrats man,that ring will pay you back many times over.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser