News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

World Record Pumpkin 1,810 lbs going to New York

Started by PocketThunder, October 18, 2010, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=877545

So my friend from college has broken the world record with an 1,810 pound pumpkin.  We went to college together and were both Construction majors and teammates on the CC and Track teams.  He has about 5 acres out in rural Wisconsin and we drive by his place on the way to the inlaws all the time.  He and his wife are leaving tomorrow to take this sucker out to the botanical gardens in the bronx. 

I've got seeds from his large pupmkins in the past and have tried to grow them in my back yard but i have a very shady lot so i need to try them in the front yard next year.  Not sure how much my spouse is going to like that but hey, its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission right!   :lol:

Anyways, our friends are going to do some taping for a couple shows on Thursday so i'll post up which ones they are going to be on once they find out for sure.  Now i know somebody famous!

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

PocketThunder

Quote from: bull on October 18, 2010, 02:29:31 PM
Dang! That's a big gourd. Any pics?

I'll get some.  he always sends them to me in 3 MB size so i'll have to reduce them down.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Silver R/T

how much fertilizer did he have to dump on there?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

Quick turn on Regis and Kelly they are on right now!

bull

PocketThunder

Vainglory, Esq.

Oddly enough I have a picture of this.

This was taken by a friend, possibly at the Stillwater Harvest Fest.

bull

Nice. Not very orange is it? :shruggy: I wonder if they're going to carve it up now?

PocketThunder

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on October 25, 2010, 04:10:09 PM

Yep, thats downtown Stillwater, looking North, the river is to the right in that picture.

Quote from: bull on October 26, 2010, 12:31:29 AM
Nice. Not very orange is it? :shruggy: I wonder if they're going to carve it up now?

Actually one of your buddies from Portland is flying out to do the carving.  I'll try and find out who he is.  He is supposedly a professional pumpkin carver.

nvrbdn

yea they had pic's of this on the news the other night her in st.louis. big pumpkin :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 26, 2010, 09:10:00 AM

Yep, thats downtown Stillwater, looking North, the river is to the right in that picture.

I don't actually know a damn thing about Stillwater.  The only reason I guessed that was because the girl whose facebook page I poached this picture from had posted about the Stillwater Harvest Fest.  I know downtown Minneapolis, and a few choice parts of Edina, and that's about it.  I know, I'm not much of a Minnesotan.  I still don't know where Eveleth is either.

Any word on what it'll be carved into?  Presumably it won't just be the world's biggest jack o'lantern?

PocketThunder

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on October 26, 2010, 03:03:06 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on October 26, 2010, 09:10:00 AM

I don't actually know a damn thing about Stillwater.  The only reason I guessed that was because the girl whose facebook page I poached this picture from had posted about the Stillwater Harvest Fest.  I know downtown Minneapolis, and a few choice parts of Edina, and that's about it.  I know, I'm not much of a Minnesotan.  I still don't know where Eveleth is either.

Any word on what it'll be carved into?  Presumably it won't just be the world's biggest jack o'lantern?

Matter of face my previous Admin was from Eveleth.  I've never been there either and have no intentions of going that far north.  A ski trip to Lutsen was enough for me.  Edina only?, i need to have you over sometime and you can expand your western suburb knowledge to Minnetonka.  :lol:

I dont know what it will be carved into but chances are its done by now.  I'll see what i can find for pictures.

PocketThunder

Pumpkin will be carved on Saturday, from this news posting:

"The pumpkin is set to be carved by Scott Cully (USA) on October 30, 2010, at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden in New York City, USA, reported Guinness Book of World Records.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/299441#ixzz13V40vAhI"

Bull, are you friends with this Scott Cully guy?

bull

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 26, 2010, 03:48:51 PM
Pumpkin will be carved on Saturday, from this news posting:

"The pumpkin is set to be carved by Scott Cully (USA) on October 30, 2010, at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden in New York City, USA, reported Guinness Book of World Records.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/299441#ixzz13V40vAhI"

Bull, are you friends with this Scott Cully guy?

I don't think so. I can't say I know any pro pumpkin carvers.

mikesbbody

Don't they sometimes drop these big Pumpkins from cranes and smash them on the ground? I have seen it kinda funny but also a bit of a shame too.

bull

Quote from: mikesbbody on October 26, 2010, 11:53:36 PM
Don't they sometimes drop these big Pumpkins from cranes and smash them on the ground? I have seen it kinda funny but also a bit of a shame too.

What else ya gonna do with it except watch it rot? :shruggy:

PocketThunder

Quote from: bull on October 27, 2010, 12:18:23 AM

Ya, smashing stuff is cool, besides he has 4 other ones in his garden to carve up, how many do you need?  Here in my post above is the smashing them video, the crowd loves it, and then they all rush the field to get the seeds to grow their own next year.  Pretty neat if you ask me.

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 25, 2010, 03:38:49 PM
Here is a video you can watch of one of his other pumpkins being dropped by a small crane. http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=826516

mauve66

Kelly Ripa looks pretty good on her knees there....................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

PocketThunder

Quote from: mauve66 on October 27, 2010, 08:53:24 AM
Kelly Ripa looks pretty good on her knees there....................................

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

I'd like to take her out to dinner for some tubesteak smothered in underwear.

bull

mikesbbody

Quote from: bull on October 27, 2010, 12:18:23 AM

How about eat it?  :lol: American's love Pumpkin Pie don't they? but smashing them is more amusing imo.