News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moving, and loosing my garage, need car storage ideas.

Started by rp23g7, November 16, 2010, 10:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp23g7

So, my landlord decides that he needs $2200 for the rent now, thats not going to happen. So we are moving, to a really nice place but with no garage.

IT does have a concete pad and a big yard in the back though.

What is the best way to store a car, and what are some fairly inexpensive car shelters, ahd what is the best way to store a car these days?

The Coronet will be driven. Just not to work and back. My work is actually moving to downtown Seattle, and i am not going to drive downtown or leave it in a park and ride, gonna get a cheap park and ride car.

Who makes a good portable garage/car shelter, maybe one with a front and back you can zip up?

If stored on the grass, do i put a plastic tarp down, then another tarp and may be some racedeck on top to prevent condensation?

What do you guys without garages do?

The70RT

Sorry to hear that. In Kansas you could buy a 200K house for that kind of money a month. Anyway a portable garage may be what you need. Here is a site with some ideas. I'm sure there are other ones cheaper on the market as well. Good luck - http://www.sheltersofamerica.com/
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerboy69

Wow $2200.00 a month rent.  :o

Just make sure you anchor the portable shelter down really well as I have heard of those things coming loose during a good storm.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Khyron

or you can ship me the Girl in the pic, and the car and i'll store them ;-)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Troy

I rent a garage ("warehouse" was what it said in the ad). Check Craigslist. A lot of people around here don't use their garage or have garages at rental properties that they rent separately. The going rate around here is $40-100 per month depending on the location and condition. It sucks to not have it at your house but it's (usually) safer and less hassle than building something temporary (I tried that first but kept having water problems).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

rp23g7

Quote from: The70RT on November 16, 2010, 11:19:34 AM
Sorry to hear that. In Kansas you could buy a 200K house for that kind of money a month. Anyway a portable garage may be what you need. Here is a site with some ideas. I'm sure there are other ones cheaper on the market as well. Good luck - http://www.sheltersofamerica.com/

Yeah, its crazy, hes way over extended, hes paying 3 mortgages.  I think he is going to lose this house.  thanks for the link, i will check it out.

rp23g7

Quote from: Khyron on November 16, 2010, 11:38:42 AM
or you can ship me the Girl in the pic, and the car and i'll store them ;-)

Thats Natalia, she and Krystal did the photo shoot with myy car last spring.  If you want more of her, check out RJB Photo on facebook

miamivice

i have extra space in my 3 car garage in north seattle if you want to rent part of it. 

rp23g7

Quote from: miamivice on November 16, 2010, 05:33:16 PM
i have extra space in my 3 car garage in north seattle if you want to rent part of it. 

where in North Seattle are you Miami?

miamivice

Silver R/T

What about storage/garage facility? As long as it's wide/long enough for a car that's all that matters
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722