News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are these the correct chrome lug nuts for magnum wheels?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, November 24, 2010, 06:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nope....nice but not correct....supposedly the "pimple" style nut is the "correct" one.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5243307&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

You never took the wheels off your car yet to realize there was left & right hand threads?  :scratchchin:

Mike over @ BE/A sells these with the correct "L" stamping to denote the LH thread nut....10 of each (L&R) for $95....also sells 20 RH ones for $70
http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=E&subcat=18

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

I knew you would ask that. Yeah I've removed my tires. Just never noticed. So wait. They tighten cw on one side and ccw on the other?
I don't  remember R&L. Is it possible mine were changed over to R on both sides?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 24, 2010, 10:10:16 AM
I knew you would ask that. Yeah I've removed my tires. Just never noticed. So wait. They tighten cw on one side and ccw on the other?
I don't  remember R&L. Is it possible mine were changed over to R on both sides?

You'd know if you had left hand threads on the left side as turning to the left they would tighten. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Just 6T9 CHGR

Its possible because I changed mine....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

Most people change to right hand thread, less confusion. If you ever take it to a garage i bet they will Fu#k it up.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 24, 2010, 04:12:51 PM
I don't remember R&L. Is it possible mine were changed over to R on both sides?

Its possible because I changed mine....
Yeah, if I had left threads I'd remember.  I removed all 4 wheels with my electric gun and I don't remember having to use reverse to remove one side?
That's why I wasn't aware about the R and L.  Problem now is when I replace them I need all Right thread.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thats not a problem at all since RH thread nuts are readily available.....the LH thread ones were unavailable till recently...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 25, 2010, 01:24:22 PM
Thats not a problem at all since RH thread nuts are readily available.....the LH thread ones were unavailable till recently...
:2thumbs:  Thanks and  :coolgleamA: