News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

factory tech manual

Started by el dub, December 11, 2010, 02:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

I'd like to know what service manuals you guys use for your 68 chargers. Let me know if your satisfied with them. I need one. Thanks.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Ghoste

The best one by far is the factory service manual.  You can get reprints at most any restoration supply place and you can get cd-rom's of it all over as well as at any Dodge dealer.

el dub

Is the factory service man. charger specific or is it dodge b bodies in gerneral.

Ghoste

UFO

Quote from: Ghoste on December 11, 2010, 05:55:59 PM
Dodge cars in general.

Sort of, The one that covers the charger also covers the coronet and dart models.

Ghoste

Yes, there is a separate one for C-bodies and another for trucks but the one you want is not Charger only as UFO mentioned.

b5blue

You want the Factory Service Manual for B body, the Mopar Performance book for Big or Small block and I also recommend there Chassis book. Understanding what the factory did, how they did it and why, prior to modifying anything can save you tons of headaches. (Money too!) 

b5blue

Cool my 70 FSM is B Body only...you get A's included for free!  :2thumbs:

68X426

I really like these folks. The service manual on a cd has been a great advantage, and quite the bargain at $30.

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1968-Dodge-CD-Repair-Shop-Manual-for-all-models-P15576.aspx

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

el dub

Ok thanks guys, I've been going to library and copying what I need when I need it but I think I'll spring for a manual. After I figure out where to get some door hinges I'll be getting my car painted and I think I'm going to need one handy to finish things  up.

Troy

I always buy from these guys:
http://www.autobooksbishko.com/

There's a "Parts Book" as well that is pretty handy - although HUGE and kinda pricey.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

You can get the parts books on cd-rom now too.

UFO

68X426

He's looking for the service manual, not parts catalog. Still a fine resource at mymopar.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

UFO

Quote from: 68X426 on December 14, 2010, 01:21:29 AM
He's looking for the service manual, not parts catalog. Still a fine resource at mymopar.

I know, that was in response to troy's mention of the parts book.Should have added his quote to keep things clear.

68X426

Quote from: UFO on December 14, 2010, 07:35:56 AM
Quote from: 68X426 on December 14, 2010, 01:21:29 AM

I know, that was in response to troy's mention of the parts book.Should have added his quote to keep things clear.

I should have realized too what you meant. I lost track. :cheers:

Side note for the forum: be aware that the parts download is huge, it finishes with well over 1600 pages in pdf. (that's for the 68 catalog). Got to be patient, and with some computers and/or internet providers the download may not ever finish, or will freeze.  :'(

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow