News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need an R/T emblem for a '68 tail?

Started by HeavyFuel, December 02, 2010, 10:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Just because I love you guys......

I finally found a source for the '68 tail panel R/T emblem.  I haven't gotten them yet, but they are on the way.

http://www.herbsparts.com

SnoPro440

Finally!  I've been looking for one of those for a long effin time now.  Their part number sure looks like a YearOne part number.  But searching on YO's site yields no results.  Part#VC144

I would like to see a pic and also would like to hear what you have to say about the quality.  Please follow up when you get it.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

C500

I got mine from ebay a couple of years ago. The seller was mopar9999
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

HeavyFuel

Ok......I got 'em delivered today.   

They are really nice...high quality coatings....nice detail.  :icon_smile_big:   

They came from Herbs's, but in Year One boxes.....the shipping was only 8 bucks....had to be a savings over what YO normally charges....I don't know, I avoid them.

I ordered the front AND back emblems, so that they'd match.....and they do.

So...jump on these if you need them.

ODZKing

Just an FYI, Mopar is pe-poping alot of stuff now.  Much of what is out there is from the same place.
I just got my 400 Magnum hood emblems for $33, the same price (or less) as everyone else is selling them for and no shipping because I ordered them from the dealer.  They have an entire restoration catalog now.
I'm sure not everything is going to be cheaper, (and some aren't) but I've had good luck so far. 
My orange box ECU was as well.   :2thumbs:

ChargersETC..ETC..

Have you test fit the emblems yet?
I've heard a few vendors selling 1968 Charger R/T emblems that don't fit. because there actually a diffrent year or car model R/T emblem
Do the emblems actually fit a 1968 Charger R/T tailpanel? If they do thats a good find! :2thumbs:

HeavyFuel

I did look for them in the Mopar Performance catalog (or whatever it's called online) recently and they weren't listed.  The '69 and '70 seem to be more available , for some reason. :shruggy:

I haven't been able to test fit them yet, my car is at the body shop.  But I did a comparision using some detailed pics that I took of the tail panel, and they look right.  They have a beveled design, so that the face is vertical after being mounted to the rear panel, which has a slight angle.  The mounting peg on the "T" comes out of the middle of the T as it should.

ODZKing

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/restoration.html

But you are correct, it is not nearly as comprehensive as the one I browsed at the dealer.

Whoops ... found the pdf.  Got it!
http://www.mopar.com/pdf/2011_mopar_performance_catalog.pdf
Emblems and decals start on pg155.  Not sure if yours is in there.

HeavyFuel

Looked.....still not listed.

But I got mine. :icon_smile_big:

ChargersETC..ETC..

Heres the part # of the back of the 1968 Charger R/T tail emblem from Herbs Auto Parts

10916   and there is a Chrysler pentstar logo cast into part
                            The letters are red

It is a pretty thick raised emblem that conforms to the slope of the rear tailpanel.The top of emblem is thin the bottom is wide.
As far as I know it is correct and fits excellent . Price $ 46 is fair and Herbs had great customer service.Thanks for posting the info  :2thumbs:

ChargersETC..ETC..

Pictures of R/T emblem

ChargersETC..ETC..

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Iowa_Mopar

I have a question.   I have a base model 68.  Should the RT emblem be the same dimensions as the Arrow Spear emblem in the rear panel.  The repo one is wider than the original holes.

cdr

Quote from: Iowa_Mopar on September 24, 2022, 05:38:44 PM
I have a question.   I have a base model 68.  Should the RT emblem be the same dimensions as the Arrow Spear emblem in the rear panel.  The repo one is wider than the original holes.

No the holes are not in the same location
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr