News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is color is the gray for the jack head and baseplate

Started by charger69cuda73, December 07, 2010, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger69cuda73

what actual color gray is it supposed to be and where can i buy some exact like original? also were any baseplates and jack heads in the 69 charger ever painted black as far as any of you guys know or heard of?

twodko

I made a similar enquiry here no long ago. The base plate is plain old grey and it appears to be gloss or at least semigloss. If your base plate has any paint left on it I'd match it to the closest Rustoleum color you can. As for the column of the jack, it was painted some type of silver so I shot mine with a coat of Rustoleum "Titanium". Hope this helps, good luck.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Just 6T9 CHGR

See here for some other replies...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,869.0.html

I have seen the base plates painted black as well....the mechanisms were always grey.

PS----welcome to the site :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68 RT

I used an indutrial machine gray on mine. If I can find the can I will post the brand, but is was almost a perfect match.

bill440rt

I did my base & mechanism using Krylon Dove Gray. Painted the post with Eastwood's Aluma Blast (Duplicolor Aluminum also works good). Lug wrench was gloss black: Duplicolor, Krylon, etc.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce