News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need a quick WIW on a 1 owner previously unknown Daytona !!!!!!

Started by 70Sbird, December 07, 2010, 08:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Yes you read correctly there is likely to be a previously unknown 1 owner Daytona on the market soon.
But first a little background. I still remember the first Wing car I ever saw. I was about 13 at the time out on my bike during the summer in the late 70's when a red Daytona with a black tail stripe crossed an intersection near me. I can still see this like it was yesterday in my little hometown. I never saw it again but always remembered how cool I thought it looked, I always wanted one, the rest is history.
Fast forward to the last few years I had heard rumors about a Daytona in another small town here in Central Il, but never could confirm the Rumors. Until this summer
Through another friend - (the same one that introduced me to the Q5 Daytona and Chargers in the barn last year) we got a tip and found ourselves knocking on a door. We took my Superbird as that would be a good ice breaker if we did find the Ghost Daytona.
five minutes later I was looking at the same car I remember seeing over 30 years ago. The owner confirmed it, he was working in my town in the late 70's and the Daytona was his daily driver.

:drool5:
I got a call tonight that he may be looking to sell.

Sooooo..... What is a complete 1 owner Charger Daytona worth in today's market?
R4 red, black tailstripe, 440, black bucket interior and a console 4-speed.
The car is very solid and complete, and will likely run and drive with fresh gas and a new battery.
So lets hear it what would this car bring if it were to go on the market ???

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

And yes those are spider webs on the rear bumper.
by the way, 125K miles if that matters.
a few more pics:
:icon_smile_big:

Scott Faulkner

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70Sbird

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on December 07, 2010, 09:18:27 PM
Thats awesome....Just awesome.
No your's is Awsome!!!!
this is just a crusty old car in need of a complete makover!
:icon_smile_big:
(and your is a Hemi)
:2thumbs:
Scott

Scott Faulkner

The70RT

Is that the original paint? So you have to make an offer or did he shoot you a price?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger-Bodie

That real one is an awsome piece of history. And its cool that you caught up with it after all these years.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70Sbird

Quote from: The70RT on December 07, 2010, 09:28:19 PM
Is that the original paint? So you have to make an offer or did he shoot you a price?

Mostly original paint. some touch up's (not done very well)
but all original sheetmetal and a black spraypainted (on the top) hood!
Price has not been brought up yet, and I'm not sure i'm in a position to buy right now.
This guy turned down some pretty crazy money for this car a few years ago so he knows it's worth a bunch.

and 1 Hot Daytona, It was really cool to finally see and touch the car that started this wing car obsession for me

Scott

Scott Faulkner

Just 6T9 CHGR

in perspective, Troy was asking 150k for his restored, auto Daytona (not #'s matching)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,72157.0.html

#'s match & a 4 speed unrestored for the most part?  65-80k IMHO
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

I can't help with WIW, but you should've blocked out the plate & VIN.

It could be sold before you wake up tomorrow.   :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

A383Wing

70Sbird

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 07, 2010, 10:17:54 PM
I can't help with WIW, but you should've blocked out the plate & VIN.

It could be sold before you wake up tomorrow.   :Twocents:

Thanks, It only took me an hour to figure that out!

Scott Faulkner

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

Hawkeye dodge is the selling dealer for 356518    #320   ia      Hawkeye Dodge DesMoines Ia   8/29/1969

Nassau1969

I dont think its all orginal paint the front rubber nose seal is painted red, I would offer $80K to $90K, right now. If you want to resale it e mail me.

nascarxx29

Being a 4 speed is a plus 1 of 139 440 daytonas .Though R4 pretty common color

Nassau1969

I would like to buy one soon, if I had my color of choise would be T5 copper metalic, If it doesnt happen it doesnt happen. If I have to do a clone I may do it, and i'll do it rite.

nascarxx29

If Im not mistake C Stripes had a similar condition R4 red 4 speed daytona.Dont remember what it went for
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44404.25.html

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 07, 2010, 10:11:26 PM
in perspective, Troy was asking 150k for his restored, auto Daytona (not #'s matching)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,72157.0.html

#'s match & a 4 speed unrestored for the most part?  65-80k IMHO

I'll confirm that. I can't get even past the $125K mark on mine and it's a running/driving/fun car. Granted, it's doesn't have the original motor nor tranny, but it does have all of it's original sheetmetal. I would think this one, being a 4-speed and all with apparently good sheetmetal, would be worth in the neighborhood of $125+. That's my humble opinion and do not reflect those of this forum or any other person.  :icon_smile_big:

Scott, pretty nice find by the way !!!!  Love the fact she still has her carb dashpot, the dipstick's on the outside of the manifold, the inspection tab attached to the fender tag, one painted fender tag screw and retains a Prestolite distributor as well (4-speeds)... Man oh Man....  :2thumbs:
427 SPD, same as mine.. Wonder how close to mine it is (mine is 356533)... Wouldn't have been sold new at Parker Dodge in Paducah, Ky?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Aero426

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 07, 2010, 09:32:16 PM
This guy turned down some pretty crazy money for this car a few years ago so he knows it's worth a bunch.

He will need to come to terms that none of that is relevant today.    Still very valuable of course, but 2006 has left the station.   In fact, I think the market is a little worse for selling than it was a year ago - and it wasn't great then.     Original owner and 4-speed certainly are a plus.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Aero426 on December 08, 2010, 09:22:04 AM
Quote from: 70Sbird on December 07, 2010, 09:32:16 PM

He will need to come to terms that none of that is relevant today.    Still very valuable of course, but 2006 has left the station.   Original owner and 4-speed certainly are a plus.

Absolutely true... of course as I type this I am mailing a large check for a neat little item myself.  :P

BTW... Almost a match... Stuart should like this "telestrator" image.   :icon_smile_big:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

DC_1

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

I can't really tell how rust free the body really is, but overall it seems to be a car that checks all the right boxes: numbers matching
all there and complete
original owner
fender tag
4-speed....

Bearing that in mind, it still has to be worth north of 100k, even in the crappy market today.    It has not been through 15 different owners and restored three times.   You know what you are getting.  That part of it is worth something.    The car certainly could be sympathetically cleaned up and brought back to life.  

hemigeno

I think to get much more than $110k, two things would have to be present:

>  Broadcast sheet

>  Solid body & frame with a fairly small amount of superficial rust issues

Both of those might be there, and if so, I could see it hitting close to $120 or more.

4-speed and numbers matching are a plus, but it needs a fair amount of work to be "nice".  Maybe a whole lot of work if there are issues beneath the skin.  If it's a genuine untouched car (dare I use the term "survivor"), there is perhaps a premium to be applied - to the right crowd who would prefer to keep the car in its current state with only minimal/occasional use as a result.  Maybe another $10k if it's all original/untouched.  

Others would prefer a restored, running/driving car and would look to buy such a car at a discount due to the dollars they would have to spend to get what they want (in comparison to what other restored cars are selling for).  To the latter group, this is still pretty much a project car - just with most of its pieces already there.  My guess is that group might offer anywhere from $80-100k.  Hard to say.

From the seller's perspective, the best route to maximize the selling price is to focus on the market segment that wants to leave the car pretty much in its current state.  Emphasize those attributes - and if the right buyer finds it, the offers should far exceed what all but the most determined restored-car crowd buyers will offer.

:Twocents:

maxwellwedge

Just bought it.

The car is pretty darn original!

Kidding - Kidding!    :nana:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemigeno

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 08, 2010, 11:57:28 AM
Just bought it.

Yeah, and you probably traded some E-body seats and a pair of old tube socks for it, right? :P

Incidentally, this car is in the middle of a grouping of about 10 cars - all R4 red 4-speeds with identical fender tag info (well, one of them so far is a SuperTrackPak).  Interesting...   :scratchchin:

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 08, 2010, 11:57:28 AM
Just bought it.

Kidding - Kidding!    :nana:

Wouldn't have put it past you.....   ;D
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Richard Cranium

When I was contemplating the purchase of my Daytona last August, it was plain to see what people were asking for Daytonas, but finding a true selling price in today's market is nearly impossible. It seems that anything north of $125,000.00 for a run of the mill 440 Daytona in this market is a hard sell. I look at it was this way: a fully restored numbers matching 440 Daytona, to me, seems to be worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $125-140K right now. If you are going to do that car over, you'll spend a minimum of $40K easily, and that's if you do take it apart & put it together yourself.  That being considered, I would think that $85,000.00 would be top dollar to me,. Whether or not the car could be bought for that kind of cake is another story.

I am Dr. Remulac

1BAD68

Quote from: Richard Cranium on December 08, 2010, 12:54:15 PM
but finding a true selling price in today's market is nearly impossible.

So true.
Look how many Hemi cars keep re-running the Ebay auctions because at one time they could bring big big money.
Its no different than real estate, list it below market value and move it quick otherwise sit on it.

TheAutoArchaeologist

NO WAY... You guys found it?!?!?!  We were going to look for it last time, but ran out of time!  Crap.

Let me document it!  Are you guys free the weekend of the 18th?  Perhaps another weekend of hunting?

Arnie Cunningham

Good Work!  It is a bit jaw dropping to be reunited with the first winged car you ever saw.  Congratulations.

The owner will probably want 100,000.  There is something about six digits.  Although, if he knows it will be going to a winged car fanatic, he may let it go lower.  If it can be cleaned up to be presentable and can be made reliably drivable with little effort, it is worth $100K.  As has been said already, a total (non-competitive) restoration will cost at least $40,000.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

pettybird

Quote from: Arnie Cunningham on December 08, 2010, 01:50:22 PM
Good Work!  It is a bit jaw dropping to be reunited with the first winged car you ever saw.  Congratulations.

Meh, happens to me every time I open the garage...  ;)

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi,

I just have to say that I really like its "used" condition.
With the faded paint, scratches etc it has character and is breathing history from being more than 40 years in one hand.
If it is redone it is just one of a lot of restored Daytonas.

If I were in the market for a Daytona I would maybe go up to 100k knowing I would just do mechanical work to get it back on the road.

Carsten

maxwellwedge

I'd go 100 if it isn't rusty......but we need to leave it for Danny!

Mopar John

As I read through this post no one mentions any penalty for this man enjoying his Daytona and putting 125,000 miles on it? Could this be due to all the spedometer changes, restoration roll backs, etc? Therefore no one is putting much weight on milage any more?

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 08, 2010, 08:52:46 PM
I'd go 100 if it isn't rusty......but we need to leave it for Danny!
hey dad you can buy it for me ,   :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Troy

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Mopar John on December 09, 2010, 10:18:49 AM
As I read through this post no one mentions any penalty for this man enjoying his Daytona and putting 125,000 miles on it? Could this be due to all the spedometer changes, restoration roll backs, etc? Therefore no one is putting much weight on milage any more?

Hi John - If it is indeed 125k miles then I look at the overall condition. I have seen 6000 mile cars that I wouldn't pay 5k for and 75k mile + plus cars that would bring "All The Wood".

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 09, 2010, 11:35:54 AM
Quote from: Mopar John on December 09, 2010, 10:18:49 AM

Hi John - If it is indeed 125k miles then I look at the overall condition. I have seen 6000 mile cars that I wouldn't pay 5k for and 75k mile + plus cars that would bring "All The Wood".

I agree with Jim.. In this day-and-age, the overall condition of the car is the prime factor, not the white numbers at the bottom of the speedometer. Like Jim, I've seen my fair share of low-mileage rust buckets and high-mileage major survivors... Of course, there's a plethora of cases in between.
Troy

70Sbird

thanks everyone for their inputs and opinions. Here is the latest: the owner is nearing retirement thus contemplating letting go of the Daytona. He is still considering selling , but now is wanting to hold off selling the car until maybe summer...... ::)
He did say though that in the spring he would be willing to have the car rolled outside, cleaned up and photographed some more.
A few more details as well:
The car has only 25,000 miles on it, not the 125,000 I stated. He said the car was only his daily driver for a few years, before he bought another car to drive all the time, probably why the original carb and distributor are untouched.
The paint: He said that the paint was never very good, especially after they used to set beverage cans up on the wing for pellet gun target practice. He took the car to Maaco in Peoria for some "touching up" and they ended up spraying a coat on almost the whole car.
This Gentleman is not a "car guy" by any stretch of the imagination, and there is probably another good story explaining why he held onto the car this long. So for now, he still had the car in the one car garage attached to his house where it has been since at least last July, and it probably won't be going anywhere until summer.

Also I probably need to clarify, I am not attempting to purchase this car, thanks for the pm's but unless I have a rich relative I don't know leave me a bunch of money, or I win the lottery I rarely play, there is no way I can swing another Aero car and I've grown pretty attached to my Superbird over the the last 10 years

I'll keep everyone updated as I learn more,
Thanks again
Scott

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 02:57:10 PM
thanks everyone for their inputs and opinions. Here is the latest: the owner is nearing retirement thus contemplating letting go of the Daytona. He is still considering selling , but now is wanting to hold off selling the car until maybe summer...... ::)
He did say though that in the spring he would be willing to have the car rolled outside, cleaned up and photographed some more.
A few more details as well:
The car has only 25,000 miles on it, not the 125,000 I stated. He said the car was only his daily driver for a few years, before he bought another car to drive all the time, probably why the original carb and distributor are untouched.
The paint: He said that the paint was never very good, especially after they used to set beverage cans up on the wing for pellet gun target practice. He took the car to Maaco in Peoria for some "touching up" and they ended up spraying a coat on almost the whole car.
This Gentleman is not a "car guy" by any stretch of the imagination, and there is probably another story good story explaining why he held onto the car this long. So for now, he still had the car in the one car garage attached to his house where it has been since at least last July, and it probably won't be going anywhere until summer.

Also I probably need to clarify, I am not attempting to purchase this car, thanks for the pm's but unless I have a rich relative I don't know leave me a bunch of money, or I win the lottery I rarely play, there is no way I can swing another Aero car and I've grown pretty attached to my Superbird over the the last 10 years

I'll keep everyone updated as I learn more,
Thanks again
Scott
SELL THE VETT

70Sbird

SELL THE VETT

Thanks Stuart!
unfortunately If I sold the vette the wife would probably leave too! Se really loves "that" car
In wich case I'll probably be living in the back of the Superbird. Anyone see the "Dart camper/motormome " at Monster Mopar?????
:brickwall:

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

sell the vett,  wife, and kids , then you can live back and forth between the superbird and the daytona   :D

I did see that dart camper , I would have a very hard time fitting in it .

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on December 09, 2010, 03:12:30 PM
  sell the vett,  wife, and kids , then you can live back and forth between the superbird and the daytona   :D

Put the two wings back to back and throw a tarp over it.. You could start your own show; "Mopar Survivor"......
Troy

pettybird

He can't sell the Corvette.  It's too cool, and there's WAY too much family history.  Even if it does have those horrible hubcaps... :D

While I can't speak against getting attached to things (and hence the 12 cars at home) you might want to think about swapping wings.  I like the 'bird, but I'd work on the Daytona at meets just the same!

TheAutoArchaeologist

Sell the vette, get rid of the wife.  I'll move down there, more room for 2 wing cars and 2 Challengers....

I could live in this...

Much prefer this though....

Ryan

70Sbird

well....
I did just buy another pickup a couple of weeks ago, Momma's not happy about it either, I'm pretty close to living in it already.....
wonder If I could trade it for a Wing?
or some garage space, or.....

Scott Faulkner

TheAutoArchaeologist

You lucky ________!  I've been looking for a A100 to replace my RamCharger for a while now!  Looks in good shape.

Maybe I'll cruise down there next weekend.... Go barn hunting?

Cough.... Cough.... Buy a A100 off ya?...

Ryan

A383Wing

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 03:56:02 PM
well....
I did just buy another pickup a couple of weeks ago, Momma's not happy about it either, I'm pretty close to living in it already.....

Quote from: Devil on December 09, 2010, 04:06:53 PM
Cough.... Cough.... Buy a A100 off ya?...

wait long enough, 70SBird will be dead by the wife's hand...and wife will give A100 to ya

Dave Kanofsky

Nice A-100, those certainly have a special place in every Mopar lover's heart.

As for the Daytona, that is a tough call.  It is a very cool timecapsule.
I sold my blue SuperBird for a red Daytona...Just sayin' is all...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Richard Cranium on December 08, 2010, 12:54:15 PM
When I was contemplating the purchase of my Daytona last August, it was plain to see what people were asking for Daytonas, but finding a true selling price in today's market is nearly impossible. It seems that anything north of $125,000.00 for a run of the mill 440 Daytona in this market is a hard sell. I look at it was this way: a fully restored numbers matching 440 Daytona, to me, seems to be worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $125-140K right now. If you are going to do that car over, you'll spend a minimum of $40K easily, and that's if you do take it apart & put it together yourself. That being considered, I would think that $85,000.00 would be top dollar to me,. Whether or not the car could be bought for that kind of cake is another story.

I agree and also keep in mind this is like others that are rare and original but overall just not that nice so then a restoration is finally agreed to and then you have way to much in it. Happens all the time.  But...... who would think one of these in that overall original shape would be out there?  Not me.  Though I do know of an original 1 owner orange bird in excellent shape in my town so maybe they are out there?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Redbird

My guess would be $110-$125 as is depending on rust issues. There are more than a few folks looking for something like this. If a 440/6 Superbird with a glass nose goes for $98. It seems to me that the owner should shop it on e-bay for $175 or with Doug. The owner knows what he has, I wouldn't think he'd need a middleman. Broadcast sheet, 1/2 the cars don't have them from day one, I wouldn't think it would make a dime worth of difference.

70Sbird

Quote from: pettybird on December 09, 2010, 03:23:55 PM
He can't sell the Corvette.  It's too cool, and there's WAY too much family history.  Even if it does have those horrible hubcaps... :D

While I can't speak against getting attached to things (and hence the 12 cars at home) you might want to think about swapping wings.  I like the 'bird, but I'd work on the Daytona at meets just the same!
Doug, you are spot on about the Corvette, my kids are in their teens and already trying to figure out who gets it when I'm gone. The only car that i'd trade the 'bird for (today) would be a Q5 4-speed Daytona I saw last year, and he's not interested! But he does have a red 69 Hemi Charger that I heard he may be interested in parting with....

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

wait long enough, 70SBird will be dead by the wife's hand...and wife will give A100 to ya
You have no idea how close you are to the real truth!
Scott

Scott Faulkner

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Devil on December 09, 2010, 03:29:27 PM
I could live in this...

Here y'all go... the Aero Camper Special... a multi-function vehicle!
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

A383Wing

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 08:01:51 PM
You have no idea how close you are to the real truth!
Scott

believe me, I know...I have come home with a few "vehicles" and immediately got "the look"!  :D

pettybird

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 07:51:05 PM
But he does have a red 69 Hemi Charger that I heard he may be interested in parting with....

for the 'bird?  never.  I'm going to make you swear an oath at the national meet next summer.   :o

70Sbird

Quote from: pettybird on December 09, 2010, 09:04:43 PM
Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 07:51:05 PM
But he does have a red 69 Hemi Charger that I heard he may be interested in parting with....

for the 'bird?  never.  I'm going to make you swear an oath at the national meet next summer.   :o
don't worry Doug,I'm in the Wing car fold now and have no intention of leaving!

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on December 09, 2010, 05:25:26 PM
Nice A-100, those certainly have a special place in every Mopar lover's heart.

As for the Daytona, that is a tough call.  It is a very cool timecapsule.
I sold my blue SuperBird for a red Daytona...Just sayin' is all...

Dave, You Killing me here!

Scott Faulkner

TheAutoArchaeologist

We gotta work on the guy with the Daytona.... Maybe if I don't make him mad this time....

69_500

Man see all of the things I miss out on with being without the Internet for 3 months. If he is really wanting to sell come spring give me a shout. It's not that far of a drive and I would drop the C500 in a heartbeat for a four speed Daytona.

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

hemi68charger

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 11, 2010, 06:28:40 AM
Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on December 08, 2010, 07:45:13 PM
Hi,

Carsten

::) ::) :rotz:

Think Carsten is implying that it'll loose it's special character. It's to a level of survival that it can still be presentable and drive along with the privilege of saying it's unrestored. I remember my days with "Whitey". A true survivor '71 Charger R/T. There were days I really wanted to restore her (hence my attic full of NOS parts) and then there were days when I knew to leave well enough alone. At shows, most people enjoyed the unrestored condition and would ask all kinds of questions about this or that...
Troy

DC_1

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 02:57:10 PM

Not exactly a "survivor" if the car already has been almost completely repainted. However, I do agree that it is not so far gone that it's flaws and current state don't give it character and make you imagine it's life and history. At least that's what I do when I see a car in it's unrestored condition- especially one with iconic status!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 11, 2010, 09:45:12 AM
Quote from: FJ5WING on December 11, 2010, 06:28:40 AM
Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on December 08, 2010, 07:45:13 PM
Hi,

Carsten

::) ::) :rotz:

Think Carsten is implying that it'll loose it's special character. It's to a level of survival that it can still be presentable and drive along with the privilege of saying it's unrestored. I remember my days with "Whitey". A true survivor '71 Charger R/T. There were days I really wanted to restore her (hence my attic full of NOS parts) and then there were days when I knew to leave well enough alone. At shows, most people enjoyed the unrestored condition and would ask all kinds of questions about this or that...
I mostly agree with you, but this car was resprayed almost entirely, and that really takes away from the original look though the interior is awesome. Very hard call, I guess one would have to be the owner and then make a decision after considering the initial cost.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Beep Beep Dave

Thanks for taking the time to share the pics and the story of this Daytona. It would be nice if you could followup with it and it would be interesting what the market would be for such a car. I like most of the guys who read this Forum daily start :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: just checking out the pics hoping to have a car like that someday. It would be cool if one of the guys on here got a chance for it one day.

I think a price in the 90's might be fair, depending on details.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

fc7_plumcrazy