News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need a quick WIW on a 1 owner previously unknown Daytona !!!!!!

Started by 70Sbird, December 07, 2010, 08:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

well....
I did just buy another pickup a couple of weeks ago, Momma's not happy about it either, I'm pretty close to living in it already.....
wonder If I could trade it for a Wing?
or some garage space, or.....

Scott Faulkner

TheAutoArchaeologist

You lucky ________!  I've been looking for a A100 to replace my RamCharger for a while now!  Looks in good shape.

Maybe I'll cruise down there next weekend.... Go barn hunting?

Cough.... Cough.... Buy a A100 off ya?...

Ryan

A383Wing

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 03:56:02 PM
well....
I did just buy another pickup a couple of weeks ago, Momma's not happy about it either, I'm pretty close to living in it already.....

Quote from: Devil on December 09, 2010, 04:06:53 PM
Cough.... Cough.... Buy a A100 off ya?...

wait long enough, 70SBird will be dead by the wife's hand...and wife will give A100 to ya

Dave Kanofsky

Nice A-100, those certainly have a special place in every Mopar lover's heart.

As for the Daytona, that is a tough call.  It is a very cool timecapsule.
I sold my blue SuperBird for a red Daytona...Just sayin' is all...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Richard Cranium on December 08, 2010, 12:54:15 PM
When I was contemplating the purchase of my Daytona last August, it was plain to see what people were asking for Daytonas, but finding a true selling price in today's market is nearly impossible. It seems that anything north of $125,000.00 for a run of the mill 440 Daytona in this market is a hard sell. I look at it was this way: a fully restored numbers matching 440 Daytona, to me, seems to be worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $125-140K right now. If you are going to do that car over, you'll spend a minimum of $40K easily, and that's if you do take it apart & put it together yourself. That being considered, I would think that $85,000.00 would be top dollar to me,. Whether or not the car could be bought for that kind of cake is another story.

I agree and also keep in mind this is like others that are rare and original but overall just not that nice so then a restoration is finally agreed to and then you have way to much in it. Happens all the time.  But...... who would think one of these in that overall original shape would be out there?  Not me.  Though I do know of an original 1 owner orange bird in excellent shape in my town so maybe they are out there?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Redbird

My guess would be $110-$125 as is depending on rust issues. There are more than a few folks looking for something like this. If a 440/6 Superbird with a glass nose goes for $98. It seems to me that the owner should shop it on e-bay for $175 or with Doug. The owner knows what he has, I wouldn't think he'd need a middleman. Broadcast sheet, 1/2 the cars don't have them from day one, I wouldn't think it would make a dime worth of difference.

70Sbird

Quote from: pettybird on December 09, 2010, 03:23:55 PM
He can't sell the Corvette.  It's too cool, and there's WAY too much family history.  Even if it does have those horrible hubcaps... :D

While I can't speak against getting attached to things (and hence the 12 cars at home) you might want to think about swapping wings.  I like the 'bird, but I'd work on the Daytona at meets just the same!
Doug, you are spot on about the Corvette, my kids are in their teens and already trying to figure out who gets it when I'm gone. The only car that i'd trade the 'bird for (today) would be a Q5 4-speed Daytona I saw last year, and he's not interested! But he does have a red 69 Hemi Charger that I heard he may be interested in parting with....

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

wait long enough, 70SBird will be dead by the wife's hand...and wife will give A100 to ya
You have no idea how close you are to the real truth!
Scott

Scott Faulkner

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Devil on December 09, 2010, 03:29:27 PM
I could live in this...

Here y'all go... the Aero Camper Special... a multi-function vehicle!
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

A383Wing

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 08:01:51 PM
You have no idea how close you are to the real truth!
Scott

believe me, I know...I have come home with a few "vehicles" and immediately got "the look"!  :D

pettybird

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 07:51:05 PM
But he does have a red 69 Hemi Charger that I heard he may be interested in parting with....

for the 'bird?  never.  I'm going to make you swear an oath at the national meet next summer.   :o

70Sbird

Quote from: pettybird on December 09, 2010, 09:04:43 PM
Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 07:51:05 PM
But he does have a red 69 Hemi Charger that I heard he may be interested in parting with....

for the 'bird?  never.  I'm going to make you swear an oath at the national meet next summer.   :o
don't worry Doug,I'm in the Wing car fold now and have no intention of leaving!

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on December 09, 2010, 05:25:26 PM
Nice A-100, those certainly have a special place in every Mopar lover's heart.

As for the Daytona, that is a tough call.  It is a very cool timecapsule.
I sold my blue SuperBird for a red Daytona...Just sayin' is all...

Dave, You Killing me here!

Scott Faulkner

TheAutoArchaeologist

We gotta work on the guy with the Daytona.... Maybe if I don't make him mad this time....

69_500

Man see all of the things I miss out on with being without the Internet for 3 months. If he is really wanting to sell come spring give me a shout. It's not that far of a drive and I would drop the C500 in a heartbeat for a four speed Daytona.

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

hemi68charger

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 11, 2010, 06:28:40 AM
Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on December 08, 2010, 07:45:13 PM
Hi,
If it is redone it is just one of a lot of restored Daytonas.

Carsten

::) ::) :rotz:

Think Carsten is implying that it'll loose it's special character. It's to a level of survival that it can still be presentable and drive along with the privilege of saying it's unrestored. I remember my days with "Whitey". A true survivor '71 Charger R/T. There were days I really wanted to restore her (hence my attic full of NOS parts) and then there were days when I knew to leave well enough alone. At shows, most people enjoyed the unrestored condition and would ask all kinds of questions about this or that...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DC_1

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 09, 2010, 02:57:10 PM

The paint: He said that the paint was never very good, especially after they used to set beverage cans up on the wing for pellet gun target practice. He took the car to Maaco in Peoria for some "touching up" and they ended up spraying a coat on almost the whole car.

Not exactly a "survivor" if the car already has been almost completely repainted. However, I do agree that it is not so far gone that it's flaws and current state don't give it character and make you imagine it's life and history. At least that's what I do when I see a car in it's unrestored condition- especially one with iconic status!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 11, 2010, 09:45:12 AM
Quote from: FJ5WING on December 11, 2010, 06:28:40 AM
Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on December 08, 2010, 07:45:13 PM
Hi,
If it is redone it is just one of a lot of restored Daytonas.

Carsten

::) ::) :rotz:

Think Carsten is implying that it'll loose it's special character. It's to a level of survival that it can still be presentable and drive along with the privilege of saying it's unrestored. I remember my days with "Whitey". A true survivor '71 Charger R/T. There were days I really wanted to restore her (hence my attic full of NOS parts) and then there were days when I knew to leave well enough alone. At shows, most people enjoyed the unrestored condition and would ask all kinds of questions about this or that...
I mostly agree with you, but this car was resprayed almost entirely, and that really takes away from the original look though the interior is awesome. Very hard call, I guess one would have to be the owner and then make a decision after considering the initial cost.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Beep Beep Dave

Thanks for taking the time to share the pics and the story of this Daytona. It would be nice if you could followup with it and it would be interesting what the market would be for such a car. I like most of the guys who read this Forum daily start :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: just checking out the pics hoping to have a car like that someday. It would be cool if one of the guys on here got a chance for it one day.

I think a price in the 90's might be fair, depending on details.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

fc7_plumcrazy