News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shelby Charger Coming Back to Life

Started by 71charger_fan, December 08, 2010, 06:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonGriggs

My mother bought a Shelby Charger new in 1984. She drove it until 1996 when she found another Shelby charger that had a new paint job with lower milage for $1500. The second shelby is in the repair shop getting fuel system fixed. The first one is here under a tarp.

71charger_fan

I just mailed a check for $1500 to cover supplies and misc. I was kind of hoping he wouldn't get around to it for a while yet. I should be home for a few weeks at the end of Sept, beginning of Oct.

71charger_fan

Should finally get painted this weekend.

71charger_fan

The painter should be picking it up in about half an hour.

b5blue

71charger_fan

I have a hard time remembering how old this car is now. Back in '78 when I bought a '59 Coronet, that car seemed ancient. Now that I'm in my 50s, an '83 seems like a late model.

b5blue

I've gotta keep reminding myself my 89 Cherokee is 21!  :lol:

Ghoste

Quote from: 71charger_fan on October 01, 2011, 08:15:46 AM
I have a hard time remembering how old this car is now. Back in '78 when I bought a '59 Coronet, that car seemed ancient. Now that I'm in my 50s, an '83 seems like a late model.

That is funny.  This car is older now than my 69 Super Bee was when I bought it in 78 and same as you I thought THAT car was old at the time.

Chryco Psycho

Very cool project !!
I had a Rampage & A Daytona Shelby Z , I had so many problems with both I gave up on the front drive , they were a blast to drive when they were working but I still spent more time wrenching on both of them then driving them .

71charger_fan

I've had a Shelby Lancer and a Daytona Pacifica. Great driving cars. The Lancer was a bit of a maintenance nightmare. I traded it to a dealership mechanic for the Daytona Pacifica. Even with all the tools and equipment at his disposal, he couldn't get that Turbo II to run right. Even swapping the computers didn't help. The Daytona always ran and ran well. However, the digital dash was a hit or miss kind of thing.

84shelby

Good to see one come back to life        :2thumbs:

71charger_fan

It got painted on schedule. However, we had a sudden change in the weather from warm and dry to cold and wet. He had to sand the clear and reshoot it. I didn't get to see it painted before I had to go back overseas.

71charger_fan

It's finally almost done. I'll be back in the U.S. in another month, so i'll get a chance to put the interior back in and drive it for a while.

71charger_fan

A couple more.

Charger RT

71ChallengeHer

Wow, that looks great. I bet you can't wait to get home and finish it.  :cheers:

b5blue

I'm glad to see it look so well done!  :cheers:

71charger_fan

I may have gotten the last set of 15", 4-lug OZ Crono wheels in the U.S. I tried to get 5 of them, but Tirerack only had 4 left and weren't getting any more. I've not been able to find that elusive fifth. I got 'em cheap on a close out. The factory rims are in pretty grim shape after many, many winters as my daily driver.

71charger_fan

I hope to start putting the interior back in it today.

71charger_fan

An interior is a long-overdue improvement.

71charger_fan

Both front and back

DC_1

Great project!.....I've always had a soft spot for these cars since they were considered the only real performance cars being offered in the 80s by Mopar. And the GLHS version was a Mustang smoker!

Ghoste

And it's fun to bug Shelby Ford fans about them.  :D

71charger_fan

It's hard to believe that 107hp was once a performance car.

CDN72SE

Very nice, not everyday you see one of them.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE