News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shelby Charger Coming Back to Life

Started by 71charger_fan, December 08, 2010, 06:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Power to weight plays a big part too but yeah, it does sound strange doesn't it.

71charger_fan

Even at that power level, it was still hard to get it to the ground with that car. I had two 5-speeds replaced under warranty. The second one, I showed up at he dealership the day before my 5/50 was to expire.

The glove box was warped from day one. They were supposed to order me a new one, but that never happened.

71charger_fan

If any of you folks that have had Shelby Chargers still have any bits and pieces laying around, I cannot find the bracket to attach the forward part of the console to the floor.

Charger RT

71charger_fan

I found the missing bracket, but only after I jury rigged my own.

71charger_fan

A couple more.

greasyspider

Those cars are going to be worth a fortune once us 30 somethings start having midlife crisis :smilielol:
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

71charger_fan

I wound up having to run new front speaker wires. The old ones had been cut and spliced too many times and had been shorted by the hood hinges. That was a pain. I put the louvers back on today and I found I much prefer the 2011 Charger badging to the '83 badges that came off.

71charger_fan

I had to buy three license plate brackets and fit them together to make something to fit this car.

Ghoste

So you say you prefer the newest style nameplate emblems but which did you install, the original style for the car or a set of brand new ones?

71charger_fan

I put on the new style. I like the way the letters are separate and the name isn't part of one casting. I left the Dodge decal off the nose as I thought it was just visual clutter. I also didn't put on the silver striping that should run around the car just above the ground effects. Again, I think it clutters things up.

71charger_fan

Based on advice I got over on turbododge.com, I ordered a new Weber DFEV for the SC. I'm hoping it'll be the answer to what a POS the factory Holley has been. I even switched to the Mopar Performance Holley carb back in the 80s. It was an improvement, but still not much of a carb.

b5blue

71charger_fan

It's home. Finally.

71charger_fan

Unfortunately, I found a spider web crack in the hood paint, so that'll have to be redone.

Charger RT

looks nice. did you work out the wiper linkage and bushing issue?
Tim

71charger_fan

I got a wiper linkage bushing kit from Omni-Potent Parts.

Ghoste

It looks great!  Nice to see one kept on the road even if they are maligned around here.  (I like them though so what do I know)

71charger_fan

The new carb is like a dream compared to the Holley 5200 series I've run for almost 30 years. The driveability improvement is amazing.

71charger_fan

I was at a light next to a new GT500 when an older Mustang GT came up on the other side and surprised me when he pointed to the GT500 and said he liked my car better.

Dodgerdallas

Thats a clean ride,bet its a lotta fun drivin it around town-looking good!
This is gonna be cheap and easy......

71charger_fan

It's kind of fun in that almost no one under 25 knows what it is.

Ghoste

I never really thought about that before but it would be kind of a mystery car to that demographic wouldn't it?

71charger_fan

Years ago, probably 1986, my neighbor had an '83 Celica and a Nissan Pulsar. He pointedly told me he'd never buy an American car as they're not reliable enough. His Celica blew its engine later that year a few hundred miles out of warranty. He replaced it with a Bronco II that spent all its time at the dealership with engine woes. He complained to me that he should have known better than to buy American. I opened his hood and showed him the decal identifying the engine (where all the problems were) as being manufactured in Germany. He eventually bought a Chrysler Concorde.