News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Charger in the Totality?

Started by lloyd3, August 20, 2017, 02:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

At it's closest, about 3 1/2 hours north of me, the total eclipse of the sun will pass over Interstate 25 near Glendo Reservoir in Wyoming at exactly 11:37 AM on Monday the 21st of August. At 6 miles per gallon, those 210 miles will be a bit pricey (roughly $210 worth of fuel round trip), and from the reports I'm hearing traffic won't be pretty. I had even considered sneaking over into Nebraska near Sidney to avoid the crowds, but from what I'm reading, every little burg along the route will be deeply involved in the silliness.  If I could do it in relative isolation, I would be sorely tempted.

JB400

Personally, I don't see the real need to see the full eclipse.  I'll just enjoy what I can see from where I'm at.

JR

I'd be nervous taking the Charger anywhere in the line of Totality. I'm currently in Athens GA, headed north in the morning, and traffic is nuts here too.

I'd be afraid to drive the charger here where everyone is going to be looking up instead of watching the road.

Every hiking trail or viewpoint here is already crowded. We're going to try and find a rooftop or boat ramp or somewhere as open as possible.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green