News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How long ($$?) to install quarters

Started by 70 Charger RT, August 03, 2011, 01:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 Charger RT

I'm trying to do some horse trading with this body guy to install my 2 quarters and was hoping to find out generally how long it would take to remove the old ones and install the new ones.  I want to walk into the deal and not be taken advantage of.  They are AMD full quarters.  I'm thinking 20 hours or about $2,000.  Is that reasonable?  Any insight would be great.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

brant

To do them with finesse, I'd say closer to 30 -35 hours.

Patronus

Lets see, a body man and helper.. one day to remove em and lucky to get em hanging. Next day fitting, maybe start welding one. (you can bet you'll have to adjust something...i.e. rear glass shape or door jamb) Day 3 finish welding, leading. Half-day 4 quick sand and prep for your bodywork. With a helper thats 28 hrs a piece, at what? $80/hr = $2240 + parts... :scratchchin: ?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Cooter

It's been my experience that "Horse trading" on ANYTHING almost NEVER works out for me..You may have better luck..Hope so, but I would think full quarters DONE RIGHT would be alot of work..Especially, once the quarters are removed and your inner wheel houses are shot, lower trunk extensions are shot, etc.

It's Never just installing quarters. It's always something else that is hiding behind those rusted/dented quarters....So, plan on it being at least double what you expect it to be....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

70 Charger RT

70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel