News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New replica of the Charger 69 center plastic grille!

Started by bobfist, December 16, 2010, 03:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

How about heat/cold cycles? How does it hold up when things get hot/cold?

Brock Lee

Quote from: bobfist on April 11, 2011, 03:10:14 PM
Our ones wont crack , we tried to brake one ending up like a screw :)

Can we see that test piece?

bull

FLG

Come on bull, at least give them a fair shot before you say were chasing unicorns.

bull

Quote from: FLG on April 11, 2011, 05:51:25 PM
Come on bull, at least give them a fair shot before you say were chasing unicorns.

Well, he said the prototype was almost done, two months ago... :shruggy:

stripedelete

Quote from: bull on April 12, 2011, 12:37:15 AM
Quote from: FLG on April 11, 2011, 05:51:25 PM

Well, he said the prototype was almost done, two months ago... :shruggy:

Tough not to be skeptical, but, I'll giv'em the benefit of the doubt. 

I think "prototype" was used to describe the existing piece to be used for the mold/process.  (It was translation thing)

bobfist

Hi!
Yes thats right sorry for the misunderstanding guys.
The 2 May are the date for the production, the other date was the prototype part.

Sorry 
www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

Brock Lee

BIGBLCK11

Quote from: Brock Lee on April 13, 2011, 10:38:46 PM
May we see the prototype?

There is no prototype, see below.  He was in the process of repairing an orig. grille, to use as his "model", to make the mold from.

Quote from: stripedelete on April 12, 2011, 09:27:11 AM
I think "prototype" was used to describe the existing piece to be used for the mold/process.  (It was translation thing)

Quote from: bobfist on April 12, 2011, 01:06:14 PM
Hi!
Yes thats right sorry for the misunderstanding guys.
The 2 May are the date for the production, the other date was the prototype part.

Sorry  

Brock Lee

Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on April 13, 2011, 11:34:45 PM

There is no prototype, see below.  He was in the process of repairing an orig. grille, to use as his "model", to make the mold from.

So what was this?

Sounds like more than a repaired grille was made to me. You can fix an old one all you want and not get that kind of flex out of it.

stripedelete

Quote from: Brock Lee on April 14, 2011, 04:06:54 AM
Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on April 13, 2011, 11:34:45 PM

So what was this?

:shruggy:

Sounds like more than a repaired grille was made to me. You can fix an old one all you want and not get that kind of flex out of it.

BIGBLCK11

:shruggy: Yeah, you got me on that?  bobfist would have to answer.  I thought it was more in regards to the lost in translation.

On another note, I too will hold all judgement until the final product is revealed.  But, wouldn't it be wise to use a NOS or perfect (non-repaired) piece to start the process off with, considering the cost to make this happen?  If that is indeed how it is made.  Not trying to shed any negativity on this, I don't need this part.  I hope he is successful in producing a top-notch part for anyone who does.

jam2329

Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on April 14, 2011, 03:18:31 PM
:shruggy: Yeah, you got me on that?  bobfist would have to answer.  I thought it was more in regards to the lost in translation.

On another note, I too will hold all judgement until the final product is revealed.  But, wouldn't it be wise to use a NOS or perfect (non-repaired) piece to start the process off with, considering the cost to make this happen?  If that is indeed how it is made.  Not trying to shed any negativity on this, I don't need this part.  I hope he is successful in producing a top-notch part for anyone who does.

i hope so too cause i need this part

TexasStroker

Is this still slated for Monday, May 2nd?  That is right around the corner...next working day in fact.  Definitely keep us updated  :2thumbs:

If this lines up I could potentially replace the grille as I finally tackle the front valance etc.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ac_knight

bobfist

Hi all. The product are in process now But we have to keep process under secrecy.
Just hang in there.
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

resq302

Quote from: bobfist on May 02, 2011, 06:48:47 AM
Hi all. The product are in process now But we have to keep process under secrecy.
Just hang in there.

Why is it a big secret?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bobfist

The whole processing progress, its the factory policy
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Roger 68 charger

wait for it...  wait for it...  wait for it...  I know I have heard that before somewhere..      Oh ya thats what they are

telling me about the transmission I ordered back in Nov.!   :brickwall:
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

bobfist

Im sure that you wont be dissapointed
thats nothing i can do than listen to the factory
www.bobfist.com
Sweden