News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally found the one owner 100% original SuperBird I have been looking for!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, December 19, 2010, 05:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

It's not for sale and never will be.  She has already been offered 200k and turned it down.  I plan on pulling it out in the spring and cleaning the car up.
15,000 miles, original paint is thick and clean.
More coming.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

Yes they are still out there.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

More.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 19, 2010, 05:12:11 PM
 It's not for sale and never will be.  She has already been offered 200k and turned it down.  I plan on pulling it out in the spring and cleaning the car up.
15,000 miles, original paint is thick and clean.
More coming.

There would only be a bloody stump left of the guy's arm offering the 200k - wow.

Nice find though!  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Yeah, this thing will clean up like brand new. The paint is amazing and the interior is very very nice except for the moss steering wheel. She has the tag, build sheet, bill of sale, owners manual, which has never been opened and is still sealed.  Someone who knew the dealer told the dealer owner who had the car and he closed shop years ago but said " I knew I saved this stuff for a reason " and gave them ever piece of paperwork from Plymouth to them.  It came from Maine in 1971 for 2,800.00.

I can't believe I found it?  I was mentioning it to a friend and he says I know where that car is.  :slap:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

1969chargerrtse

More.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tan top

good find Rob  :yesnod: :drool5: thanks for posting the pictures :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: tan top on December 19, 2010, 06:28:30 PM
good find Rob :yesnod: :drool5:  great pictures thanks for posting :popcrn: :cheers:
Thanks guys. My head is still spinning to know this type of car is out there in this shape. Blows my mind. I'm so excited to be a part of getting it back on the road and cleaned up like almost new. The husband was so nice, his wife the owner was out but he said she will be thrilled to meet me again ( I met her in the mid 80's when I saw the wing in the gargage window ).  I told him I would work on it for free and clean and detail it.  I don't plan on this until spring 2011 and at that time I'll have clear pics and video and fire it up. Last time out was 1999.
I read the Aero thread all the time and dream of finding something original like this one. The Red Daytona posted recently made me so wanna be there, and now after a little digging around I found this true classic. Very excited, can you tell?
When I told him I had a Orange 69 charger he knew the car and actually worked with me in the 80's in the same building and remembered me!
He said she had a 71 charger out back for years just rotting away and she wouldn't get rid of it as long as It ran.  So he put sugar in the tank and junked it soon after.  It was a blue 318 car.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on December 19, 2010, 07:31:25 PM
Cool thread Rob! Nice find too!!
Yeah cool stuff for sure. I talked to the wife tonight for awhile. She is protective of the car But I am gonna swing over there and put air in the tires for now. She's interested in the AirChamber I store my Charger in. She remembered me from the 80's and the different Muscle cars I've owned. Not much to add. Just neat to find these American Classics.
Believe it or not there is another one in a field also close to me in town. It's white and rusting away, that's my next mission to find that car.

TheAutoArchaeologist

You never know what's out there.  That's awesome.  What's the story with the car?

I mean I never find stuff like that.... cough... cough... but that is an awesome find!

There are 2 Daytona's and a 70 Superbird within a 50 mile radius of eachother... all barn cars.  Shows you how common they are....

Aero426

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 19, 2010, 06:31:41 PM
Good find thanks for sharing .I believe the lowest mile superbird this 12 mile car
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56991.0.html

The 12 mile car now has 5400 miles on it.  The miles were put on by the folks who bought it in 1988.  Current owner John Hlivko and his wife Marilyn are shown with the car here at Meadowbrook Hall last June.   The gentleman on the right is Jack Smith who was a designer at Chrysler.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on December 20, 2010, 12:00:24 PM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 19, 2010, 06:31:41 PM
Good find thanks for sharing .I believe the lowest mile superbird this 12 mile car
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56991.0.html

The 12 mile car now has 5400 miles on it.  The miles were put on by the folks who bought it in 1988.  Current owner John Hlivko and his wife Marilyn are shown with the car here at Meadowbrook Hall last June.   The gentleman on the right is Jack Smith who was a designer at Chrysler.

Wow !!!  a 12 mile Superbird... Even at 5400 !!!!  It's amazing...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pandamarie

Nice find. My wife works with a lady whos father bought her a new superbird for high school and she still has it. problem is my wife wont ask her to show it to me. Its in a small garage in down town Sacramento. Anyone else know of this car.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: pandamarie on December 20, 2010, 02:18:55 PM
Nice find. My wife works with a lady whos father bought her a new superbird for high school and she still has it. problem is my wife wont ask her to show it to me. Its in a small garage in down town Sacramento. Anyone else know of this car.

Sounds like you need to make a trip to your wife's work place with a Mopar shirt on pictured with a bunch of Superbirds... That's strike up conversation...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: dangina on December 22, 2010, 06:51:37 PM
:2thumbs: I'm so jealous right now...
Naw don't be jealous.  Recently I met someone with a 70 chevelle SS 396/375, another guy with  2 Hemi chargers, and now the Bird.  And I've already been to each of their houses. What I'm re learning is, ask and talk cars to anyone that will listen and connections will happen.  I had mentioned this bird to my friend before.  It was just this time that it clicked to him.  :slap:

pettybird

what part of the country?  get her to the national meet--if Sue and Joann bring their cars to join mom's she'd be one of at least four female owners...that doesn't happen frequently!

dreamcatcher

I know what you mean...I am in a town of 220 people and 2 blocks from me in a building sits an original petty blue superbird and on the other side there are two original numbers matching hemi roadrunners  :drool5: they have been in there for over 15 years.The guy wont sell them and he has done nothing with them.He did let me in there to look at the SB when I was building mine.He was really cool about it but there his jewels.I also seen a 70 charger rt in there with 60000 miles on it.He center punched a pole with it 20 years ago and it has been there ever since.It really just needs a hood and grill and rad support and bumper.He wouldnt even talk about selling it either.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: pettybird on December 23, 2010, 03:56:38 PM
what part of the country?  get her to the national meet--if Sue and Joann bring their cars to join mom's she'd be one of at least four female owners...that doesn't happen frequently!
I can have this car up and running by spring.  When and where is the meet?  How can I know for sure if the other ladies are going?  I would love to have her be a part of it.  She is a Nascar fan and bought this all her own in her single days back in 1971.  The car is on the East coast.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: dreamcatcher on December 23, 2010, 04:30:55 PM
I know what you mean...I am in a town of 220 people and 2 blocks from me in a building sits an original petty blue superbird and on the other side there are two original numbers matching hemi roadrunners  :drool5: they have been in there for over 15 years.The guy wont sell them and he has done nothing with them.He did let me in there to look at the SB when I was building mine.He was really cool about it but there his jewels.I also seen a 70 charger rt in there with 60000 miles on it.He center punched a pole with it 20 years ago and it has been there ever since.It really just needs a hood and grill and rad support and bumper.He wouldnt even talk about selling it either.
That's just amazing.  There really are so many of these still out there.  That is a good thing.  Kinda glad the crazy numbers are coming down, maybe more and more people will put them back on the road?

moparstuart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 23, 2010, 05:10:21 PM
I can have this car up and running by spring.  When and where is the meet?  How can I know for sure if the other ladies are going?  I would love to have her be a part of it.  She is a Nascar fan and bought this all her own in her single days back in 1971.  The car is on the East coast.
cleveland in june
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparstuart on December 23, 2010, 05:13:56 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 23, 2010, 05:10:21 PM
cleveland in june

Any way of knowing if the other ladies are going?  and are they original owners or just owners?

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 23, 2010, 05:11:47 PM
Quote from: dreamcatcher on December 23, 2010, 04:30:55 PM
That's just amazing.  There really are so many of these still out there.  That is a good thing.  Kinda glad the crazy numbers are coming down, maybe more and more people will put them back on the road?

There are no more, stop looking.  If you keep finding them, I never will!

Ryan

GeneralLeeTESH

That is SOOO G Damned awesome ! Good for you ! Drive the SHIT  out  of it ! That's an ORDER troop  !!!! :2thumbs:
The TESH

69_500

The other two ladies mentioned aren't original owners of the cars, but they do own them. Although in attendance wil probably be a few other original owners of wing cars. Its always a nice gathering of cars, and people.

pettybird

...and it's relaxed.  tell her it isn't Carlisle where they'll be people picking apart every paint chip. 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on December 23, 2010, 09:41:29 PM
That is SOOO G Damned awesome ! Good for you ! Drive the SHIT  out  of it ! That's an ORDER troop  !!!! :2thumbs:
Well it's not my car. It's her's and I hope it always stays that way. I'm just offering my time and skills to bring it back to the way it was. I'm calling her Monday and hoping to swing by and fill the tires and cover the car until spring. Hopefully we will build a trusting friendship and I can get the car road ready. I already told her the only thing I'm looking for is smile on her face when it's all done. Nothing more. As with most Aero cars I feel,  :notworthy:

I'm 100% Muscle car guy and love what I have. I'd love to own that car for the simple reason of knowing her and seeing it over 20 years ago and what the car is history related. But it's always been her's and always should. Hey I have a soul.