News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally found the one owner 100% original SuperBird I have been looking for!!

Started by 1969chargerrtse, December 19, 2010, 05:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamcatcher

I know what you mean...I am in a town of 220 people and 2 blocks from me in a building sits an original petty blue superbird and on the other side there are two original numbers matching hemi roadrunners  :drool5: they have been in there for over 15 years.The guy wont sell them and he has done nothing with them.He did let me in there to look at the SB when I was building mine.He was really cool about it but there his jewels.I also seen a 70 charger rt in there with 60000 miles on it.He center punched a pole with it 20 years ago and it has been there ever since.It really just needs a hood and grill and rad support and bumper.He wouldnt even talk about selling it either.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: pettybird on December 23, 2010, 03:56:38 PM
what part of the country?  get her to the national meet--if Sue and Joann bring their cars to join mom's she'd be one of at least four female owners...that doesn't happen frequently!
I can have this car up and running by spring.  When and where is the meet?  How can I know for sure if the other ladies are going?  I would love to have her be a part of it.  She is a Nascar fan and bought this all her own in her single days back in 1971.  The car is on the East coast.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: dreamcatcher on December 23, 2010, 04:30:55 PM
I know what you mean...I am in a town of 220 people and 2 blocks from me in a building sits an original petty blue superbird and on the other side there are two original numbers matching hemi roadrunners  :drool5: they have been in there for over 15 years.The guy wont sell them and he has done nothing with them.He did let me in there to look at the SB when I was building mine.He was really cool about it but there his jewels.I also seen a 70 charger rt in there with 60000 miles on it.He center punched a pole with it 20 years ago and it has been there ever since.It really just needs a hood and grill and rad support and bumper.He wouldnt even talk about selling it either.
That's just amazing.  There really are so many of these still out there.  That is a good thing.  Kinda glad the crazy numbers are coming down, maybe more and more people will put them back on the road?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 23, 2010, 05:10:21 PM
what part of the country?  get her to the national meet--if Sue and Joann bring their cars to join mom's she'd be one of at least four female owners...that doesn't happen frequently!
I can have this car up and running by spring.  When and where is the meet?  How can I know for sure if the other ladies are going?  I would love to have her be a part of it.  She is a Nascar fan and bought this all her own in her single days back in 1971.  The car is on the East coast.
cleveland in june
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparstuart on December 23, 2010, 05:13:56 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 23, 2010, 05:10:21 PM
cleveland in june

Any way of knowing if the other ladies are going?  and are they original owners or just owners?

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 23, 2010, 05:11:47 PM
Quote from: dreamcatcher on December 23, 2010, 04:30:55 PM
That's just amazing.  There really are so many of these still out there.  That is a good thing.  Kinda glad the crazy numbers are coming down, maybe more and more people will put them back on the road?

There are no more, stop looking.  If you keep finding them, I never will!

Ryan

GeneralLeeTESH

That is SOOO G Damned awesome ! Good for you ! Drive the SHIT  out  of it ! That's an ORDER troop  !!!! :2thumbs:
The TESH

69_500

The other two ladies mentioned aren't original owners of the cars, but they do own them. Although in attendance wil probably be a few other original owners of wing cars. Its always a nice gathering of cars, and people.

pettybird

...and it's relaxed.  tell her it isn't Carlisle where they'll be people picking apart every paint chip. 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on December 23, 2010, 09:41:29 PM
That is SOOO G Damned awesome ! Good for you ! Drive the SHIT  out  of it ! That's an ORDER troop  !!!! :2thumbs:
Well it's not my car. It's her's and I hope it always stays that way. I'm just offering my time and skills to bring it back to the way it was. I'm calling her Monday and hoping to swing by and fill the tires and cover the car until spring. Hopefully we will build a trusting friendship and I can get the car road ready. I already told her the only thing I'm looking for is smile on her face when it's all done. Nothing more. As with most Aero cars I feel,  :notworthy:

I'm 100% Muscle car guy and love what I have. I'd love to own that car for the simple reason of knowing her and seeing it over 20 years ago and what the car is history related. But it's always been her's and always should. Hey I have a soul.