News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NBOA Black Ice article

Started by 41husk, December 25, 2010, 02:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

I was reading my latest NBOA/winged warriors news letter, and saw Sandra and Larry Ropers Black Ice Bird featured.  It was great to see and read the story of the cars history.  Having bought Sandra and Larry's Daytona clone some how made me feel like I was a part of the story.  I was very saddened to read that Sandra could no longer travel.  That made me realize on Christmas day, just how fortunate I was to meet her when she could still get around.  I want to thank both Sandra and Larry for making one of my Mopar dreams come true.  I have many friends I have had the pleasure of meeting due only to a common interest in Mopars.  If it were not for these cars there are many wonderful people I would never meet or communicate with.  I would like to wish all my mopar friends, including many board members I have talked to on this site and not yet met, Merry Christmas and Happy new year!  I would also like to wish the best for Sandra.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemigeno

Well said, Allen   :yesnod:

I too hope 2011 is a good year for everyone, especially the Ropers.

hotrod98

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Sandra is doing well. It's difficult to travel very far from home since I can't accompany her to the restroom. The Alzheimer's has caused her to be confused at times as to what to do. Her basic health is still good and she still recognizes me as well as most of the immediate family. She may not remember our names or how we're related sometimes but at least she still recognizes us. Yesterday I asked her if she remembered us driving the bird around the St. Louis track back in September and she said that she still remembered that. Still brings a smile to her face.
We get the bird out as much as possible and we managed to take a few short trips just this last week. We'll try to make some of the local shows and cruises in 2011 if her health holds out.
Hope everyone has a fantastic new year.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i hope the new year brings you both happiness and health . lets enjoy our time in  this world . no matter how short it my be .Peace

your fiends , Rene and Nurit
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img