News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here's my Superbird story... RM23U0A161593

Started by Montreal Wing Car, January 01, 2011, 07:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C5X DAYTONA

That is the car.  The vin was RM23U0A161593.     I have the car on file from Clyde and that he purchased the car from Canada and sold it to a guy in Anchorage Alaska.   Clyde passed away about 10 years ago.   
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

Montreal Wing Car

Sorry to hear about Clyde...
Any info on current whereabouts of the car?

Ben

C5X DAYTONA

No idea,  Maybe still in Alaska.   Bob is still around.   I hear he is out this way these days.  But I have not seen him in 10-15 years.
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

Montreal Wing Car

Anybody from Alaska on the board?  :icon_smile_big:

Ben

Montreal Wing Car

BUMP... So close, yet so far away....
Anyone near Anchorage, or who would know about the car's whereabouts in Alaska?
Thanks!

Ben

Ghoste

moparstuart

Tom Ferry (Superbirdtom) he sold Larry the Black Ice superbird  he might know about it  ?
Hes in alaska   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Alaskan_TA is also in Alaska and quite the Mopar historian as well.

Montreal Wing Car

Thanks guys, I'll PM them if they do not see this.
Ben

Ghoste

Might not be a bad idea, I don't know if they go into the aero forum too much.

Arnie Cunningham

Bob Rollins....?  Did he get out of the winged cars and start collecting Mopar movie cars?
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Montreal Wing Car

Oh, BTW, Mr. Cooke, this car is listed as a V code on your list, should be a U.

Ben

Arnie Cunningham

AH!  Thanks for the correction.  I will change that.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Rarepearl

As of right now Bob Rollins is pretty much homeless.  The car collection is gone along with all of the parts.  For a guy whose nickname was "Wheels" the only wheels he owns now are on a suitcase.  The whole story would make a great movie for the big screen.

Montreal Wing Car

Quote from: Rarepearl on December 06, 2012, 10:19:16 PM
As of right now Bob Rollins is pretty much homeless.  The car collection is gone along with all of the parts.  For a guy whose nickname was "Wheels" the only wheels he owns now are on a suitcase.  The whole story would make a great movie for the big screen.

That's too bad, is there any thing the Wing Car community can do to help? There must be a lot of people who know him that can lend a hand if they were so active in collecting those cars back then? I did not deal with him and his father, the next owner did, but I do feel I can do something... Are you in touch with him?

Ben

Aero426

Quote from: Montreal Wing Car on September 01, 2012, 08:51:04 PM

Ben

The only info I had readily available at hand on the car was from Michel Bedard, around 1984.   

Rarepearl

Bob suffers from BDD (Bad Decisions Daily).  He is very resourceful and is constantly pursuing "Deals" instead of getting ahead in life.  He would welcome any and all "Investors" from the winged community to persue his dreams. 

I am not a Mopar guy but I sure did learn a lot while helping him liquidate so he could obtain the cars Clyde never bought for him. You Mopar guys are really particular when it comes to documentation, fender tags, build sheets, and numbers that match.  Most of Clyde's cars were projects that he restored.  He would have been way ahead of the game to purchase quality cars and park them (He had the money) than to do it the way he did. 

I remember once Bob and I took a road trip in two of the birds (without Clyde knowing) and I went to turn on the heat only to be overcome by all of the dust from all of the body work still in the ducts.  The cars went straight from the restoration to storage and never got used.  Another tidbit to that story is that the insurance was not activated for that road trip because details like that did not concern Bob.

Who in their right mind would not keep at least one?   The answer is Bob!

Montreal Wing Car

Quote from: Aero426 on December 07, 2012, 09:33:24 AM
Quote from: Montreal Wing Car on September 01, 2012, 08:51:04 PM

Ben

The only info I had readily available at hand on the car was from Michel Bedard, around 1984.   

Yep, Michel's the one I sold it too, got a hold of him recently, he did not have any paperwork left, he now has a very nice hemi-powered Daytona clone.

Ben

Montreal Wing Car

Quote from: Rarepearl on December 07, 2012, 08:43:35 PM
Bob suffers from BDD (Bad Decisions Daily).  He is very resourceful and is constantly pursuing "Deals" instead of getting ahead in life.  He would welcome any and all "Investors" from the winged community to persue his dreams. 

I am not a Mopar guy but I sure did learn a lot while helping him liquidate so he could obtain the cars Clyde never bought for him. You Mopar guys are really particular when it comes to documentation, fender tags, build sheets, and numbers that match.  Most of Clyde's cars were projects that he restored.  He would have been way ahead of the game to purchase quality cars and park them (He had the money) than to do it the way he did. 

I remember once Bob and I took a road trip in two of the birds (without Clyde knowing) and I went to turn on the heat only to be overcome by all of the dust from all of the body work still in the ducts.  The cars went straight from the restoration to storage and never got used.  Another tidbit to that story is that the insurance was not activated for that road trip because details like that did not concern Bob.

Who in their right mind would not keep at least one?   The answer is Bob!

Was one of those Birds orange, originally green??? ;-)

Ben

Aero426

Here is one of the old Clyde Rollins cars.    The owner drives it cross country often.     It's well sorted out.    Clyde apparently did not like nose decals. 

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on December 10, 2012, 03:46:43 PM
Here is one of the old Clyde Rollins cars.    The owner drives it cross country often.     It's well sorted out.    Clyde apparently did not like nose decals. 
I know that car    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Rarepearl

The Petty Blue car was my favorite and the one I had the pleasure of driving on the road trip.  The car drove excellent and was real easy to drive way over the speed limit. The car had a fiberglass nose on it that fit perfectly.  It was not an original Petty Blue car either.  At the time that Bob was selling the cars this was the only one with a build sheet that he could find.  Most of the cars were missing fender tags too.  Had a chance to buy it fairly cheep and in hindsight should have found a way.  But I am not one to profit from a car.  Hell I still own my first car.  The family is still in possession of a car my dad bought brand new in 1956.  Bob on the other hand swore he would never sell his mother's car that Clyde bought new in 1964 (a baby blue Lincoln convertible with a white interior and white top all original and beautiful) but that was used as collateral and is gone now.  I am sending him all of the pictures you folks were kind enough to post on here just to F_ _ _ with him.  From my writings you can probably tell I do not approve of the way Bob flushed Clyde's legacy down the toilet so he could pursue dead end dreams.  Clyde was an excellent business man whose advice and knowledge was sought out often.  Trouble was none of that knowledge penetrated Bob's thick skull. 

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Montreal Wing Car

I looked at every single Superbird at the reunion in hopes on seeing my old Bird again, but no dice...
Thought I'd bump the thread up in case someone from Alaska, who might know some of the whereabouts of it might have joined since...
Thanks!

Ben

mopar346

Alaskan TA was at the reunion and he'd be the one I'd contact if I was chancing a car thought to go to Alaska. Even if he doesn't know the car he can probably put in touch with lots of Alaskan Mopar guys and you can start chasing threads. If you have the VIN now cant you do a title/DMV search?