News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Numbers matching ?!?!

Started by xx29440charger, January 12, 2011, 07:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

How do you check to see if a winged car is numbers matching. Is there a step by step list somebody could share. I have learned so much in the last 3 months thanks to you all on this site! Thank you! :cheers:  :coolgleamA: I would like to know specifically how to check the numbers on Superbirds. :rofl:

hemi68charger

There's two main things people are looking for in terms of "numbers matching"

1. The body marking matching the VIN/Fender Tag Sequence #. On a Daytona (or any b-body for that matter in '69), there are numbers stamped on the radiator upper core support (driver's side) by the battery and the trunk drip trough (driver's side). The turquoise example is from my former '68 Charger R/T (hence the B8X#######). The B is the assembly plant, the 8 is the model year, X I forget and the ####### is the vehicle's Vehicle order number. For a '69 and '70, the ####### will be the vehicle's sequence # from the VIN and fender tag

2. Then there's the motor and tranny. Both have raised bosses with the VIN stamped on it. The motor is on the bottom passenger side at the oil pan/block interface and the tranny on the passenger side.

Another reference..
http://www.mymopar.com/enginecastnumb.htm
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Alaskan_TA

To truly be 'numbers matching' the chassis needs to have the numbers the car was born with.

Personally, I would not buy any high dollar car without testing the body number areas for hidden welds.