News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Archive Image Dave Whitcomb 69 Daytona

Started by nascarxx29, January 13, 2011, 12:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misplacedyank

As to where the #6 Howard's Photo Lab cars ended up, I was present when Phil Howard sold them to the (Pierce?) brothers who ran a Junk Yards in southern Indiana who repainted them Blue and White and ran them the next 2 years with (I believe) Roger McCluskey and Ramo Stott. The cars number was 14 and J.W. Pierce as sponsor. The cars ran good so I'm suspect that Nichols sold Phil Howard a junk car. Lem forgot to say that the cars were in the top 2 in rankings until he got the head mechanic fired and started setting up the car himself. My dad was on the pit crew when it was the number 6 and later for Don White when Phil Howard sponsored him for 2 or 3 years.

held1823

that should make it the car in this photo, which larry posted on page three of the linked thread. it was taken in the showroom of the dodge dealership here in new castle, just a few miles north of gw pierce's headquarters in dunreith.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,87623.0.html
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Aero426

Quote from: misplacedyank on January 20, 2012, 07:03:35 PM
As to where the #6 Howard's Photo Lab cars ended up, I was present when Phil Howard sold them to the (Pierce?) brothers who ran a Junk Yards in southern Indiana who repainted them Blue and White and ran them the next 2 years with (I believe) Roger McCluskey and Ramo Stott. The cars number was 14 and J.W. Pierce as sponsor.

Great information, as it ties up some loose ends as to where the cars went.

This is Ramo's car from 1973 at Milwaukee.    It is not the same car as the dealership photo.  Among other details, the door handle block off and the outer hood pin locations are not a match.  The dealer photo is no earlier than 1974.   Ramo said the Pierce's owned the car, but he took care of it in Keokuk.  The red pinstripes within the #14 numbers are "Ramo style".   Driving the Pierce car is one of the reasons Ramo's Superbird was left untouched and parked, eventually for good.