News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can a 70 6-way seat track work in a 69 (with a little help)?

Started by Bobby41909, January 18, 2011, 11:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby41909

So I've read that the 70 6-way track is different from a 69.  Currently there is a 69 track on Ebay and PG Classics sells a repro of a 70.  I am confident there are differences from all I've read but looking at the pictures, I just can't tell.  They look too similar to my simple mind.  I'd like to have the 6-way option from a driveability perspective so I am interested if anyone has used a 70 in a 69?  and if so what needed to be done to make it work?  I'd rather not drill holes in the car's floor (if that's part of the issue).  Is it as easy as fabricating a bracket to line up the mounting points for the seat & floor?  Or are they so far off it would just look stupid?

The 69 track on Ebay is offered at $650 which just seems crazy to me.  Especially since it's 40 years old and besides stripping and painting...what else is wrong with it.  I'd rather pay PG Classic $425 (still crazy in my book)  for something new and fabricate a mounting bracket(s).

If you've done this...post a picture of the finished product.

Or if someones done something else to get flexability is the position of the seat...please tell me about it.  I am all ears...

Daytona R/T SE

Yes, I've done it.

I paid 80 Bucks for a '70 Six way at a swap meet years ago.  :coolgleamA:

I thought it was for a '69.  :brickwall:

It Dropped right into the holes in my '69 floor. :2thumbs:

I had to weld a couple of small tabs onto the six way to make the '69 seat fit the '70 Track. :slap:

It's not really a big deal. ;)

Except for the crap you'll get from the '70 guys. :rofl:

Sorry, No pictures.

I've also installed a six-way POWER seat track in a '69.

It came out of an early '70's Imperial with the split bench seat.

I had to relocate two holes in the floor, and two holes in the top of the seat track where the seat bolts

on, but after that, it went right in.

I did the power seat thing for my Daytona clone, driver AND passenger side.

I still have to figure out where I'm going to mount the switches, but the tracks work good in a B-body.

There's WAY more adjustability with the power tracks than the Manual six way, and they can be had

cheap.

A383Wing

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 19, 2011, 12:04:34 AM
Yes, I've done it.

I paid 80 Bucks for a '70 Six way at a swap meet years ago.  :coolgleamA:

I thought it was for a '69.  :brickwall:

It Dropped right into the holes in my '69 floor. :2thumbs:

I had to weld a couple of small tabs onto the six way to make the '69 seat fit the '70 Track. :slap:

It's not really a big deal. ;)

Except for the crap you'll get from the '70 guys. :rofl:

Sorry, No pictures.

I've also installed a six-way POWER seat track in a '69.

It came out of an early '70's Imperial with the split bench seat.

I had to relocate two holes in the floor, and two holes in the top of the seat track where the seat bolts

on, but after that, it went right in.

I did the power seat thing for my Daytona clone, driver AND passenger side.

I still have to figure out where I'm going to mount the switches, but the tracks work good in a B-body.

There's WAY more adjustability with the power tracks than the Manual six way, and they can be had

cheap.

I put c body power tracks in the birdible , if i can remember ill take some shots of the covers i made to hold the switch and cover the mechanism
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

ok chris here you go bad pictures because of tight storage quarters
but you get the point just boxed them in sheet metal 

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn:

Daytona R/T SE

Looks good, Stuart.  :2thumbs:

That's pretty much what I figured I'd do to mine. :yesnod:

Great minds think alike. :cheers:

Iceyone

"I put c body power tracks in the birdible , if i can remember ill take some shots of the covers i made to hold the switch and cover the mechanism"

Cool. I've got power seats in the 70 New Yorker I bought last year and was wondering if anything may be usable in either the Charger or the Super Bee. Now I know.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

blue69

I think the one PG classics is a 69 not a 70. It might be mislabeled. If you look at the 6-way seat track identification page http://www.nicksgarage.com/6way.htm you can see that the seat mounting brackets on the reproduction track all point the same direction like a 69, not a 70. You should call them to make sure.

Bobby41909

Quote from: blue69 on January 29, 2011, 05:48:17 PM
I think the one PG classics is a 69 not a 70. It might be mislabeled. If you look at the 6-way seat track identification page http://www.nicksgarage.com/6way.htm you can see that the seat mounting brackets on the reproduction track all point the same direction like a 69, not a 70. You should call them to make sure.

Already did and its not.  Asked when they were going to repro the 69.  Said they had requests but it wasn't being done now.  Hopefully, they'll start that one