News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My (Now Not So) fairwell post

Started by dreamcatcher, February 07, 2011, 02:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamcatcher

And.... I still have to put the front spoiler back on (have to remove it to put it on my trailer)She sounds good except I am fighting exhaust manifold leaks.She blubbers a bit under the hood. :smilielol:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

nvrbdn

fantastic. glad to hear it went so well. and the time frame was rather quick. you do great work. something to really be proud of. now go back and read the opening line and see what you accomplished.  :notworthy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BigBlockSam

You did good  :cheers: the car looks great congrats . she looks like she can fly  :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

billssuperbird

Hemidog

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tsmithae

I think we can all say that you made the right decision on fixing and keeping her.  And you get the joy of putting her all back together again, again.  :cheers:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

hemi68charger

Very cool... Nice to see progress for you......  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Bobs69

Very nice.  Are those the rims you had on it before?

dreamcatcher

Yes these rims are the same ones...didnt get a real thumbs up from most folks on here.But I like them and the profile they give the car.  :P
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

kw mopar

See I bet you are glad you kept it. And it did not take that long. I think we all learned a lesson I noticed that my shifter is a little goofy when going into park. So since your story I am using the parking brake all the time. Thanks.

dreamcatcher

Thanks...I didn't think I had it in me to do her over again.Anyone that has built one of these knows what I am talking about.It is a very long strenuous project.Then to see it wreck before you drive it...well  :brickwall: and :RantExplode: But yes I am Glad I kept it.And I do owe a few people big time.For the support and parts to make it happen.I don't think the car is as good as it first was but I still am pleased to have it.I think I got my shifter fixed but I will NEVER trust it running with no one in it again.I got my six pack back on it again and with the new borla mufflers she sounds awesome!  :yesnod:

randr

I'm Bored! what to do next......

Where's the you tube video of it running for us all to hear ?

68neverlate

What a great story!  It's so nice to see a community band together and help a member out at a time of dire need!  Kudos to all of you who made this happen!  And the car looks awesome!!!    :drool5:

Troy

I'm very glad to read this after all you've gone through. Kudos for sticking with it and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

XS29J8

Quote from: Troy on June 23, 2011, 03:05:54 PM
I'm very glad to read this after all you've gone through. Kudos for sticking with it and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it.

Troy

:iagree:

Great turn of events, did the shifter problem get resolved?   :2thumbs:

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

dreamcatcher

Steve,
I think so... :scratchchin: but I will never trust her again with out being in the seat..  :hah: I had trouble getting the thing to get into park and still reach first gear...It would go into park far enough to let it start but if you even breathed on it she would go into reverse.I wasn't sure I had the right linkage.I made one and it now seems to lock into park and will reach first.But I learned a serous lesson...don't trust these old cars...things change and things wear out and things get changed along the way....I am glad I saved the car I still love the car...but in a different set of circumstances someone could have been killed ...bottom line don't chance it....

dreamcatcher

OK...so as I have posted I have had a real battel with Christine from the start.I couldnt get the 426 to run right so installed my 440that was for my 73 R code charger.Well I have been driving her a little at a time and have really been taking great strides.I drove her today with the new engine(balanced 440 magnum) and although it is cooler out she didn't over heat.I was rolling along about 70 and just stepped into it a little more.(not even full throttle)and it just jumped up to 110 right now.And really smooth!It just pushed me into the seat and was coming on strong.At that point I just pushed a little more and it jumped to about 130!Still seemed the 440 had more.I backed off.It handled great and ran great!~I think I have it going in my direction now.Although I am still going to try to get to the trouble I had with the 426 and put it back in the car.This car is really fun and boy does it roll!

ChgrSteve67

I'm glad to hear your having fun with your car and are well past the issues that seems to plagued you for so long.

Have you had the chance to show it off any any car shows yet?

What are your future plans?

-Steve

resq302

Quote from: dreamcatcher on November 12, 2011, 05:49:29 PM
OK...so as I have posted I have had a real battel with Christine from the start.I couldnt get the 426 to run right so installed my 440that was for my 73 R code charger.Well I have been driving her a little at a time and have really been taking great strides.I drove her today with the new engine(balanced 440 magnum) and although it is cooler out she didn't over heat.I was rolling along about 70 and just stepped into it a little more.(not even full throttle)and it just jumped up to 110 right now.And really smooth!It just pushed me into the seat and was coming on strong.At that point I just pushed a little more and it jumped to about 130!Still seemed the 440 had more.I backed off.It handled great and ran great!~I think I have it going in my direction now.Although I am still going to try to get to the trouble I had with the 426 and put it back in the car.This car is really fun and boy does it roll!

There ya go!   :2thumbs:  Now, take a breath, sit back, and think of how you almost gave up.  Is that experience that you had when you had the car out worth keeping it?  Im really happy for you that things came together and the people here could help out where we could.  Its really nice to still have you around! :cheers:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

wingcarenvy

Well, somehow I missed this thread. Heart breaking at first and inspirational at the end. What an amazing story. I am glad you didn't get killed when it took off on you and that you were able to persevere and rebuild it to its original glory. As for the rims, not my cup of tea but it does look good and its your baby, do what makes you happy. Very awesome to see it all together again.

I 2 quick stories to tell you about. First was a customers brand new Camaro in the early nineties. I came back from a road test and pulled up the hand brake and left it in first. Well a few minutes later I came out of the office and its gone! It was a few hundred feet down the hill parked into a mid 80s El Camino!

Second story is about a beautifully restored 68 Camaro that my buddy and spent 3 years restoring. A few weeks before his wedding (he was going to drive it at his wedding) we changed out the cam and heads for bigger badder stuff. We did some brake work at the same time and hadn't fully finished the brakes when we decided to break in the cam. As its running at 2000 rpm it seemed sluggish. Right about the time I said lets shut it off and see whats wrong it took off with my buddy in the car. Of course with about 600 HP it took off with a furry and went about 10 feet right into a lifted Chevy truck. It smashed the tail panel up into the rear window! Turns out the transbrake solenoid was bad and in the on position. The trans brake solenoid engages reverse and it eventually broke the park pin. Well my buddies room mate is an awesome body guy and had it pulled and fixed in two weeks. We all pitched in and worked long nights to get it fixed.

dreamcatcher

There ya go!   :2thumbs:  Now, take a breath, sit back, and think of how you almost gave up.  Is that experience that you had when you had the car out worth keeping it?  Im really happy for you that things came together and the people here could help out where we could.  Its really nice to still have you around! :cheers:
[/quote]

[Thanks kind of like the song...with a little help from my friends.Pretty cool cars here...and even cooler people!