News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My (Now Not So) fairwell post

Started by dreamcatcher, February 07, 2011, 02:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamcatcher

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on November 12, 2011, 07:27:30 PM
I'm glad to hear your having fun with your car and are well past the issues that seems to plagued you for so long.

Have you had the chance to show it off any any car shows yet?

What are your future plans?

-Steve
Steve,
One show right here at the end of the season.Turned out to be embarrassing..I lost to a 77 pinto  :RantExplode: I guess not everyone enjoys a wing car.I was in a stock class 70 -80.There was a ford pinto there all original with 20000 miles on it that took the class  :eek2: It would be down right funny if it wasn't so ridiculous  :shruggy: We will get them next year!I plan to drive the wheels off her!
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

nvrbdn

a pinto :smilielol: ...........nuf said..................a pinto :rotz: i understand any real survivor low miledge car is cool, but better? :eek2:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

dreamcatcher

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 14, 2011, 11:21:25 AM
a pinto :smilielol: ...........nuf said..................a pinto :rotz: i understand any real survivor low miledge car is cool, but better? :eek2:
Yeah I know...really sad...and the hardest part is my wife gives me a hard time about it.She hates Christine because of the trouble and the more than once she tried to take me out lol...And to top it off she of corse won in her class  :slap: and calles me a big looser to a pinto(I didnt even know there were any left)  :brickwall: Of corse I have to point out I built her truck too... :hah:
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

ChgrSteve67

Don't let the show judging get to you.
You never know what directon judges will go or how they are going to feel on any given day. Not to mention what the judging criteria is for the class you enter your car in.

I usually put my Charger in modified since there is not much that is origional and get told I should be in the stock class. This year I was placed in the 60's stock class by the club members putting on the show and I won the class. Crazy.

Some shows spell out the number of items you can change and still be considered stock.

Generally you will find that judges do not know what they are looking at but judge based on what they like today.
If judges don't like modern rims on old cars your SOL. Just be ready to accept it.

I'm sure you will win a ton of awards.

Enjoy your ride, I enjoy mine and don't care if I ever win an award. But I am grateful when I do.
-Steve

hotrod98

My Superbird got beat out at a car show in Hot Springs by a fully customized Pinto last year...in front of all of my friends.

Long ride home.  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

cdr

this is part of my 68 chargers history from a previous owner  I can give you the history of the car back to about 1974/75. A friend of mine (Dennis Lindsey) always had his eye out for Chargers and saw it sitting in a storage lot in Oklahoma City. He ran down the owner through motor vehicle registration and bought the car. He was working on it in the driveway one day and had it up on ramps and engine running when it slipped into reverse and shot out the driveway locking the wheels in a turn when it hit the driveway dip. Car was in a reverse turn with the door open out in the street without a driver. Dennis tried diving in through the open door to stop it before it hit any of the neighbors cars or kids when his leg got underneath the rocker panel and he got dragged underneath. I don't remember now just how or who got it stopped but it mauled him up pretty good and got the label as the killer car. Needless to say it went up for sale after that.
thanx  charlie keel
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

dreamcatcher

The brand of car dont matter they can go into reverse with out help.My little sisters 2 year old boy was killed 25 years ago.A 79 LTD ford that had not been driven in days.It just went into reverse and rolled over him.It was not even running.I like to tell people these stories because THIS CAN HAPPEN! Dont let this happen to you.Chock your wheels especially on these older cars!I got off easy...really I did.I am ok and the car and building was fixed.But I didnt have to forever live thinking I killed someone.I am a lot more careful now when working around all cars running or not.When I park I try to turn the wheels so if the car rolls it will hit a curb or go away from everything.   :icon_smile_wink: Thanx

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

I see there was an updated article on Dons wrecked bird in the Wing warriors news letter

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ChgrSteve67

Do tell

Is the news letter online or can you post it?

Did he finally beat that pinto?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dreamcatcher

Stuart  :shruggy: What do you mean?I never seen the news letter.Christine is fine and ran great last time I drove her a couple months ago.She never even tried to kill me or anything  :smilielol: Sorry I didnt make Omaha to see you.My wife's mother went in the hospital so had to pass.

404NOTFOUND

I just saw this thread for the first time. Having just been in a big crash, I really feel for the owner. The back of that car looks like the front of mine. I'm glad he wasn't standing behind it. I'm sure the car will be restored one way or another.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

dreamcatcher

Yes I put it back together again,She is up and running and ready to kill again... :smilielol: