News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another dash restoration.

Started by ylw69, February 07, 2011, 11:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ylw69

Hello Gentlemen, What a great site.I've been reading for a week straight trying to get caught up on all the info. this site has to offer. im currently doing an everything under dash resto. im tired of not being able to enjoy charger because of wirering problems. I knew both ammeter wires were repaired as usual but once I got into it, all other wiring is in really good shape. I am going to connect the amp. wires ,as discussed in a link and have amp. guage converted to volt guage. The bulkhead is in good shape. My question is what can I clean it and all other connections for that matter,with? B5blue mentioned something about salt and viniger? It is still in car. I've heard of people putting it in dishwasher. What do I not want to use? Are their any new bulbs, for dash that are any brighter? I would like it to light up like a x-mas tree! Especialy after all this money and time. But it is the coolest body style ever and worth it. I think I have everything found except a/c control buttons and center vents for an air car. Again in an earlier discussion B5blue mentioned having 2 nos? Anyideas on where to purchace?  I've been everywhere on internet. One last question. Best dash paint, pad and metal? Once I get dash back together,I,ll adress alt. andheadlight relay. I dont want to have to many loose ends all at one. Cant wait till spring. Thanks.

WHITE AND RED 69

here are the bulbs that I used on mine and they are nice and bright.  :cheers:  Only problem is they do not dim.

http://www.ledlight.com/t10-wedge-5-ultra-bright-smt-led-light.aspx

http://www.ledlight.com/ba9s-6-led-light.aspx
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

FLG

Are those blue bulbs or white?

Why do they not dim?? LED's are made to be dim-able.

Cooter

LED's work off such little voltage that by the time you have the dimmer down far enough, they simply go off rather than dim....IMO, who cares if they dim or not, as a couple of  reasons one installs LED's is the fact that the originals must not have been bright enough and didn't last as long..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: FLG on February 08, 2011, 03:08:54 AM
Are those blue bulbs or white?

The bulb color is called Super white. I thought about removing the blue bulb covers in the dash but actually like the way they turned out.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

BubbaDuke

Lets Ride....

TXcharger70

has anyone used those bulbs for there taillights or turn signals

ylw69

Thanks for info. on bulbs, thats what I'm talking about!!!!! I bet that guage set up looks sweet with red int. I've seen that white red combo acouple of times and its one of my favorites. Inever dim the lights anyway.

gettingstarted

:2thumbs:

did you use these type bulbs for signal lights as well

4aThrill

did you use them on the blinkers too  :popcrn:

WHITE AND RED 69

Here are the parking lamps that I used. They worked fine for a while but one day just started blinking together so I took them out for now. I'm planning on getting new ones in soon.

http://www.ledlight.com/s25-24-led-light.aspx

I might try these ones to see what they are like:
http://www.ledlight.com/s25-32-led-light.aspx

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

4aThrill

I was talking about the lights inside your dash blinker lights did you use the same LED lights for them too?  :2thumbs:

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: 4aThrill on March 01, 2011, 06:32:49 PM
I was talking about the lights inside your dash blinker lights did you use the same LED lights for them too?  :2thumbs:

Sorry about that. Yes, I did use the same leds for the turn signal bulbs.   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

4aThrill