News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Export plaque

Started by 06Daytona, February 08, 2011, 10:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

06Daytona

I just bought a 1972 Charger as a project and it's an I code car. There's a small plaque/tag screwed to the front of the radiator support that I'm yold is a tag they put on export cars built in the U.S. I've googled everything I can think of in order to get a pic so I know what it's supposed to have printed on it. All I can read right now is 'Dodge Made in the U.S.A'. I have a pic of it, but it's not a very good one. Once I get the car home I'll try to get a better pic and clean it up a little to see if I can read more. I'd like to restore the tag because I think it's pretty cool and the rest of the car is surprisingly unmolested for a car in Puerto Rico. It still has all the hubcaps, original jack and spare, interior parts and all the bits under the hood. It even has a few of the grease pencil marks from the factory. It even has the owners manual still in the plastic sleeve.

68X426

Your tag is simply awesome. I'd consider removing and preserving it under glass in a display.

Here's where you can get a repro: http://performancecargraphics.com/

They state they are authorized/approved by Chrysler.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

06Daytona

That's awesome thanks. I thought it was so cool that it had lasted all this time without someone taking it as a souvenir that it deserved a restoration, but if I can get a repro and keep the original the way I found it that would be even better.