News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dartona & pics of wing cars not factory base PLEASE POST PICS

Started by djcarguy, February 10, 2011, 02:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

should  some,???one, anyone make wings and nose kits for darts???

tottally
0 (0%)
yea
0 (0%)
maybe
0 (0%)
fur sure-dude
0 (0%)
darters only
0 (0%)
 none of  ABOVE,HAHAHA
2 (25%)
 charger 4 DOORS,
0 (0%)
none of above
4 (50%)
hell why not
1 (12.5%)
hello an hell  yes
0 (0%)
poll has been hacked,lol
0 (0%)
my poll my changes,ha ha
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I actually had two words spring instantly to mind but I know Troy will get mad at me for posting one of them.

petercharger

Ok if you want to make an unusual wing car then why not use a amc matador...its got the side view...round the front nose and replace the back tail lights with something more moparish... :smilielol:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

djcarguy

WANTED TO BUY,,,DAYTONA OR SUPERBIRD GLASS NOSE CONE,,,PM ANY INFO,,THANKS.....  LOOKING FOR REPAIRABLE OR NOT NEEDED OR NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOUR CAR OR CLONE, GLASS NOSE,AS I WILL HAVE TO MODIFY IT.
   PM OR,,      CAN EEE PICS TO EEE INFO IN PROFILE,THANKS.   DARTONA PROJECT,DJ IN OREGON

djcarguy

:popcrn: :2thumbs:   Still looking for a nose cone,,to modify to my dartona project???         No intent with caps above,was not yelling in my world of never texting,was only trying to hilight or bold type want add.

Well thanks for looking at thread ,any info on a fixable nose would be helpful .thanks for the pics of non factory wing cars.  enjoy seeing personal creations and custom rides. enjoy the old mopars and drive safe out there.dj

can pm or eee info in profile,,,,,thanks

Aero426

From the fertile mind of Steve Mirabelli comes this doodling of a 1965 Chevy wing car. 

moparstuart

XS29LA47V21

I have seen this several other times on ebay and refrained from posting, finally came around.  I am coming around on the modern Challengers (finally), but this... a new Challenger with a daytona wing.................. really  :smilielol: :smilielol: :eek2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/12-DODGE-CHALLENGER-R-T-DAYTONA-SPOILER-LEATHER-free-delivery-airfare-kindle-/330694348677?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4cfeeb4f85

djcarguy

Quote from: moparstuart on March 03, 2012, 07:09:44 PM
:popcrn:

thanks for posting my 67 belvedereII WITH GTX TRIM AND SUPERBEE TWIN SCOOPS,340 ,4SPD,SURE GRIP,,,,HAHA  NOT STOCK....sorry bout caps ..pic was one of the times i raced at woodburn drags,OR........    why did pic post so small???   still have rag top in garage and a correct year 440 to put in it.  latter dj

moparstuart

:shruggy:  nice tube support  :smilielol:

Ghoste

Thats to brace it against side loads during high g cornering.

pettybird

best clone yet--that's a 24 Hours of LeMons car.  fools actually race that thing!

Aero426

Are the front wheels off a Ford Probe or something like that?

pettybird

standard on the '93 Cobra R, optional on 94-95 mustang GT, 96-97 base.  17x8 wheels, and they're dirt cheap.

pettybird

I'm not sure why Ford was obsessed with three spoke wheels in the '90's, but they weren't alone.  Olds ran them, too.

djcarguy

WHY WONT RED TOPLESS PIC TRANSFER?
[/quote]

Why is this picture so important?   :shruggy:

[/quote]         WHY IS IT IMPORTANT??? SAW IST WING WONDER 40 YEARS AGO???  ALLMOST GOT A SUPERBIRD EARLY 80ES,30 YEARS AGO????  NOW DISABLED AND FIXED INCOME ,,,NEVER TO GET A REAL ONE OR CLONE????   ..THANKS.  EVEN THIS TOY IS ON HOLD  ?????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BYE
[/quote]

djcarguy

Went by welby's and saw a wing cars stack,, project daytona with a superbird on lift above it..wing stack awesum and me no camera,,damm.. was great seeing them wing cars and  :drool5: :drool5:lots of other mopars..thanks guys...bye :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :o :o ;)

djcarguy

WELL,new nose arrived saturday,haha.  but not for the dartona project?  my first gran baby,a girl was born.after long labor they did emergency c section and mom and baby all seem to be recovering well.son in law is a exhausted,nervus wreck,lol. i was up all friday night worried and praying for them,as my girl is a small gal and baby bump was goooooood sized.
      well iam now a granpaw and have to bee or learn to bee a nice,jolly old granpaw at 52,hhahaha.
      score is 3 kids and 1  :granbaby,, :2thumbs: :2thumbs:,but who is keeping score.hahaha

i know not areo related,,but related and important to me,and happy granpa felt like sharing the news..well have a great sunday ta all pops and granpops out there.will see girls and son in law on sunday. :drool5: ;) :o :angel: :yesnod:   lattter  granpaw DJ :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

cdr

Quote from: djcarguy on May 20, 2012, 04:17:36 AM
    WELL,new nose arrived saturday,haha.  but not for the dartona project?  my first gran baby,a girl was born.after long labor they did emergency c section and mom and baby all seem to be recovering well.son in law is a exhausted,nervus wreck,lol. i was up all friday night worried and praying for them,as my girl is a small gal and baby bump was goooooood sized.
      well iam now a granpaw and have to bee or learn to bee a nice,jolly old granpaw at 52,hhahaha.
      score is 3 kids and 1  :granbaby,, :2thumbs: :2thumbs:,but who is keeping score.hahaha

i know not areo related,,but related and important to me,and happy granpa felt like sharing the news..well have a great sunday ta all pops and granpops out there.will see girls and son in law on sunday. :drool5: ;) :o :angel: :yesnod:   lattter  granpaw DJ :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:
very cool,i have found that being a grandpaw is way better than being paw,i have 4 grandchillins,just wind'em up & send them home to terrorize their parents,ahh revenge is sweet :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

djcarguy

Wish happy fathers day and granpaw day too. my first granbaby girl is a month old now ,,  have a goood one ta ya alls,, :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs:  take care and drive safe out there..granpaw DJ ;) :angel: ;)

djcarguy

well anyone have pics of a 70es challenger wing, wing and nose mods????   i have found a 73 chally with nose damage,got hit by ahole on his quad. has a savable rt hood and fenders useable with some kind of nose cone made to cover or replace few inches each side. is a 318,3spd stick, plain jane some rust in rear.i have a 4spd o.d and 83/4 rear to put in and am drawing up tona mods.
     title and more rust issuses in dart may be the death of my dartona dream?? also looking at a 70 charger shell but it is lot more money and less complete,does have front sheet metal and solid floor. but rust and damage to rear and one quarter needs replaced.

well any pics helpful.have only seen wing and nose mods on the new one,,anyone seen mods to old challangers?????? :popcrn: :popcrn:  :scratchchin: :2thumbs:thanks   DJ :scratchchin: :shruggy:

djcarguy

72 CHARGER,318 auto bench no vinyl top base grany car  .little surface rust and few pinholes in trunk floor.  from looking at it ,its original except 4 barrel setup a different color hood with a 6 pack scoop and and cheap trunk wing.duel glass packs and old chrome modular wheels. only part missing or not on it is rear end,no biggy sure it was a lite duty. put money on it saturday and get it in afew weeks,when it gets doug out of back of the shop.
     a friend bought all 5 cars and  loads of engines,trannies and few axles from the widow. got lots of new and used intakes and cabinet full of carbs. the old owner did carb and head work for years. everything has just sat there for years.   others cars are 2 64 furys and 71 an 72 3rd gen ,1 is 4spd other auto  ,but not sure on engines.

well the sunny is out so have ta clean up and make some room for new toy and pull  8 3/4 off my trailer and stuff a sure grip punkin in it. will use my 15 8 1/2 slots on back.if needed finish the 40 over 318 on stand and get it running. stuff is still hiding out there,glad this was in side and dry.latter dj

Ghoste