News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dartona & pics of wing cars not factory base PLEASE POST PICS

Started by djcarguy, February 10, 2011, 02:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

should  some,???one, anyone make wings and nose kits for darts???

tottally
0 (0%)
yea
0 (0%)
maybe
0 (0%)
fur sure-dude
0 (0%)
darters only
0 (0%)
 none of  ABOVE,HAHAHA
2 (25%)
 charger 4 DOORS,
0 (0%)
none of above
4 (50%)
hell why not
1 (12.5%)
hello an hell  yes
0 (0%)
poll has been hacked,lol
0 (0%)
my poll my changes,ha ha
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

DonC1

Dj - take a look at Big Willie's Gen3 ' tona....might be right up our alley.
I like the above Dartona concept myself - clones will never be dead in the water.

djcarguy

Dj - take a look at Big Willie's Gen3 ' tona....might be right up our alley.
I like the above Dartona concept myself - clones will never be dead in the water.

======================================================================================     hey  don ,,gen 3--------tona ? i really like the idea,too . but  DAYCLONA is the only ones i find that make a nose and wing,for 3GENS??   any one else making 3 gen wing parts or gearing up to make them??

don , was that a slip or hint,   GEN3'tona...  might be right up our  or your alley???????  i still want a topless,DARTONA and may have another body with clear title lined up ,with very little rust. but the roof is too nice to cut off of it,non vinyl car.
  talked to friend bout the 3rd gen tonite and looks like he has a deal to store them where they are till next spring. least it will be inside and dry. basicly its wait or get my down back as its blocked in by his chargers and lots of parts.

limelightsuperbird528

I think the red dart superbird looks like a natural. Looks more like a superbird, most people wouldn't know the difference. The body lines work good, even the roof, except the tailights. No other car made into a bird would look as good as that one . Looks more real than that new challenger hybrid thing, it dosent even look close. Why would they make the nosecone V shaped? Thats a great reason to build a dart. I would make the convertible dart superbird if I already had the car. So many ideas flying thru my head about what you could do. I have built many cars and thats all I'm saying.

djcarguy

Wanted Superbird nose,for my Dartona project...  well plan is to get a new nose in spring . if i dont find a used or repairable nose.  kid support is finally over in january,he will be 21 and done,,,,finally after 13 years of paying.

well going ahead with my dartona dream and looking for a better body too. tomorrow i go look at a 68 \6 dart,65 cuda and 76 dodge pu. have a shot at a 74 dart too have to see how bad it got hit in front end,but was very nice garage kept and cared for,with a clear title.

anyone looking for rampage or front drive ragtops,a friend has a bunch and may have ta sell and move.

yes the DARTONA dream lives on and is the one that seems to fit my taste and dream for a wing toy. dj

djcarguy

DINASORASSES ARE NOT ALL DEAD AS REPORTED TO BEE///// I know a guy and his son who would buy up all kinds of mopars ,met them in 87. they had rr-chargers- cudas-challengers and swingers and dusters and dart sports and 1 hang ten car . a barn full of engines and sheet metal and attic full of seats and glass.well the barn caved in from snow and ice,and most of parts were smashed and throw away.  they would strip a car to bare shell AND get it painted and never put inside or back together.
 well he sold some cudas and rr and bee bodies for top dollar ,and wantED a arm and leg for everything after that. last few years no sales and hes getting older. few weeks ago i called again to see how thier doing and catch up.

ask about a low miles 74-76 dart brougham,maroon with black top n seats.it was aways garaged but got bent. needed bumper,grill ,FENDER and left control arms. also a scamp and \6 dart he had dusters n satellites.WELL HE SAYS SOLD FOR ScRAP NO ONE WAS OFFERING ENOUGH SO HE SCRAPED 20 SOME CARS AND  10 70ES DODGE PICKUPS,SHORT BOX 2 N 4 WHEEL.
                    :'(:RantExplode: :brickwall: I WAS TOLD THESE OLD DINASORASSES WERE DEAD N   GONE.BUT THERE STILL ALIVE DESTROYING MOPARS..WHY SCRAP EM?????                                      ??? :brickwall: :RantExplode: :'( :'( :RantExplode:----OVER FOR NOW??? :eek2:

djcarguy

FEW MONTHS BACK I RAN INTO AGUY I KNEW 20 YRS AGO IN MOPAR CLUB,AT HOME TOWN BUFFET. GOT HIS NUMBER AND TALKED FEW TIME,ON PNONE. HE HAS BEEN OUT OF WORK AND HAS ARHRITOUS IN BACK AN HIPS,ONLY 47 AND NO ONE WILL HIRE HIM.SAID HE MAY SELL OFF MOST OF HIS MOPARS AND HIS 22ACERS IN COUNTRY.

WELL I KNEW HE HAD 68N69 CHARGERS AND CHALLENGERS AND COPS CARS AND SOME A BODY,DARTS AND 67-69 CUDAS.  WE TALK AND I WENT MONTHS AGO TA SEE WHAT ALL HE MIGHT SELL.NO GARAGE ,LOTS OF TRAPS TO THE GROUND AND SWEATY RUSTY CARS.  ONLY GAVE ME A PRICE ON 2 TRUCKS 76 RED 3/4 WITH PERFECT GRILL AND CARB FROM OUT OF A SWAMP AND A 84 DODGE 1TON THAT HASNT BEEN ON PAVEMENT FOR 10 YEARS. WELL I WANTED A 67 DART AND 68 CUDA FASTBACK MAYBE A 74 DART BUT .NOT READY TO SET PRICE OR LET THEM GO. NOW THAT IT IS POURING RAIN AND NO WAY TO GET CARS UP OUT OF HIS BACK YARD HE IS IN BIG PUSH TO SELL THEM OR HE WILL START SELLING FOR SCRAP???

I JUST DONT GET THE WAIT AND PANIC AND SELL FOR SCRAP THING?? LOOKS LIKE I WILL BUY 2 TRUCK FOR 500 EACH ,LONG AS HE AGREES TO LET ME PICKUP THEM IN SPRING. BOTH NEAR PREFECT BODYS AND I SURE DONT WANT TO HAVE TO WINCH THEM UP HIS STEEP GRASS BACK YARD AND RISK TOTALLY THEM AND ALL HIS OTHER CAR HE HAS JAMMED IN THAT YARD.MAY BUY  MOTORHOME TO HAS 440 HP FOR 400,WHERE CAN I DUMP THE SHELL?? IF I HAD THE BUCKS I WOULD BUY THE WHOLE PLACE AND BUILD A BIG SHOP.DJ

JB400

Do you have a local scrapper that runs around?  He'd either buy it, or break it down and split the profit with you.  Your only other option is just a crap shoot; maybe someone with an RV would want it.

djcarguy

Well still here,hangin by a thread bearly able too keep my wing dream alive.  in feb.i found a nose cone ,but long distance and trying to do a deal over email fell apart.  in may i got to see a daytona and superbird and take measurements and handle and trace mounting face outlines of daytona nose.
    well the daytona  and bird visit and encounter  twistted  my brain and plans. so for months now i have been stressing and  dreaming,looking for a 68-70 charger and or 68-70 satellite,roadrunner. to build a nascar wing car,closer to a real wing car than my dart could ever bee. in july a nose came up on ebay,i signed up and was bout to do pay pal,when orange nose suddenly had 2 bidders and higher than i felt it was worth .so i went back to 68 -70 body hunt and figured i wood just buy a new nose after i found a b body for my wing dream..
     well lots of stress and cars with rust or crash damage and too far away,an crazy asking prices.  late august my knee blew out ,i fell in bathroom smashed shoulder into door frame and ribs on counter edge. that layed me up for weeks ,then i did a little yard work which aggrevated my back and ribs. so end of summer and in pain and not much progress an any project for 2012. i slid into a depression again, worked on dart some it would not even start,bout sent it to the wrecking yard .
        well really trying to hold on as kid support is over in january and i am going back to doctor and start fighting the depression again. which will mean doc bills and expensive meds, and the damn side effects and addjusting to the way meds work an make me feel.last meds were the worst ever so ,back to being aginny pig and side effects.

:2thumbs: :cheers: WISH HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND BETTER NEW YEAR TO YA ALLS.HOPING FOR A BETTER 2013,HAHAHA,,,HOHOHO,HOOO :cheers:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :cheers: :P :-\ :scratchchin: :eyes:  BYE DJ ???

doctor4766

Merry Christmas DJ from the ass end of the world.
Keep your dream alive mate  :2thumbs:
Gotta love a '69

djcarguy

aFTER 2 WEEKS OF CALLING THE DISTRICT ATTORNY AND THE DAMN CHILD SUPport asses in salem getting the half hour auto menus.press the star key if you are about to explode,an all that crap.    my favorite was the all our case workers are busy at the momount,,,,no its not please hold,itsFRIKEN CALL BACK LATER AND THEY DISCONNECT YOU, :brickwall: :brickwall: :RantExplode: :RantExplode: .

WELL TODAY I GOT THE LETTER they have officially stopped taking my money out of my disablity before i get it and in 60 days will close the kid support case.  finally after 13 yrs,,,looks like i am free from paying the bitch..

Well my new year plan is to contact don in canada an order 2 bird noses. 1 for dartona topless an 1 for a dartona with  rear roof and sail panel mods an shortten trunk lid. both will have flip gas caps an hood pins.just got extra set of doors and superbee buddy an i will cut and make some charger sytle door indents.will be deeper and longer,maybe left open to exhaust air from fender. this is some of the plans an dreams.hoping for a good year.dj  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

mauve66

dj, make sure you look in the thread that nascarXX29 posted, several not-quite-superbirds in that thread, some look ok and some.......................... :eek2: but all showed some imagination and lots of work

i never heard about the FK5 color but i remember a magazine article about a Rootbeer colored superbird, or maybe it was just a reg RR??  i thought the color look fine

was anything else painted FK5?? with my monitor it looks similar to the modern mango on the 05 ram daytona
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

djcarguy

djcarguy

Totally shocked to nite ,got a thick letter from some lawyer in portland,or. got it in mail bout 11pm and was not going to open it till morning ,hoped for a good nite sleep.my guess it was bad or sad from a lawyer bout my aunt Ruth that passed mid january,it was copy of will an legal papers. more bout my aunt who liked an had some neat cars on the depression thread.she had 65 stang new--66 dart--67 cougar--71 fury all 2dr ,afew newer ones.

just after xmas i talked to her for a hour ,we talked summer plans and her getting better an come down as iam few hours away for a ride in my 67 ragtop and put some color in her cheeks on her way to my moms her sister.bout kid turning 21 an support ending, bout have too do new roof on house as some blew off and its old. asked how she was ,sounded tired  said she was good an may be down in june for that ride. she knew at xmas cancer had gone to lungs ,only told aunt jeanie and uncle denny her bother who were taking care of her . wont let them tell anyone till after the holidays. asked bout seeing her on my way north to washington,she said wait an see her when she is better an back at her house in afew months. Well she passed few weeks later in mid january.   sure will miss my funny,aunt, that loved old cars.she use to kid she was going so fast in her dodge shadow that the paint blew off the hood an roof.ha ha she was mid 70es and said she wood make it too 100.  rip to agreat and fun lady.  :angel:

djcarguy

still alive and dreaming. working on my wing ,but will bee longer now too order a nose. got kid support ended and did some math on what i owe.  had too pay  4k on property tax by may 15 ,to avoid tax foreclosure.

have been getting offers on a few of my rigs,no cash yet but few look too bee headed to new homes. an waiting to see what i get from my aunts estate.they have to sell 2 places she owned and stocks?

well finally getting some good sunny days here. have a new clutch an parts for my 67 belv ragtop to get it going for the summer.       later :2thumbs: :cheers:

JB400

djcarguy

saw Danes awesum new blue hemi Daytona june 1st at function in junction city ,OR. was 4 chargers out there,danes Daytona :drool5: ,a black 70 rt,a red 69 rt and a yellow 3rd gen with bb an 6 pack..   saw 6 hemis 4 in mopars,2 in street rods 1 a 426 an other earlyer hemi . :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

saw lots of mopars, :drool5: a,b,e bodies. was 380 some cars  :drool5: at show an shine,was a great day and some sun burn .   tired an got too go to sleep.latter dj :2thumbs:

djcarguy

:icon_smile_question:  :shruggy: Help with info ,need where or who  drill templet wing base studs??? what ,where wing gasket for the daytona  wing mounting  base is???   ??? or wing gasket size an material to use???   :icon_smile_question:

have been offered--- :drool5: :2thumbs:----  I GOTTS THE WING IN MY LIVING ROOM-------- :drool5: :drool5: :D :2thumbs:a wing ,not sure if it will fit on dart as it has shorter an narrower quarter top.  info helpful and thanks in advance.    thanks  DJ :cheers: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

i drilled sides an blade an tapped blade. have a bare naked wing assembled in my living room. was going to set upright s on dart but it rained alot today, so i went to home town buffet.   hope too get info an drill wing base same as charger so it will fit right on if i get a charger down the road..

this dart is low budget and going to get wheel wells cut an maybee flared and twin indents cut into the doors. for now 5 spoke alloy mags 15 x 8.5 back 14 x6 front..  most likely bee flat black with white or red wing and stripe. do have a set of 15 x 8 steels to paint black or silver for a stock car look.  thanks for help an info ??   latter  dj :cheers: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

JB400

Sounds like a cool plan DJ.  Can't wait to see some progress pix :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

djcarguy

had both wing uprights  and flip open gas cap mocked up on the dart .so far cant bring myself to shorten the top blade.  talked to a old engineer friend that is now partners in two founderes he wants me to bring the wing in so they can maybe do a mold an work up a cost to cast some solid wings. sounds like they would want too do like 6 wings at a time.. anyone interested in solid wings for daytona or shortened blade wings for a dart???   hope too talk too dane sunday at woodburn show.

well time will tell what gets done  but for now i have a wing ,just have to get a car under it and running down the road. went to buy another dart but it sold before i got there.could of been out with the wing on the back running down the road..  well its late an early alarm ,so i can get to woodburn swap meet early.have a idea some special parts will bee for sale there,,a guy can dream cant he,,,,,,,,''   Superbird nose'' or Daytona nose'' i have a warm feeling...ha ha ha  lattter DJ :cheers:  :drool5: :2thumbs:  :drool5:  :cheers:

djcarguy

Well just got back from welbys.cleaned an aired up some old slots with slicks an got pixs with the dartona my trans-am and Toms Daytona at welbys.  they took pixs an will bee up too them to post on graveyard tona thread,so look for those ???

now the slicks are safe back in my living room--mancave house,the whole house is MINE,,HAH HAH HA. NO ONE saying NO not there in my cave....

off too watch truck race on dirt an drink all the soda i want..  have a great day,ya mopar addicts.. :cheers: :cheers: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :cheers: :cheers:

djcarguy

Sold my 73 charger few weeks ago to buy a 73 dart v8 auto with ac,4 barrel an cragers with nice guts an sound system. but when i finally got hold of dart owner it was sold.plan was to mount wing an bee on the road this summer.

so i have been looking for another one. have been cleaning up my topless dart an fixing some wiring an stuff. i have a 66 coronet ragtop windshield frame an chrome trim that iam seeing what may fit on my dart .  
    well think i have 2 other rigs sold too ,said they will call an pickup this week with cash.but have heard these storys before ,have to wait an hope they show with cash. 1 van is ready for the final ride to the big melting pot,its a 85 dodge van.  
       well will watch nascar  race sunday an relax, over did it last weekend friday,sat an sunday car stuff an lots of walking at show here an at woodburn drag strip.   have a good sunday,lattter.DJ   :cheers: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

talked too guy bout casting some solid wings. plan to do top blade longer to fit the first gens and then they can bee cut to fit darts or other b bodies?

well he says to try an get some orders an they could cast some in thier slow time of dec an january.will get me a cost and details next month as real busy with orders now.  any 1st gen an dart guys reading this please pm me. i want 1or 2 more wings for my stuff. now if my kids pay me back maybee i can s-wing it,,,,hahahah...

off to doc today to get poked  :2thumbs: :eek2: an examined   :o :2thumbs: ,an meds check-up.....have a good of day as possible  :icon_smile_dissapprove: :'( :eek2: :D

mauve66

they would have to make the bolt hole for the horizontal bar pretty deep to be long enough to cut the bar down to Dart width.
if i remember right i added about 3 inches to Danes' wing, but still not entirely satisfied with the end result so far.  May play with the quarter panel some also
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment