News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dartona & pics of wing cars not factory base PLEASE POST PICS

Started by djcarguy, February 10, 2011, 02:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

should  some,???one, anyone make wings and nose kits for darts???

tottally
0 (0%)
yea
0 (0%)
maybe
0 (0%)
fur sure-dude
0 (0%)
darters only
0 (0%)
 none of  ABOVE,HAHAHA
2 (25%)
 charger 4 DOORS,
0 (0%)
none of above
4 (50%)
hell why not
1 (12.5%)
hello an hell  yes
0 (0%)
poll has been hacked,lol
0 (0%)
my poll my changes,ha ha
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Stevearino

Quote from: mauve66 on August 08, 2013, 02:05:52 PM
they would have to make the bolt hole for the horizontal bar pretty deep to be long enough to cut the bar down to Dart width.
if i remember right i added about 3 inches to Danes' wing, but still not entirely satisfied with the end result so far.  May play with the quarter panel some also
Are you planning a nose for the 66 ?

mauve66

no, not making a Daytona, i just like the wing and i like the 1st Gen grill WAY better that anything later on (except maybe a 72 RR)
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

A383Wing

found these on another site...sorry if they are re-posts

JB400

pettybird

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on August 24, 2013, 11:45:03 PM
Yellow one looks the best.  :2thumbs:

...in a "least horrible and abortionlike" contest.

But not by much.

djcarguy

1000 post.took me almost 3 years an 93 days of my life on this great site DC.com  .   just popped my first time ever 1000 post  cherry on any site.   where is my cake an ice cream,lol...well just had oat meal with apples an sherbert in it too kick the party off right,,ya know healthy like,,woohooo. :icon_smile_tongue: :rofl: :smilielol:

OK ,thanks 383 wing for new pixs. i like the yellow sattillite bird best.  an wonder if furiesbird wood look lots better with rear raised an front lowered alittle and some ralleys or great set of big an little mags an tires,an but stripe or plymouth on quarters.defenitly get rid of the small red wheels an tires an 68 valient caps.

as for 3rd pic it was posted then disappeared,thank goodness,haha? maybee new paint an mags could help it out some.     

Thanks to all for good an helpful post an pixs guys. i have a solid daytona wing an plan to order a birdnose..DJ  the wing dreamer   :cheers: :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :Twocents:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

A383Wing

that one's just down the road from me...maybe 5 miles at the most

JB400

A383Wing

Found this one...I posted it in another thread..but I'll post it here in this one as well

Bryan

pettybird

Well.

That one wraps so far around the weird scale that it's almost interesting.

djcarguy

That looks like Mad Max family truckster wagon ,with a daytona nose,hood an tona strip an mini wing added.have the old movie will get it out an look.   towards the end before he goes on killing spree in the supercharged black falcon cop car..  :flame:  :RantExplode: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

100 DAYS OF MY LIFE ON HERE,THINK WHAT I MAY HAVE GOT DONE???? THE LAST 3 YRS??

WAS EASING UP ON 100 DAYS ON SITE,, THEN GOT SIDE TRACKED ON EBAY DAYTONA CLONE AND MISSED IT TURN     --------1OO-----DAYS  OH WELL NOW FOR A 1000 DAYS,BULL.

WELL OH CRAP SORRY------C---A--P--S   was watching ebaggy project Daytona only 100 miles away an parts 70 and all that ,,,oh well story of life wrong day an time,,dollar short an all that .
       did senD eee to get ball rolling on buying a nose,before clone popped up so close to home an affordable except i allready put out over 10 k this year on taxes and card payment,, who needs a house if ya got a daytona to live in ,,,right,lol  :'( :'( :'(. well maybee 2015 will bee my year,hahaha should bee paid off and living on easy street,, yeah right broke on easy skid street,hahaha...  it will all beeeee beeetttterr next yr,,,MAYBEEE..latter DJ  :Twocents: :Twocents: :slap: :pity: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :drool5:dreaming :cheers: :D

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: djcarguy on October 19, 2013, 05:03:57 AM
100 DAYS OF MY LIFE ON HERE,THINK WHAT I MAY HAVE GOT DONE???? THE LAST 3 YRS??

WAS EASING UP ON 100 DAYS ON SITE,, THEN GOT SIDE TRACKED ON EBAY DAYTONA CLONE AND MISSED IT TURN     --------1OO-----DAYS  OH WELL NOW FOR A 1000 DAYS,BULL.

WELL OH CRAP SORRY------C---A--P--S   was watching ebaggy project Daytona only 100 miles away an parts 70 and all that ,,,oh well story of life wrong day an time,,dollar short an all that .
       did senD eee to get ball rolling on buying a nose,before clone popped up so close to home an affordable except i allready put out over 10 k this year on taxes and card payment,, who needs a house if ya got a daytona to live in ,,,right,lol  :'( :'( :'(. well maybee 2015 will bee my year,hahaha should bee paid off and living on easy street,, yeah right broke on easy skid street,hahaha...  it will all beeeee beeetttterr next yr,,,MAYBEEE..latter DJ  :Twocents: :Twocents: :slap: :pity: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :drool5:dreaming :cheers: :D

OK... ::)

Ummm... :scratchchin:

WHAT ? ? ?  :shruggy:

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on August 27, 2011, 02:31:48 AM
  2  Daytona's is what i saw at welby's shop tonite.was going by saw a yellow daytona went back,it was daytona guy. meet dane and saw a awsome car and then went in the shop and saw the project daytona .and like 15 other mopars  there,bout 23 blocks from my house to welbys shop.
      then to a small car show and 8 other mopars. best friday nite in years,so amped up want to work on my cars allnite........................wings sure get the blood flowing,thank god it is not a full moon too ,hahaha.. had to share or burst.dj
       thanks for pics of your winged 1 gen it is going to look great.all the best on your build.

THIS WAS AUG 2011 WHEN  TOMS  DAYTONA WAS STILL BLACK  AT GRAVEYARD CARS?? :cheers:

djcarguy

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Just got home from Graveyard cars, was standing drooling on the glas sides of the display trailer that Toms awesum red Daytona is in. trailer is full of small led lites all shining off that pretty red Tona.  went by there days ago but it was late an foggy an his Daytona still looked great from outside the fence,like 25 feet away with some fog was a neat image.
    mikes superbird was getting some body work an talked too josh bout some of the new awsum cars that have arrived.  sure was a good mood pick me up after paying bout 4 k in property tax today,, least iam finally up to date on taxes an broke till house refi goes thru?

on a mopar an protien high ,had to bribe myself with pay taxes an take self to home town buffet for pot roast an other treats..

sent eee to get a nose cone for my wing toy ,hoping it gets all set an here in the spring? well full belly is calling for a nap now i guess,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... later DJ :Twocents: :D :D

djcarguy

Just sent the ok on price for my christmas present to my self?/

JUST OKED BUY ON A NEW SUPERBIRD NOSE CONE :drool5:  :2thumbs::drool5:  :2thumbs: :drool5: :2thumbs:  WILL TAKE A WHILE AN DETAILS TO WORK OUT ON SHIPPING ?   BUT ON A  HAPPY STRESS HIGH RIGHT NOW.

Will get more info soon on shipping an time frame,shooting for end of feb.hope to get an hang on dart for my 55th b-day end of May. being a gemini wonder which personality of the 2 or more will bee an like it more,hahahah.??? ??? :drool5: :2thumbs:LATTER DARTONA DUDE DJ

JB400

A Superbird nose under the Christmas tree :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Looking forward to seeing this :popcrn: :popcrn:

tsmithae

Not to hijack the thread, but.... With DJ and a nose coming and Ken with a fuel tank coming, we should start a thread about Mopar presents under the tree.  :yesnod:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

JB400

Quote from: tsmithae on December 06, 2013, 10:38:27 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but.... With DJ and a nose coming and Ken with a fuel tank coming, we should start a thread about Mopar presents under the tree.  :yesnod:
A little closer to Christmas

djcarguy

wow my Dartona is sure a cool wing car toy. figure  it got 8 inch of snow right after the cover blue off of my topless dart an NOW has been froozzen  for days with little to no melt. Sun only hits my patio few hrs aday this time of yr an may have got up to 34 in direct sun friday for a few minutes but house blocked that afternoon sun from it. what little did melt frooze to the side of car as it ran down.  walked around it an went back in the house,even the glass door frooze shut..

my tona wing is safe an warm in the livlng room an the nose i ordered is still in the shop till it gets shipped .  we usually dont get hit with a week of freeeze till after X-mas,start of jan.  we may thaw next year i hope.  well off for a big 5 block drive in my 4x4 for all i can eat spaggitti an some car shows on comcast, if i make it..lattter DJ popcicle,, :Twocents: :drool5: :D :D

djcarguy

ASKING HELP INFO TO SHIP 69-70 '' LONG BIRD NOSE????????????????????????

GREYhound said buck a pound up to 72 '' long an will insur..

WHATS A GLASS BIRD NOSE WEIGH,JUST NOSE CONE,,LESS THAT 60-70 LBS?????????

PROBLEM BUS DOES NOT SEEM TO GO TO VANCOUVER ISLAND,SHUTTLE BOTH ENDS of ferry an dump people to walk on an off??  ferry $80 each way for cars?? i hear??  :shruggy:

Well more calling today bout shipping..any info guys????????

:shruggy: :icon_smile_question: :shruggy: :icon_smile_question: HAY ANYONE DRIVING CANADA TO MOPARS AT THE STRIPE IN SPRING WITH ROOM FOR NOSE CONE??? :shruggy: :icon_smile_question: HAVE BUCKS FOR GAS OR BIG BUCKS TO HAUL NOSE THEN ME TO MATS?????? :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :shruggy: :shruggy:   :2thumbs: :cheers:

djcarguy

Wow  have info of 18 ta 33 lbs for a bare bird nose???whats it weigh??

had lots of shipping info year ago cant find it now,with my memory loss think was basing ship on 70 lbs?/?

thanks info help ful,, bus was way cheaper but does not go too vancouver island,just a shuttle both ends of ferry make people walk on,,, freight??????????   cant get good answer an info???  thanks hate stress,like cut an clear plan an dollar amounts.. lattter DJ

Lighthorseman

Well, I'm pretty sure that it's oversized for the likes of Purolator, Fedex and UPS.  I had my nose shipped from Michigan to Alberta, and they had to send it on a truck, meaning that it also had to be in a shipping crate.  So, an 85 pound crate to ship a 20 pound nose, and I spent almost 400 bucks on shipping and import taxes.

I can weigh and measure my bare fiberglass nose if you like, DJ...