News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dartona & pics of wing cars not factory base PLEASE POST PICS

Started by djcarguy, February 10, 2011, 02:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

should  some,???one, anyone make wings and nose kits for darts???

tottally
0 (0%)
yea
0 (0%)
maybe
0 (0%)
fur sure-dude
0 (0%)
darters only
0 (0%)
 none of  ABOVE,HAHAHA
2 (25%)
 charger 4 DOORS,
0 (0%)
none of above
4 (50%)
hell why not
1 (12.5%)
hello an hell  yes
0 (0%)
poll has been hacked,lol
0 (0%)
my poll my changes,ha ha
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

djcarguy

MERRY CHRISTMAS AN HAPPY NEW YEAR,T o all dc.com members on the nice list,an lump of coal to the not so nice.HA HA HA   HO HO HO AN GOD BLESS US 1 AN ALL

All my best to a happy an healthy holiday season to ya all. looking forward to a great new year 2014 may it bring an bee a good one for all.

take care out there an bee good or very careful.lattter DJ a wing dreamer  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

\
    WHICH NOSECONE MAY FIT BEST AND LOOK BETTER. MODIFYED TO FIT A ----DARTTONA??????????

First i wanted a daytona nose then set mind on a bird nose  as available on west coast an not a gaint fan of the daytona grill on the leading edge of nose.. also plan to have air intake an lights under the nose to keep upper smooth an clean an hate the look of pop up bug eyed lites. may do lites on top but will bee fixed with drop dOwn lite doors..

bird nose has holes for air intake an lites under nose ,but is a inch longer an may stand tall,or over all bigger than tona nose..

\

Aero426

In my mind, it would be worth considering having a local fabricator make you a simple nose out of metal that would fit your car and weld to the fenders.       The Daytona noses are a little less curved in the sides.   But you still have the width of an A-body which I assume is less than a B-body.   If you buy a glass nose, you still have the sunk cost of the part and then more money to modify it to fit.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

djcarguy

*----top peak or outer edge of fender --to outer peak other fender---*

75 dart is --- 65''inches wide across in line with front of hood,at header

69 daytona nose steel i measured---  was 67'' wide  to outer corners

70 real superbird nose i measured----was  69'' wide  to outer corners,, tona an bird thanks to GYC-- mark

i sent payment for my f-glass  s-bird nose ,will narrow an fit to dart.  plan is for new nose to ship by end of feb.
  very thankful to bee getting a west coast bird nose from Don c1,, hes been helpful an supportive of my Dartona idea an great bout some delays as i paid few bills an got money an paypal pains to send him,,thanks to Don :cheers:

r4daytona

Interesting specs.  Thought there would have been more of difference.  Glad you're making progress. 

djcarguy

Got eee my bird nose is done,just have to ship now.. Got a set of 70 RR quarter scoops that just spent 30 + years on a superbird,still in great shape.

have my daytona repo wing in living room with qtr scoops waiting to bee fitted to my Dartona project.....

take care out there,,lattter DJ :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

BIRD NOSE will bee here in few days if shipping goes good.  as it will bee highly modified to fit my dart ,we went with making it in sections an shipping it in parts,saving  half the ship cost.

Well been reading up on working with fiberglass an studing an measuring the dart nose..

No one in town wants to work on it unless i hand over blank check an do not reguire a finish date??  sounds like a rip off in the making,,tooo mee??

well hopfully few days will have nose parts ?  have screw gun an duck tape ready to hang it on car..DJ :D :D

JB400

Just refilling my popcorn :popcrn: waiting for this nose to get here

DonC1

It was painful cutting the nosecone in sections however necessary since the cone will have to be narrowed anyways. I made a steel center section for dj - no charge - instead of 'glass with steel signal surrounds, that way the lower center will retain correct specs while the corners can be shortened....at least that's one way to tackle it...

djcarguy

THANKS TO DON C1  MY BIRD TONA NOSE IS HERE IN MY LIVING ROOM.. :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs:DJ

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: djcarguy on April 18, 2014, 05:36:11 PM
THANKS TO DON C1  MY BIRD TONA NOSE IS HERE IN MY LIVING ROOM.. :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs:DJ

Have you ever posted any pictures of this project ?  :scratchchin:

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

djcarguy

Got a 73 dart ht 318 auto today. great floors an trunk,few bubbles bottom of quarters. not vinyl top so will probably keep the roof an use this dart  for my dartona wing toy.

its late an up early to get dart off the trailer in the day lite an return trailer.took few pics,will mock up wing an get more pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,real film .. will get pics developed an sent to a member to post a few..lattter DJ :cheers:

djcarguy

Mocking wing an nose cone to 73 dart hardtop . have grill an off an bumper loose making aluminum frame brackets for nose. looks like this dart had a big block before from mods to right inner fender well. it has super stock rear leafs an enlarged rear wheel wells. had afew different sets of bucket seats an auto floor shifters from holes in floor.

well times to drill more holes an start mounting an fitting wing toy parts. have a running small block an 727 to put in it for now ,,an 2 440,727's to think on putting in . but darts can move pretty good with a built small block an easier fit an work around..   i need to get a digital cam an learn how to post pics..   DJ;;;;;;10 days to b-day got to get busy back latter?????????? :cheers: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

Quote from: DonC1 on April 11, 2014, 01:12:12 PM
It was painful cutting the nosecone in sections however necessary since the cone will have to be narrowed anyways. I made a steel center section for dj - no charge - instead of 'glass with steel signal surrounds, that way the lower center will retain correct specs while the corners can be shortened....at least that's one way to tackle it...

djcarguy

Top of nose was cut an shipped in to halfs right down the hood peak center. have top mocked an taped it place. drilled an screwed the metal turn signal surrounds to the metal center section. Made a wood fixture to hold the straight top of head lite openings in line with each other.  making custom Z braces out of fiberglass sheeting. making aluminum frame brackets an cross braces. lower corners are still a nitemare too bee worked out ,,soon i hope??   
HAVE A GOOD MEMORIAL WEEKEND,,LOTS OF RACING SUNDAY,,,INDY AN NASCAR///...... DJ :cheers: :2thumbs:

JB400

djcarguy

Found a 70 charger 500  built 383 with pistol grip 4 speed. running an driving b5 blue,nice inside.

little faded an few pin holes in pass door.   he said he turned down 10k few years ago but is ready to sell an may sell it for 10k now as he has other toy to play with.

so already got another dart an f250 tow rig in the last few months.few other bills paid off an now a solid daytona clone car comes up. have to deside to stick with dart project or go broke for this 70 charger 500.  love the pistol grip an buddy seat,bucket combo.

saw it at a small show an its not addvertised yet,so trying to sell few other toys an raise cash for a daytona clone start..   

did fall sunday an screwed up back an knee so not sure my body can handle much more of this car building.am sure i need to sell some an keep afew near done toy projects.  DJ dart junkie

nascarxx29

There was B5 70 Charger 500 383 4 speed near me with AC .Good find

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Stevearino

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on December 24, 2013, 02:07:08 PM
  MERRY CHRISTMAS AN HAPPY NEW YEAR,T o all dc.com members on the nice list,an lump of coal to the not so nice.HA HA HA   HO HO HO AN GOD BLESS US 1 AN ALL

All my best to a happy an healthy holiday season to ya all. looking forward to a great new year 2014 may it bring an bee a good one for all.

take care out there an bee good or very careful.lattter DJ a wing dreamer  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:

NOT GETTING the 70 charger, the owner is your basis blood sucking aswipe. soon as someone wants it at his price he jumps up another$5000.oh talked to people and it worth more now?????????$^&&((^%#@@ :flame:  :flame:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :RantExplode:

Nwcharger

Quote from: djcarguy on November 29, 2014, 05:32:50 AM

NOT GETTING the 70 charger, the owner is your basis blood sucking aswipe. soon as someone wants it at his price he jumps up another$5000.oh talked to people and it worth more now?????????$^&&((^%#@@ :flame:  :flame:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :RantExplode:

Sorry to hear that Dj. I have a 68 shell I may sell cheap. I'm starting to realize that I can't hoard all the cars forever. I may have a problem. I told myself no more mopars. Then literally 2 days later I buy another 69 charger.
1969 coronet wagon

djcarguy

take care out there an bee good or very careful.lattter DJ a wing dreamer  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :shruggy: :RantExplode: :D :D :D

Stevearino

Hey! Merry Christmas DJ. What kind of progress are you making on the Dartona? :popcrn: :popcrn: