News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dartona & pics of wing cars not factory base PLEASE POST PICS

Started by djcarguy, February 10, 2011, 02:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

should  some,???one, anyone make wings and nose kits for darts???

tottally
0 (0%)
yea
0 (0%)
maybe
0 (0%)
fur sure-dude
0 (0%)
darters only
0 (0%)
 none of  ABOVE,HAHAHA
2 (25%)
 charger 4 DOORS,
0 (0%)
none of above
4 (50%)
hell why not
1 (12.5%)
hello an hell  yes
0 (0%)
poll has been hacked,lol
0 (0%)
my poll my changes,ha ha
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Brock Samson

Well good luck with that... but my personal opinion is a Daroo clone would be much more doable, realistic and worthwhile then a Dartona. Not a bad Idea to customize a Dart, but it'll never be a wingcar.  :Twocents:  :shruggy:

djcarguy

Anyone willing to photoshop the aussie dart bird??????????? :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5:say maybe just remove the roof and plymouth from side and add a black DARTONA stripe to the tail????? how bout cragers and bigger back tires and side pipes???mag and pipes not totally needed..thanks  dj in oregon ,so most of ya will never have ta see it or be at same show with it.... a383-s daytona is the only winged one i have see out west ,eugene area for years... :Twocents: :popcrn: :drool5:

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

djcarguy

PHOTO SHOP,ANY one willing to shop the straight on view of right side of the aussie superbird on page 1.remove top and plymouth and maybe add a DARTONA STRIPE in black leave wing red,maybe..  maybe cragers and big back tires???   thanks all info and help ,welcome...DJ

Brock Samson

djcarguy

asked on photoshop thread,p 71 for help to make aussie bird into topless with dartona stripe,any takers??????

any help or info as ta how to tranfer lime dart bird ,,,from ....photoshop thread p.71. to this thread???????

info under pic says----------Bird-24123.jpg    thanks u'all build,em and drive,em

MOPAR8872

djcarguy

You mean this picture?

I call it the Dartona!!! 

In the photoshop thread I stated I seen the Aussie dart also and fell in love with it, the Dart name blends nicely to the Daytona name.

Always wanted build one...just didnt know how or waht materials would be best suited for the nose cone and the wing, the one thing I do know is I think a 69 Dart would be best suited because the location of the rear side markers lens would look better in the rear srtipe.
The fenders would be from a 70-71 Dart, because of the their use of a headlight bucket extentions, Don't need them, and the use a 74 hood it ends in front just about where the front edge of the fenders end (excluding the buckets)

I planned on using 94 Olds Cutlass headlamps to pop up , they are shorter in height less weight and pivot point at the rear. ( more stable)

The nose and wing maybe fiberglass with some aluminum reenforcement.
Thanks

Chris Reed
Wing Cars Rock!!
I eventually want to build a P/T General Lee

djcarguy

:cheers:thanks Mopar 8872 for pic and stripe.you have put more thought into the nose and fenders then i have.i was working on wing ideas and just planning on a big front spoiler air dam,from top of bumper down.and a nose cone from top of bumper up to blend with hood and a six pack hood scoop. my plan is just put lights under nose in air dam for few years . but now i want to get a glass daytona nose and down size it ,maybe glass 69 dart fenders.
         yeah i PM you about a nose and some prices for a wing,few weeks back. well stay in contact and build one?? i have to get a new camera and learn how to post pics.  well i looked for 68-69 darts they are gone or all rust and bondo. i have 74 and 75 topless dart swingers and 75 valient parts car. later dj

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MOPAR8872

I actually think this guy had a great idea when he attemepted to build his own nose, bring the nose point lower and add a air dam, keeps air from going underneath it.

I like the nose done on Rad Rides By Troy  ,68 Barracuda  "BLOWFISH"  right down the alley!!

Thanks

Chris Reed
Wing Cars Rock!!

MOPAR8872

djcarguy

I found this thread over at www.challengertalk.com more geared for the "new" Challengers that were getting the nose and wing added for  SEMA.
In the thread is a blue print for various nose cone designs that were "proposed" to go on a 71 Plymouth Superbird, similar to what Dayclona Enterprise's did on their cars.....   see more over at   www.71wingcars.com.

Maybe this would help you.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/winged-challenger-daytona-coming-sema-27403/index7.html

I actually thought of using the bumper cover from the 84 Corvette and put the headlamps in the openings on the front.

ok flame suit is on :shruggy:

Then blend from the hood to the cone, and shorten the sides as needed.
Thanks

Chris Reed
Wing Cars Rock!!

djcarguy

THANKS,to mikepmcs for removing top and superbird callout and for adding mags and side pipes.thank ya for your time and talents..   still hoping to add DARTONA tail stripe,,,,,,,, a black boot or cover up to front seat and high back bucket seats and six pack scoop......   thanks all
     also if possible a shop of car in black with red DARTONA stripe???    thanks great work on photoshop thread.dj

djcarguy

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 27, 2011, 08:54:40 AMthanks for top off view.can anyone add DARTONA stripe and black  boot cover up to back of some high back seats,thanks

Bird 111.jpg

djcarguy

Quote from: MOPAR8872 on February 27, 2011, 01:13:36 AM
djcarguy

You mean this picture?

I call it the Dartona!!! 

In the photoshop thread I stated I seen the Aussie dart also and fell in love with it, the Dart name blends nicely to the Daytona name.

Always wanted build one...just didnt know how or waht materials would be best suited for the nose cone and the wing, the one thing I do know is I think a 69 Dart would be best suited because the location of the rear side markers lens would look better in the rear srtipe.
The fenders would be from a 70-71 Dart, because of the their use of a headlight bucket extentions, Don't need them, and the use a 74 hood it ends in front just about where the front edge of the fenders end (excluding the buckets)

I planned on using 94 Olds Cutlass headlamps to pop up , they are shorter in height less weight and pivot point at the rear. ( more stable)

djcarguy

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 27, 2011, 08:54:40 AM
[/font][/sup]HELP WHY WONT RED TOPLESS PIC TRANSFER????HELP
          BIRD 111.jpg    why oh why,hahahaha :brickwall: :brickwall: :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :flame: :icon_smile_blackeye:

hemigeno

Quote from: djcarguy on March 05, 2011, 12:55:38 PM
WHY WONT RED TOPLESS PIC TRANSFER?

Because it's a separate attachment to that post, not a part of the post itself.  That's how all photos are uploaded to the site initially (offsite photo hosting like photobucket, etc. is another way, but those photos are not kept on the forum's server).  After that initial uploading, they can be "linked" or inserted into other threads directly as opposed to being a redundant attachment of the same photo.

Try right clicking on the photo's title at the bottom (which you've already found) and click on "Copy Shortcut".  You can then insert the image into a post by typing in [*img][/img] (every character shown in red type just as it appears, except without the * which I inserted to keep the forum software from thinking I am trying to insert an image right there), then place your cursor between the two opposing brackets ][, and paste the shortcut/link you copied in the earlier step.  You can also click on the little framed picture icon, the second icon from the left in the second row of shortcut buttons, which will automatically type in the [*img][/img] syntax and place your cursor right where it needs to be in order to paste your shortcut/link.

For the record, here is the shortcut/link from the photo you're trying to copy
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=77890.0;attach=146462

Incidentally, DO NOT try to hotlink this picture to another website using that link... that is stealing bandwidth and is frowned upon severely.  If you want to save a picture, just right click on it, and go through the normal "Save Picture As" steps to put it on your own hard drive.

To show that it can be done the way I've explained, here is the copied photo using the above steps:

Why is this picture so important?   :shruggy:

moparstuart

because some of us love our wings and going topless  :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

djcarguy

You mean this picture?

YES THIS PICS ,WITH STRIPE ADDED TO RED TOPLESS....IN MY WORLD HEAVEN.WING,TOPLESS

djcarguy

THANKS AGAIN TO mikepmcs for topless shop and new mags and pipes. i have limited skills on here and tryed to windows paint the dartona stripe and black boot or cover over back seat, was a big mess.. thanks again great photoshopping to u'all. iam saving up to buy a printer ,scanner and new camera.i have limited skill on this high tech stuff and memory loss so i need low tech,simple stuff. well hope for better dry days soon.   thanks

djcarguy

HOWDY,FROM OREGONE.STILL RAINING AND DAYS OF HAIL??   WELL PLANNED TO GO TO MATS IN VEGAS BUT STAYED TO HELP MOVE MY MOM TO CARE HOME.
       YES ALL CARS SHOULD BE RED AND TOPLESS  WITH DAYTONA WINGS,NOSE AND TOPLESS,HAHAHAHAHAHA????

STILL DREAM OF A WINGGED TOY AND HOPE THAT SOME DAY CAN AFFORD GAS AND GET GAS TO DRIVE OFF IN THE SUNSET  ,TOPLESS,HER NOT ME.HAHAHAHA  :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: :nana: :nana:

djcarguy

Quote from: moparstuart on March 07, 2011, 02:32:28 PM
because some of us love our wings and going topless  :D

GREAT LOOKING TOP DROP BIRD ,AWSOME YOU WERE LUCKY TO GET REAL BIRD PARTS AND BUILD THAT GREAT CAR. TAKE CARE AND ENJOY THE SUN SHINE AND RIDE. :icon_smile_cool: :drool5: :drool5:

djcarguy

HAY,ALL JUST A NOTE.MY DAD WAS 33 YEARS OLDER THAN ME AND WAS ALWAYS ASKING TO BORROW MY CARS BACK IN 75-77 .THAT WAS MY LAST TWO YEARS DRIVING AND LIVING AT HOME IN HIGH SCHOOL. I SWEAR HE NEVER USED THE BRAKES, ALLWAYS SHIFTING AND DOWN SHIFT WITH THE PIPES RAPPING.MAN WOULD HE SMILE ALOT WHEN HE GOT HOME AFTER HE DROVE MY 55 FORD PICKUP WITH LOUD PIPES. HE PASSED 3 YEARS AGO AND JUST MOVED MOM TO CARE HOME AND SHE IS SELLING LAST HOME HE LIVED IN,ANOTHER ENDING.
      NOW IAM THE AGE HE WAS WHEN I MOVED AWAY AND MY YOUNGEST JUST STARTED COLLEGE AND IS 33 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME. I GOT BOTH SONS ,DARTS AND A MID 50ES PICKUPS EACH. THEY SHOW NO INTEREST IN THE RIDES AND DRIVE 4 BANGER FRONT DRIVE STUFF.TIME MOVES ON AND NOT FOR THE BEST.
      IN 75-77 I HAD 2 69 DART GT,S ,THE 55 FORD PU AND A VEGA GT WITH A 327 AT. DAD HAD A 56 DODGE PU BIG BACK WINDOW AND BRIGHT YELLOW AND 67 POLARA WAGON WITH 383. HIS PU WAS A FLAT SIX AND I WAS ALWAY WASHING AND PUTTING MAGS AND BIG TIRES ON IT .MAGS WERE FORM MY 65 SAT.AND 66 CORONETS I SOLD AND WOULD NOT FIT DARTS.   WELL ITS CLOUDY AND RAINING,MOODY ,OFF TO CLEAN OUT DADS LAST PLACE. CAR PARTS AND TOOLS WHATS LEFT AFTER MOM LET OTHERS PICK IT OVER. NEED A DREAM ,SHE GAVE DADS RECLINER TO THE NEW 80 YEAR OLD BOY FRIEND,WHAT THE HELL....HIS 65 PLY BELVEDERE WAS SOLD JUST BEFORE HE DIED,SO CALLED FRIEND CONVINCED HIM ENGINE WAS BOUT TO BLOW AND GAVE DAD $200 FOR IT,BYE

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on March 05, 2011, 12:53:51 PM
djcarguy

You mean this picture?

I call it the Dartona!!! 

DonC1