News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dartona & pics of wing cars not factory base PLEASE POST PICS

Started by djcarguy, February 10, 2011, 02:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

should  some,???one, anyone make wings and nose kits for darts???

tottally
0 (0%)
yea
0 (0%)
maybe
0 (0%)
fur sure-dude
0 (0%)
darters only
0 (0%)
 none of  ABOVE,HAHAHA
2 (25%)
 charger 4 DOORS,
0 (0%)
none of above
4 (50%)
hell why not
1 (12.5%)
hello an hell  yes
0 (0%)
poll has been hacked,lol
0 (0%)
my poll my changes,ha ha
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

djcarguy

well ??what happening with pics and tranfer and link to photobucket did not work and on,onand on ???worked on real paper mods of dartona and looks good with top boot and hood scoope??  no way to up load??  latter dj

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: djcarguy on June 10, 2011, 04:44:18 PM
well ??what happening with pics and tranfer and link to photobucket did not work and on,onand on ???worked on real paper mods of dartona and looks good with top boot and hood scoope??  no way to up load??  latter dj

send me the pic via email , ill upload it nobetta@hotmail.com -MATT

ksquared

I know that people have modified many cars (and motorcycles) in an attempt to improve aerodynamics strictly to improve mpg.  As opposed to the original intent for the Aero Cars to make them go faster but actually must have improved mpg also.  Here is one site with one person's ideas: http://www.aerocivic.com/ .  I think there was a story in Popular Mechanics about somebody who made an aerodynamic motorcycle and got 300 mpg or something.  I think the guy in the Civic can push 100 mpg.

djcarguy

very interesting info on mpg,and areo mods for mileage.i always have one car for mpg and putting most of the miles on.my 85 nissan gets 36 mpg when not loaded down with a v8 or trans in place of pass. bucket.  sentra 2dr for mpg and getting the hell out of town allot after the divorce w/wo the kids back then,still a great little boom around car... well have gas must go,hahahaha
        but with this car mpg is not only goal it is a look iam after.

djcarguy

HAPPY FATHERS DAY .   I GOT 3 19 TA 29 ?????THAT I KNOW OF OR CLAIM,HAHAHA......  THE 1 THAT LIVES HERE IS WORKING SUNDAY.. OTHER 2 ARE IN TOWN NO CALL OR WORD?????  YA PLAY YA PAY,PAY AND PAY...IT IS NEVER FREE....WARNING TO THE YOUNG GUY ??????

ALL DA BEST TA YA ON THE BIG DAY......

hemigeno

Without editorial comment, the pictures emailed to me by djcarguy are posted below.

:cheers:

moparstuart

do it all in black and call it darth-tona   :D

or you could make the monkee mobile
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

Quote from: hemigeno on June 20, 2011, 01:37:36 PM
Without editorial comment, the pictures emailed to me by djcarguy are posted below.

:cheers:

thanks very much ,hemigeno for posting my pics. thing is they were both scanned in as same size ??the smaller one i call dartona supertpless as the rear seat cover is styled after the super charger.cowl hood was not my top pick but was a fast thing to see what it would look like and contrast to other image.odd color on front fender was a fast cover up of stain,spider guts...
           both pics have rear stripe cut and added from other pics and pieces cut,added or colored from real paper.i did a lime dartona with top lowered and charger sail panels and big back tires. did a blacked out view with charger tail and super charger style..

djcarguy

Quote from: hemigeno on March 07, 2011, 10:53:38 AM
Quote from: djcarguy on March 05, 2011, 12:55:38 PM
WHY WONT RED TOPLESS PIC TRANSFER?

Because it's a separate attachment to that post, not a part of the post itself.  That's how all photos are uploaded to the site initially (offsite photo hosting like photobucket, etc. is another way, but those photos are not kept on the forum's server).  After that initial uploading, they can be "linked" or inserted into other threads directly as opposed to being a redundant attachment of the same photo.

Try right clicking on the photo's title at the bottom (which you've already found) and click on "Copy Shortcut".  You can then insert the image into a post by typing in [*img][/img] (every character shown in red type just as it appears, except without the * which I inserted to keep the forum software from thinking I am trying to insert an image right there), then place your cursor between the two opposing brackets ][, and paste the shortcut/link you copied in the earlier step.  You can also click on the little framed picture icon, the second icon from the left in the second row of shortcut buttons, which will automatically type in the [*img][/img] syntax and place your cursor right where it needs to be in order to paste your shortcut/link.

For the record, here is the shortcut/link from the photo you're trying to copy
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=77890.0;attach=146462

Incidentally, DO NOT try to hotlink this picture to another website using that link... that is stealing bandwidth and is frowned upon severely.  If you want to save a picture, just right click on it, and go through the normal "Save Picture As" steps to put it on your own hard drive.

To show that it can be done the way I've explained, here is the copied photo using the above steps:

Why is this picture so important?   :shruggy:

djcarguy

the red topless above is what i started with.sure looses lot of color in print and rescan back into the canfuusan box.  i scaned the lime dartona for one stripe and a red daytona with black stripe for other view.than cut out and taped and glued stripes on. was for fun and to see different looks...

thanks for help loading pics,hemigeno.... and only wish they were more same size or big one was smaller,thanks..

PLEASE IF YOU JUST HAVE LOTS OF HATE OR NEGATIVE BULL TO SAY ,,,,,PLEASE DONT ,,,THANKS.DJCARGUY

THERE HAS BEEN 5 GUYS OR SO AND ME WITH IDEA OF CUSTOM DART WITH WING AND MODS,THANKS AGAIN.

DonC1

I like the above one the best DJ..clean lines...keeps it simple! I plan to build one too:)

kab69440

I've thought for years that a Dartona would be an awesome project. It's why I saved the depressions out of my Charger hood when I grafted the power bulge into it. If you're serious about doing it, I'll donate them to the project.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

moparstuart

:popcrn:

wingedone

Quote from: djcarguy on February 11, 2011, 09:35:59 PM
please post pics of any cars  you have seen with tall wings and or nose mods that are non factory made.

Some I took oh about 5 or more years ago, up near Manistee, MI  (IIRC)

djcarguy

POLL 16 YES TA MAYBE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,33 NO TA HELL NO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,9O REPLYS
                              4757   READERS OR VIEWER????????      49 VOTES     BAD %???????? WHO WILL EVEN VOTE
            2 TA 1 AGAINST A WING DART,DREAM CAR..................WHATS IT ALL MEAN???????????

WELL SUMMER IS HERE AND BETTER ,DRYER DAYS .WILL SEE WHAT I CAN GET DONE THIS SUMMER?? WILL BE MAKING MY OWN WING AND TRYING SOME LOW DOLLAR NOSE MODIFKASIONS AND STUFF........
        HOPE ALL HAVE A SAFE AND FUN SUMMER,DRIVE SAFE.................SEE YA ,BYE

djcarguy

THANKS TO ALL THAT HAD POSITIVE POST AND HELPED POST OR TRANFER,LOAD PICS,,,,,,,THANKS.........

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AND DRIVE SAFE,OUT THERE.............WILL CHECK BACK IN FALL,IF I REMEMBER HOW??????     GREAT SITE AND LOTS OF GREAT STORIES AND CARS......  GOODDAY AND BYE,,,,DJ

doctor4766

Hey DJ, save forgetting how to use the confuzenbox you may as well just hang around through summer too.
Gotta love a '69

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on June 28, 2011, 03:39:01 AM
        THANKS TO ALL THAT HAD POSITIVE POST AND HELPED POST OR TRANFER,LOAD PICS,,,,,,,THANKS.........

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AND DRIVE SAFE,OUT THERE.............WILL CHECK BACK IN FALL,IF I REMEMBER HOW??????     GREAT SITE AND LOTS OF GREAT STORIES AND CARS......  GOODDAY AND BYE,,,,DJ

FREE AT LAST I HAVE A DREAM , THAT WE CAN ALL LIVE IN PEACE AND DRIVE WHAT WE WANT????   AND BUILD WHAT WE WANT AND SOME BULL BOUT FREE   SPEACH??? OPINIONS???

djcarguy

Quote from: doctor4766 on February 18, 2011, 09:25:28 AM
Here's a second rate effort.
Hopefully you'll see how NOT to do it.

NEAT TO SEE, AND STUDY.  AGREE NOSE MAY NEED POWDER AND MAKEUP,LOL  .THANKS ALL?

djcarguy

Quote from: MOPAR8872 on February 27, 2011, 01:13:36 AM
djcarguy

You mean this picture?

I call it the Dartona!!! 

In the photoshop thread I stated I seen the Aussie dart also and fell in love with it, the Dart name blends nicely to the Daytona name.

Always wanted build one...just didnt know how or waht materials would be best suited for the nose cone and the wing, the one thing I do know is I think a 69 Dart would be best suited because the location of the rear side markers lens would look better in the rear srtipe.
The fenders would be from a 70-71 Dart, because of the their use of a headlight bucket extentions, Don't need them, and the use a 74 hood it ends in front just about where the front edge of the fenders end (excluding the buckets)

I planned on using 94 Olds Cutlass headlamps to pop up , they are shorter in height less weight and pivot point at the rear. ( more stable)

The nose and wing maybe fiberglass with some aluminum reenforcement.

WELL THANKS FOR POST AND OK TO USE DARTONA STRIPE.AM WORKING ON MY WING AND REAR SEAT COVER.  HOPE YOUR STILL PLANNING A DARTONA.THANKS

mauve66

you should always build what you want, there are plenty of perfect , restored cars out there
i had to make my wing LARGER than it already was..................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

djcarguy

Quote from: mauve66 on August 03, 2011, 04:38:06 PM
you should always build what you want, there are plenty of perfect , restored cars out there
i had to make my wing LARGER than it already was..................

what wing you useing and have any pics with it on ya car??   i totally enjoy seeing wing on other cars and custom creations.  have owned a dozon 66-67 coronets and belvederes and 1 1st gen charger .would love to see your car with wing.thanks,dj

mauve66

still working  on deciding on a permenant mounting system, playing with some ideas

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

moparstuart

Quote from: mauve66 on August 21, 2011, 05:03:40 PM
still working  on deciding on a permenant mounting system, playing with some ideas

love the hood scoope , fender scoopes would look good also