News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger 500

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, February 11, 2011, 05:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

My first car was also a clapped out F8 69 Charger, so it's a bit of a nostalgia trip. This one will be made road worthy by summer and then it will be a driver for awhile until some other projects are wrapped up and it's turn comes along. Kind of anticlimactic I guess, but it won't be started on until I can be dedicated to finishing it.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hemi68charger

Quote from: RallyeMike on February 17, 2011, 11:57:18 PM
QuoteMike is now the newest AB !!!!!  (Aero-bastard)  icon_smile_big

Congratulations !!!!!

Do you have the deflectors? I didn't notice them on the car............  Let your racing hertiage continue......  Definitetly need to start another "Look what I got" thread...

"AB"? I guess its better than just plain old "B".

Fortunately, all trim and any missing pieces are in the trunk including the deflectors, except the front bumperettes which the seller could not find. He's still looking for them, and hopefully they will turn up.

Believe me, on this board, "AB" is a good thing..........
Sounds like you have the same plans as with my C500, get it running and just drive it awhile before restoring it...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 18, 2011, 09:29:23 AMSounds like you have the same plans as with my C500, get it running and just drive it awhile before restoring it...

That was the most enjoyable part for me..  :Twocents: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brock Samson

Glad to see it made into the right hands.  :2thumbs:

WB General Lee

Looks great. Why was the interior color changed? Good luck I am sure its going to be a nice car.

RallyeMike

It was apparently changed to black 20+ years ago prior to the last owner. It looks like this car belonged to member Moparchris at one point way back when. Maybe he knows?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Dans 68

Just goes to show that you need to stick with a thread...after the first page of posts I figured it was just degenerating into a "who bought it" and "it could of been mine" thread.  :slap:

Nice find, Mike.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

greenpigs

With what you did on your other Charger...I gotta ask if you plan any regular top end charges in the 500 when its done?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

moparchris

YUP! That's my old car, no doubt about it.  The guy I bought it from was the one that changed the interior color.  I was a pretty young guy and I didn't really know the difference at the time.  I drove it everyday to work.  I remember I was the only guy at work that would cover his car and everyone thought I was goofy.  That was one of the best running, driving cars I ever had.  We had gotten word from a freind of ours that he saw the car in a driveway 2-3 years ago and my brother went back and cruised the whole neighborhood on a sunday and could never find the car.  I'm glad a good Mopar guy has the car.  Enjoy it, it was a great car!! :cheers:

RallyeMike

QuoteWith what you did on your other Charger...I gotta ask if you plan any regular top end charges in the 500 when its done?

No. One race car is enough, and to go as fast as I need to satisfy me and do it safely, I would have to hack it up too much.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Mikesmoparperformance

CONGRATS!!!!!  :cheers: Very cool car!! I love the 500's!! GREAT DEAL!! :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI