News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

496 street motor for a '69 Charger

Started by heyoldguy, February 13, 2011, 02:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Quote from: morepower on December 01, 2014, 12:36:30 PM
how much HP is a solid roller worth over a solid flat tappet? the build matches mine except for that and I didn't do any addl porting on the eddy heads just a lil polishing on the runners. When I built mine I copied a mopar action build they got 593HP with 8.5:1 compression, I am running 10.5:1. I am hoping to be over 600HP

It depends STRICTLY on the Cylinder Heads and combination already present, in a given Engine.

With Un-ported Eddy's on a 493.... I do not suspect a Roller would be more than 20-30 hp "apples to apples" versus a Solid Flat Tappet of the same duration @ .050
Hardly worth the thousands of $$ to upgrade to the Roller ?
Cam, Lifters, Valve Springs, Retainers, Locks, Bronze Dizzy Gear, Cam Thrust Control, etc., etc ?

If you are contemplating a Roller.... just say'in... you might want to contact the OP about porting your Eddy's as well ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !