News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why isnt anyone restoring custom vans?

Started by jeryst, February 26, 2011, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

It could be the price to get some of those crazy murals done again. For me the van era was about wild paint jobs & interiors with mirrors  & shag carpet. I was just a kid then but looking at all my old Hot Rod magazines those are the ones that I like.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

TruckDriver

Quote from: greenpigs on February 27, 2011, 07:05:21 PM
It could be the price to get some of those crazy murals done again. For me the van era was about wild paint jobs & interiors with mirrors  & shag carpet. I was just a kid then but looking at all my old Hot Rod magazines those are the ones that I like.
:iagree:

Star Wars vans -

Just a true '70's Ford Van

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

I had two of those B-Vans a '74 Tradesman and an '89 Ram, both short wheelbase 318 autos... They did double and even triple duty as Daily Drivers and Work Trucks hauling car parts Band Equip. and furniture for my part time moving jobs, I also out-fitted them with a removable bed, curtains, coleman stove and bitchen stereos,.. Oh the stories,...   :P :D  For the first one i rebuilt the motor, They ran really strong... the second one I found a wrecked conversion van at a yard and took the captains chairs and interior stuff,.. they were great vans, the tradesman had dog dishes and side exhausts. I cameod the entire interior and plastered it with rock and roll and Speed part decals, the Ram had custom American wheels i had special ordered and I put a black bumble bee stripe on it to match the one I had on the R/T. they were great vehicles and If I haden't finally got tired of the vans after nearly twenty years of driving Vans, I might still have one, well,.. I actually do if you count my Chinook RV that's based on a B-Van. But it's no daily, BTW: I read the same MOPAR enginering team that designed the B-body mechanicals in the early '60s also did the enginering for the B-Vans in the late '60s.  :yesnod:

greenpigs

Is that a senior citizen transport Brock?  :shruggy: :D
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mikesbbody

Imagine the Killer sound System you could put in one of those vans.... :no: :METAL:

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

BigBlockSam

QuoteUsed to go to "truck-ins" and "van-ins" all over the place. Had a great time.
Got drunk, stoned, screwed.

very cool thread

i belonged to vans on the run , nj . we use to have a blast at van runs. this was my van . i called her Bound for Glory.
she was a consistent trophy winner . i built her from scratch . i miss that truck . :cheers:

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

aussiemuscle

Quote from: bull on February 27, 2011, 05:29:43 PM
I totally remember those Star Wars air brush jobs on the sides of vans back in the 70s and 80s when I was a kid, mostly in California when we took trips to visit family.
from the movie 'fanboys' (2008)

b5blue

I was repairing a 78 B-200 with a 400 in it and all XHD running gear in it when I found my 70 Charger 16 years ago. My bro-in-law and later our good friend and I kept a "Tradesman" going for many many miles. If you get one check the AMP gauge wiring right away, most are fried.  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

my brother had a great customized dodge van , when he passed away it had been sitting for 20 years and rotting away.
sorry to say i let it go to the crusher back in  97  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

LeeBoy

Here's a cool advertisement for some van accessories
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

No return value...period. The 60's and 70's girls went away...No more shaggin wagons.  :brickwall:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LOREK41

hey van guys i got a queston
i just pickd up a  amt dodge 911 resq ambulance model i am wondering what year is the van?

Manfred318

Quote from: LOREK41 on March 19, 2011, 12:22:06 AM
hey van guys i got a queston
i just pickd up a  amt dodge 911 resq ambulance model i am wondering what year is the van?
Looks like a '79 to me, but with a slightly different looking grille.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

LOREK41

thanks
now i need to come up with some build ideas and colors
i seen a pic of a 70s dodge van with old school cragers and fat meats in the rear and skinys up front whoud love to give the rear a little rake just to add to the old school custom look

Richard Cranium

Custom vans were horid back then and unfortunately they've become  far more horid today.

I am Dr. Remulac

ACUDANUT

looking at above pic's...This is what smoking crack in your Van, leads too.

jeryst

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 14, 2011, 10:12:14 AM
No return value...period. The 60's and 70's girls went away...No more shaggin wagons.  :brickwall:

Yeah, I suppose its not too easy to find a gorgeous, scantily clad 50-60 year old that is willing to
screw your brains out for a ride and a high. And the younger ones would just consider us perverts - lol.

LOREK41

you guys rock yall have made this old bear feel welcome
now i got to find some ideas for the van  i seen on a dif page some one took the same van as i have and made it as a tow rig  for a ram charger pro stock so i am goine to burn up some brain cells and put on some skynyrd and look for ideas
yall rock thank u once more

LOREK41

thanks for the link i fond a few ideas now its time to burn up some brain cells and crank skynyrd and hunt for ideas

Brock Samson

A heads up, I have reluctantly decided to sell my R/V shown above. I wanted to give you first crack at it you being my friends, somewhat familiar with it and MOPAR people. I'll be working on Adverts. this weekend. By Monday I'll have it on C.L. here and the B-body site.

here's the listing...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,79164.0.html

nvrbdn

Quote from: LOREK41 on March 19, 2011, 01:12:31 PM
thanks for the link i fond a few ideas now its time to burn up some brain cells and crank skynyrd and hunt for ideas

thats a great idea. i did one for a model contest and put a big foot frame and wheels under it and had a monster van.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House