News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why isnt anyone restoring custom vans?

Started by jeryst, February 26, 2011, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RCCDrew on March 15, 2017, 02:25:54 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 15, 2017, 12:12:57 PM

Love the shot of them all lined up on the dealer lot. :)
I guess I'm a little young. I didn't know they sold them at the dealer like that in the late 70s.
I recall seeing some on dealer's lots back then, although only maybe 3 or 4 at a time. I was around 10 or so, when the custom van craze was going on. I still have some of the van magazines some place, from back in the day.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

They are becoming a fad again to restore a old van like they did in the '70's. There is a few clubs for them too now. And there is a place in California that specializes in custom van parts for the interior.

http://www.trucknvans.com/c-89-van-accessories.aspx
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

F8-4life

Both classic trucks, 4x4's & vans are coming back big time, pickups are crazy right now. People are starting to appreciating 70's stuff.
Gotta be a proper shorty van for me though.

TruckDriver

Might have to have Facebook to see this one. Was just posted today. Cool Dodge semi tractor too in the video.

https://www.facebook.com/SummitRacingEquipment/videos/1395374463817806/
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

PETE

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

69rtse4spd

Because we are to old to waste the time to restore a van to get some in the back. Now a days we just go to the bed room. :D.

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

TruckDriver

PETE

TruckDriver

PETE

Charger_Fan

I like the wheels on that last one. :2thumbs:

Oooh, futuristic! :coolgleamA:

This one even has a fireplace!  :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Musicman

70 sublime

Saw this listing and thought it looked a little different  :yesnod:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/ottawa/dodge-ram-van-1976-twin-differenciel/1282597831?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

dodge ram van 1976 twin differenciel
FavouritePrintReport Ad
About the Poster
On Kijiji since November 2016
View poster's other ads
418-321-2823 or 418-374-XXXXClick to show
Contact Poster

Date Listed   18-Jul-17
Price   
$41,000.00
Address   803 Rue Principale, Dalmas, QC G0W 1K0, Canada
View map
Make   Dodge
Model   Ram Van
Body Type   Minivan, Van
Year   1976
Transmission   Automatic
Colour   Blue
Kilometers   150,000
Drivetrain   Rear-wheel drive (RWD)
Fuel Type   Gasoline
For Sale By   Owner
No. of Doors   5
No. of Seats   7
Description
à vendre , Van dodge 1976 double différenciel full équipé en campeur et capitoné partout fini bois naturel aucune tache de rouille et n'as jamais vu un flocon de neige de sa vie , 6 pneus Daytona 225/60r15 comme neuf . Moteur 318 de dodge ram charger 1975 à l'état de neuf air climatisé sun-roof style francais . Lumière disco à l'interieur radio AM-FM- cassette bumper et grilles full chrome aucune rouille . Deux muffleur Side-Trush connecté et légal . As été à quelques exposition occasionelle à Montreal et autres endroit du Québec beaucoup de milliers de dollars investi dans sa vie et elle brille comme une perle as toujours eu ses changement d'huile régulier et ses graissage . parfait pour les gens qui aime faire du camping de route ou stationnaire .Toujours plaqué et assuré et vérifier aucune inspection nécessaire car elle l'as déja passer prix demandé 41,000 dollars négociable . demandeez Guy cell ; 418-321-2823 ou res : 418-374-2823 ou bien Roger cell :418-679-7977 ou res :418-276-3975
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

6pkrtse

I love all of these old Street Vans. Way before my time but I want a long wheel base Dodge Street van badly. With chin spoiler, fender flares, side pipes, Pentastar port windows, Cragars & all.... These would be perfect.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 18, 2017, 08:45:16 PM
Saw this listing and thought it looked a little different  :yesnod:
That middle axle is a 3/4 ton. Looks like the guy just grabbed whatever was laying around in the yard. :lol:

This one would probably turn on a dime... :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

Windows, anyone? :2thumbs:

Chicks-n-vans... :drool5:

This one was no longer loved... :icon_smile_dissapprove:

RCCDrew

If I found that blue one in a JY I'd be tempted to take it home.

nvrbdn

I know. That thing is ready to be restored. :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

love the vista Cruiser Style roof   :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gtx6970

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 23, 2017, 10:28:38 AM
:drool5:

Cool.
Not overly gaudy/tacky.
Just enough custom touches to fit in.

I like it. And would drive the snot out of it .  And I hated the trend back then

F8-4life

The blue ford is a great example of what west coast people will junk, in the rust belt that van would be considered a survivor, solid & would be saved.
If you look closely it has a '65-'66 ford galaxie front end grafted on.

F8-4life

Dino

I'm still tempted to one day build an A-Team van...but I probably won't look as good in it as Mr. T.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TruckDriver

PETE

randy73

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on February 27, 2011, 02:43:53 AM
The custom van owners are all in jail now.

Exibit A for the court;

ROFLMAO, that brings back memories. Do the girls get free lollipops?