News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why isnt anyone restoring custom vans?

Started by jeryst, February 26, 2011, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6pkrtse

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 28, 2017, 10:19:47 AM
:drool5:

I almost went & looked at this one when it for sale several years ago when it was for sale out of Ohio, I think it was? Saw it at the Mopar Nats a year or two later & it even was featured in one of the Mopar mags awhile back also. Thought it would look great pulling my B5 Challenger to the track.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

F8-4life

Here is my 1978 b300 shorty.
It is a factory 1 ton refrigeration van.
Has a factory limited slip and 8 lug wheels.
Pretty rare to find this in a short wheelbase configuration.
If anybody has productionor other info on these pm me please.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

PETE

JB400

Too bad no one has figured out how to make the minivan cool

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

I remember when Ford Aerostar's were common, one guy had a grey and red one with Keystone Classic mags on it with wide tires in the back that actually looked cool. Had dark tinted windows all the way around too. But they were at least rear wheel drive also.

I used to have Magnum's on mine with '70's all the way around.
PETE

krops cars

Cheech and Chong. Is that pee man. I had my sister pee in it for me. That will blow my po's mind. She's pregnant.

TruckDriver

PETE

TruckDriver

PETE

TruckDriver

PETE

TruckDriver

PETE

TruckDriver

PETE

kokxville

here's my little side project  :coolgleamA:
Let me introduce my 1967 A108 service van.  :cheers:

Rebuild 360 Magnum,rebuild transmission and ford 9 inch rear.
Brand new disc brakes on all corners,new wiring,gauges,etc. Everything is brand new. Too much to list. :yesnod:. Currently at the paintshop now. All body work is almost done.
This is gonna be a sweet ride  :drool5:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

kokxville

current state.
The paint is primer to match the final colors.
The lowerside will be candyaplle red and the topside will be black metallic.Have a brandnew set off 15x8 cragars that will be put on when it's done.  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

kokxville

nvrbdn

That early van is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see the finished build. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Musicman

TruckDriver

PETE

F8-4life

To bring it back to the original question of this thread...
The automitve concept and actual use of a van does not produce a good survival rate, to begin with.
But even after they are old enough to be considered classic, it still takes a differant type of person to invest in something like a van...
On the car totem pole vans are even below trucks and wagons, this lack of desirablity among the majority..combined with common stereotypes they naturally become the afterthought of the automotive hobby.

Musicman

Personally, I'd love to have a really cool van myself  :cheers: