News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Windshield Washer Nozzle Installation

Started by 68neverlate, March 07, 2011, 03:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68neverlate

Hey guys... looking for some help.  My 1968 Charger does not have the windshield washer nozzles installed and I'm trying to figure out how they go on. 

I've located two holes on the cowling where they look like they'd go (each with 2 screw holes on either side to mount), however, I can't see any holes underneath that would allow the nozzles themselves to go through and come up out of the grill.  Or do they not come up out of the grill??  :shruggy:   I don't have any nozzles yet, so I can't play around with fit or anything.  This is my first Charger and I've never noted how the nozzles looked before... any help/pictures you could post would be great.

Thanks guys...

Cheers,   :cheers:

Brock Lee

There should be a hole in between the two screw holes that allows the spray tip to drop down inside. You have to fish the tip so it doesn't get stuck between the fins, which is very easy to do. Get it so it sits between 2 fins and then mount the screw I believe closest to the windshield first. The other screw hold a retainer clip that holds the water hose. Install that one after the tubing is installed.

Back N Black

Here is a pic installed

68neverlate

Thanks for the quick replies guys... so on your cars, is it open underneath between where the nozzle tip would normally be when mounted (ex: slots on the vent/grill) and where the nozzle mounts?  Mine looks to have a solid metal wall between the two without any way through (ex: I cannot fish a wire through the vent slots to the hole where the nozzle mounts).  It's like they are separate compartments...   :shruggy:

68neverlate

Quote from: 68neverlate on March 07, 2011, 07:49:35 PM
Thanks for the quick replies guys... so on your cars, is it open underneath between where the nozzle tip would normally be when mounted (ex: slots on the vent/grill) and where the nozzle mounts?  Mine looks to have a solid metal wall between the two without any way through (ex: I cannot fish a wire through the vent slots to the hole where the nozzle mounts).  It's like they are separate compartments...   :shruggy:

I had another look last night when I got home and the light must have been playing tricks on my eyes the first time... in fact, there is no solid metal wall at all.  It's all open through to the vent/grill underneath so I can now see how they go in.  Sorry about that guys...   :icon_smile_blackeye:

I noticed that there only appears to be one used nozzle and hose set available on ebay right now... were yours new BL??  If so, where did you get them?   

richRTSE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Bill Allphin of A & M High Tech Auto offers the kit as well... # WH5N
www.amhightechauto.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68neverlate

Perfect... appreciate the direction guys.     :cheers:

chargerkid01

gtx6970