News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for an internally regulated alternator

Started by Hudson Hornet !, March 10, 2011, 11:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudson Hornet !

Hello, I am looking at getting an internally regulated alternator for my 68 with a 383.  Does anyone know of a alt that I can buy at a local parts store that will work? Also, how does the wiring change when going from a stock setup to a newer alternator?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions as I need alot of help!
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

mopar0166

303 Mopar

I have not had good luck with Powermaster, cheap and don't last. IMO the best solution is Denso units or have a local rebuilder create what you need & adjust the mounting to suit your requirements.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

mopar0166

my powermaster solved many issues with the chargers charging system.  that combined with a MSD system simplifies it and makes good charge at all speeds when needed.   

303 Mopar I dunno if you might have gotten a bad unit but the fit and results went excellent in my case

Charger RT

There are threads to put a denso on our older cars. Some 80's model dodge vehicles had denso alternators with a v belt pulley. They are externally regulated and will work with the factory regulator on our cars but if you want an internal regulated alternator add this under the rear cover of the denso.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230375667283?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Tim