News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Mopar Show - Indy - *EDIT* MONSTER MOPAR!

Started by BPTRacing, March 10, 2011, 02:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPTRacing

A new race/show event has just been announced for Sept. 23-25 at LORI (Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis).

From the info on the facebook page, it is being called Mopars at Indy. It is apparently NOT affiliated with the previous Mopars at Indy show put on by Scott Sieveking (of Monster Mopar fame).

While details are still being ironed out for the event, I thought it might be a great opportunity to have a DASC show there to replace the defunct Monster Mopar event.

I am just putting this out as a feeler to see if this would be something of interest.

I used to work at the track and know Josh King (avid Mopar racer) who is attempting to create/promote this event. I also know Kurt Johnson, who is the current track manager at LORI, and he truly making an effort to make the track "the" place to be once again (after the previous management seemed to want to run all but the big national events out of town).

This event has just been announced in the last week or two so now you know about it before most of the Mopar crowd!

Scott
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

41husk

Why don't we make your show the new gathering spot?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BPTRacing

Quote from: 41husk on March 10, 2011, 03:47:00 PM
Why don't we make your show the new gathering spot?

Its not "my" show, but i do have great contacts with the folks trying to make this show happen. I do know the dates are confirmed at the track for the event. I know there is a race being structured similar to the Monster Mopar event. To the best of my knowledge, they hope to have a car show and swap, but nothing has been planned in these areas yet.

Since the closing of St. Louis, I think Indy would be a good location for a Wing event, and if there is enough interest from the club/members I think I can help make it happen.

I know I can make the parking lot at ProMax Carbs in Indy available for an evening get together at least one night prior to, or during the show. And a group trip to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum could always be arranged.

The event organizers are primarily "race" oriented, but quite open to additional activities.

I know "camping" is allowed on the property at their race events, and there is a public campgound across the street. Of course, being Indianapolis, there is an endless supply of motels.

gtx6970

a couple thoughts,
I would think it would need as much draw as possibile , Swap meet, Car show, Drag race, events for the kids and/or wives. but most of all  make it affordable

I've been to a few shows ther in years past, and was told one of the reasons it never took off was track rentals required high participant costs

69_500

If there is going to be a show here in Indy then I'll be there. I mean can't pass up a show that is a mere hour away from the house right?

Mopurr

and now you just need to have someone become a wonderful Indy host like Rich has done for the last several yrs for the pre show get together that he has hosted.......hint hint Danny.

41husk

BPTracing,  I thought you hels a small show in cetral IL with custom trophies a small cool little all mopar show.  I can't remember the town but it was close to Mahomet IL.

I also saw on the news last night Gateway may have a buyer???  They said they were close to a deal.  I wonder if Scott would still have Monster Mopar under the new owner :popcrn:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

looked it up on the cudachallenger site. It was the 16th annual Mopar reunion in Clinton IL.  Nice little show, I will go again :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

BPTRacing

Quote from: 41husk on March 11, 2011, 12:31:08 PM
looked it up on the cudachallenger site. It was the 16th annual Mopar reunion in Clinton IL.  Nice little show, I will go again :cheers:

The show is actually in Birkbeck which is about 3 houses and a grain elevator 3 miles outside of Clinton. It is always a fun 1-day show at Jim Falbe's house. Jim has help me build my last two racecars, and with a little luck\persuasion, will be helping on my bird project as well.

Few pics of the Birkbeck reunion!

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: 41husk on March 11, 2011, 12:24:47 PM
I also saw on the news last night Gateway may have a buyer???  They said they were close to a deal.  I wonder if Scott would still have Monster Mopar under the new owner :popcrn:

I also seen this .............Gateway may have racing again by July  :2thumbs:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/motor-sports/article_c6d4a030-718e-5ddc-9cca-dc4ebbc702d8.html

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

If they are racing again by July, why would they not host this event?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

taxspeaker

If you do Indianapolis, count on another Hoosier Superbird being there from the southern part of the state!

BPTRacing

OK = new development - MONSTER MOPAR WEEKEND LIVES!

The Indy event is now "OFFICIALLY" the new location for Monster Mopar Weekend.
Scott Sieveking is now the promoter for the event.
It is confirmed for Sept. 23-25 at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis.

pettybird

interesting to see what that does with the nationals...

interesting to see how the NAZI indy cops are going to treat the show, too.

69_500

Quote from: pettybird on March 21, 2011, 06:27:54 PM
interesting to see what that does with the nationals...

interesting to see how the NAZI indy cops are going to treat the show, too.

Its more like the NAZI CLERMONT cops than the indy cops. From the years I was at the Nats here in indy it was the cops out in Clermont, and in speedway that were more of a hassle than the indy cops.

My house is about 45 min from the track. If you guys wanted to do a day here at the house like we did at Rich's that would be fine by me. I don't have a nice garage like Rich had though, well not yet anyways. Still trying to get one built some time this year.

thedodgeboys

Mopurr

Yippee Danny lets go for the pre meet party @ your place should be fun.

wonder if Scott is still going to get a special guest like he has the last several yrs.

And if you need any help with Details, I will assist if needed like I have with Rich

69_500

I'm fine with everyone coming over, but I will tell you this much there is nothing else to do in this town that I live outside of. Its not a big place by any means. And we are not even in the town. We are about 4 miles outside of town on a dead end road with 16 other houses. I think we wound up with the smallest lot in the neighborhood but its still plenty big enough to have 15-20 cars in the drive way.

held1823

which town are you from? your description could fit this town, too.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemigeno

FWIW, I talked with Rich Bolzenius yesterday about the new developments (Mopurr had already passed along the newsflash to him about the MMW Indy show location).  Unfortunately, Rich isn't going to be able to arrange for a former driver visit this year like he's done in the past at St. Louis.  That's the case whether Danny is kind enough to extend an invitation to us or not. 

If MMW returns to Gateway I.R., Rich might be able to do the former driver thing again - but that too is subject to conditions outside of his control.  The new "owner" of the MMW show (Jeff King) may or may not be willing to absorb what it costs to bring a former NASCAR driver/owner out for the event.  Scott Sieveking was willing to do so, but Mr. King may not be so inclined (and it's his prerogative).

Personally, I'm glad to see MMW continue even if it's a longer drive for me this year.  Around here we've been sorta spoiled having a pretty decent Mopar event less than an hour away, and I know lots of folks have regularly driven many hours each way to enjoy the same show.  I'll try to make it - but if for some reason I can't, it won't be because I'm "protesting" the move to Indy (temporary or not).

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on March 23, 2011, 10:47:14 AM
FWIW, I talked with Rich Bolzenius yesterday about the new developments (Mopurr had already passed along the newsflash to him about the MMW Indy show location).  Unfortunately, Rich isn't going to be able to arrange for a former driver visit this year like he's done in the past at St. Louis.  That's the case whether Danny is kind enough to extend an invitation to us or not. 

If MMW returns to Gateway I.R., Rich might be able to do the former driver thing again - but that too is subject to conditions outside of his control.  The new "owner" of the MMW show (Jeff King) may or may not be willing to absorb what it costs to bring a former NASCAR driver/owner out for the event.  Scott Sieveking was willing to do so, but Mr. King may not be so inclined (and it's his prerogative).

Personally, I'm glad to see MMW continue even if it's a longer drive for me this year.  Around here we've been sorta spoiled having a pretty decent Mopar event less than an hour away, and I know lots of folks have regularly driven many hours each way to enjoy the same show.  I'll try to make it - but if for some reason I can't, it won't be because I'm "protesting" the move to Indy (temporary or not).

3-4 hours more of a drive and gas prices may end this trip for me 

moparstuart

This just came in an email

The Winged Warriors/NBOA will be hosting a "Fall Meet" in conjunction with the new Monster Mopar Weekend. Josh King now owns the rights to the MMW and has moved the event to the Lucas Oil Raceway near Indianapolis, Indiana. It will be held on September 23-25, 2011. There will be a car show, drag racing, swap meet, vendors. We will have a designated parking place for our member's cars and the circle track will be free for track laps on Friday and Sunday.

Please folks, let's support this event and help make it one of the best all-Mopar events!  Watch your newsletters and the club website for upcoming details. We hope to see all of you there with your cars!

BPTRacing

Quote from: moparstuart on March 23, 2011, 12:55:07 PM
 3-4 hours more of a drive and gas prices may end this trip for me 

:hah: If it will help Stuart, I can bring a flat bed to help ya make it the extra few hours!  :nana:

69_500

I'm fine with everyone coming out to hang out for a day if you guys really want to. I live just outside of Martinsville IN. From my house to IRP would be about a 40 minute drive. I've got no problem with all of you guys/gals hanging out here at the house like we did at Rich's and if they need any help setting up things at the track to section off a spot for the AERO cars let me know.

hotrod98

That extra drive is just enough to knock me out. It's about a 12 hour drive and that makes for a very long day. Since Sandra's no longer able to travel, I've been concentrating strictly on drag racing this year.  No plans to show the bird this year at all.

The last time we attended the Mopar Nationals in Indy in '97, the cops gave us total hell. They even cruised the hotel parking lots trying to bust people. Didn't enjoy that show at all.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

41husk

Sorry to here that Larry,  I was looking foreward to parking the Daytona next to black Ice again. :brickwall:  With it being about 4 hours for me with no AC I need to figure out if I am going to drive or trailor the Daytona.  I may take the Challenger instead.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

69_500

Quote from: 41husk on March 24, 2011, 09:41:49 AM
Sorry to here that Larry,  I was looking foreward to parking the Daytona next to black Ice again. :brickwall:  With it being about 4 hours for me with no AC I need to figure out if I am going to drive or trailor the Daytona.  I may take the Challenger instead.

4 hours without the AC isn't so bad in these older cars. Just crank the windows down a few inches and enjoy the cruise. Every time I went to St. Louis I drove my 500 and it was always a blast. 4 hours each way. Heck thats shorter than the drive over to Carlisle was.

Troy

Quote from: 69_500 on March 24, 2011, 05:12:41 PM

4 hours without the AC isn't so bad in these older cars. Just crank the windows down a few inches and enjoy the cruise. Every time I went to St. Louis I drove my 500 and it was always a blast. 4 hours each way. Heck thats shorter than the drive over to Carlisle was.
Yeah, no kidding. Some of us have been driving 4-5 hours in an old car with no A/C for years to get to Monster Mopar - and sometimes over 9 hours to get to Carlisle. It's a car - drive it! :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69_500

I try to find just about every excuse I can think of to drive the Car during the summer. And going to shows is the easiest way to justify putting $100 of fuel in the car.

41husk

I have no problem driving that far w/o AC.  My wife on the other hand who has gone to every overnight car show I have ever been to, would bitch the entire four hour there, two days at the event, four hours home and about the next 6 months following. :eek2:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Mopurr

It will be late Sept, you never know that time of yr......could need heaters instead of AC or just lovely fresh air from the windows and vents.

nvrbdn

hey allen, haul in on that big truck of yours.that could make for a fun trip :2thumbs: im on vacation that week, so i will be driving something that way, just gotta wait to see if one of these deals goes through to see what i will be driving. :2thumbs: mabey hook up with the kansas mafia cruising through.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 25, 2011, 09:05:53 PM
hey allen, haul in on that big truck of yours.that could make for a fun trip :2thumbs: im on vacation that week, so i will be driving something that way, just gotta wait to see if one of these deals goes through to see what i will be driving. :2thumbs: mabey hook up with the kansas mafia cruising through.
i will let u know if i decide to go ,

41husk

Quote from: moparstuart on March 26, 2011, 08:39:10 AM

Sounds good I will keep my options open.  Doubt I will take the hauler unless the price of gas goes down.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on March 26, 2011, 07:48:34 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 26, 2011, 08:39:10 AM

Sounds good I will keep my options open.  Doubt I will take the hauler unless the price of gas goes down.
i hear u there

joshking440

Hey guys!!!!  I wanted to stop in and introduce myself.  I recently purchased the Monster Mopar Weekend and did move it to Indianapolis.  If you folks have any questions feel free to contact me at JOSH@PENTASTARPROMOTIONS.COM or call 317 681 4546

Thanks and I will start a new thread so we can stay up to date

nvrbdn

yes, please do. will it ever come back to st.louis?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

69_500

Josh I will be calling in the next few days. Haven't been able to get online for the past week until now to see this.

nvrbdn

Quote from: BPTRacing on March 11, 2011, 09:24:56 PM
Quote from: 41husk on March 11, 2011, 12:31:08 PM

The show is actually in Birkbeck which is about 3 houses and a grain elevator 3 miles outside of Clinton. It is always a fun 1-day show at Jim Falbe's house. Jim has help me build my last two racecars, and with a little luck\persuasion, will be helping on my bird project as well.

Few pics of the Birkbeck reunion!

do we have a date for this show this year? i think i will try to make this one this year.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

You can search Monster Mopar and the new one comes up.  It is the last weekend in Sept if I remember :shruggy:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

allen, im wanting the dates on the birbeck/clinton mopar reunion in illinois. i have a couple guys wanting to go and i thought it would make a great day cruise.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

dreamcatcher

Quote from: Troy on March 24, 2011, 06:46:23 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on March 24, 2011, 05:12:41 PM

Yeah, no kidding. Some of us have been driving 4-5 hours in an old car with no A/C for years to get to Monster Mopar - and sometimes over 9 hours to get to Carlisle. It's a car - drive it! :P

Troy

My first few cars never had air at all.I was in the habbit as most are of thinking I couldnt travel with out it either.I started remembering cars NOT having it back in the 60's.So I started driving even my new cars with the window down instead just reliving the past.Now my wife and I both only use it on the most hot and humid days.It is all what you get used to.If I were closer I would sure like to come.I missed the wing event in Branson due to health reasons.Now I am watching for one to be closer again.
Larry: sure sorry to hear she cant travel now.Hope you have a good drag season!My prayers are with her.I have a sister with MS and I worry full time.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

41husk

Quote from: nvrbdn on April 14, 2011, 04:42:50 PM
allen, im wanting the dates on the birbeck/clinton mopar reunion in illinois. i have a couple guys wanting to go and i thought it would make a great day cruise.
I enjoyed thae show and plan on going back this year. As soon as I have the date I will post it,  Last year it was late August a few weeks prior to MM
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BPTRacing

Quote from: nvrbdn on April 14, 2011, 04:42:50 PM

I just called Jim Falbe - the date  for Birkbeck is August 20

The date is to be published in MCG this month.

Jim can be reached at (217) 935-3999 for more details.

Scott

nvrbdn

thanks scott :2thumbs: now gotta get the word out to the guys asking.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

joshking440

Hey Guys!!!! Just checking in with the Aero Cars!!!

FYI Pre-Registration is open if you are interested as well as the host hotels are taking reservations.

See ya soon!!!!

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904