News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why are people paying stupid money for this radio bezel?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, March 22, 2011, 05:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Isn't this repro ed?  175.00??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-Radio-Bezel-1968-1969-1970-DASH-/170616345840?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969%7CMake%3ADodge%7CModel%3ACharger&hash=item27b986d4f0

Also anyone notice there are odd things listed on the Charger sections on ebay because ( fits dodge charger ) is put along side the title?  Stuff not even related to a Charger.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Chargerrtforme

It doesn't say 8 track and I think they are the same anyway?

gtx6970

Because it's AM - 8 track and it not avail reproduction.

Here is a non 8 track version to compare

Charger-Bodie

They do repop the 8track one..... Is the above one NOS?

Here is a link to an 8 track one at B/E&A http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=I&subcat=21
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 22, 2011, 08:17:32 AM
They do repop the 8track one..... Is the above one NOS?

Here is a link to an 8 track one at B/E&A http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=I&subcat=21
Oooohhh. No it says just removed in great shape. Pricy item. Lucky seller. That there is 2005 prices.
Or PG Classics. They take CC cards.  :2thumbs:
89.00 new beats 175.00 used in my book in today's times. To each his own I guess?

bull

I think it's going for so much because it's one of those super-rare situations where 69 parts came off a 68. You gotta pay extra for that. :coocoo:

That or there's some shill bidding going on or people are too dumb and lazy to figure out they're being repopped and sold new for $89.

terrible one

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 22, 2011, 05:21:28 AM

Also anyone notice there are odd things listed on the Charger sections on ebay because ( fits dodge charger ) is put along side the title?  Stuff not even related to a Charger.

YES. Just another reason to be frustrated with EBay. This new options let sellers select what makes and models their product would fit instead of trying to fit it all in the title or whatever. So now, when you search for Charger parts, you get any universal piece of shit that the seller said fits your car. All kinds o useless, tacky, Autozone shit. It's bad enough having to sort through new Charger parts on there, and now that Jimbos chromeuniversalpieceashit "fits 1968 Charger," there's twice as much shit that comes up that is irrelevant to my search.

gtx6970

I wasn't aware it was avail reproduction.

IMO - at the prices in the listing.

I would say it's a case that ;
A- the buyer isn't aware it's avail repro( I didn't )
B- the  repro fits like crap  and the buyer knows this
C- buyer doesn't want repro parts on his car - and believe me they are out there
D- shill, shill, shill

WV69RT

Ebay is going to the crapper... All those Mitsubishi parts that say "fits 69 Dodge Charger" and steering wheel spinners.

Ghoste

Going to?  I think it went down the crapper and out to sea a while ago. :Twocents: