News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Voltage Fluctuation

Started by GreenMachine, January 04, 2006, 08:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

My voltage will fluctuate slowly about 1 1/2 volts and gets faster with higher RPM (causing people to think my hazards are on). I have tried a different regulator with the same results. I have seen this on other cars driving down the road (lights pulsing) both old and newer cars. My next step was to swap alternators. Think that's the problem? Also, how many of you have done the Denso alternator swap, and is it worth it?
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Chryco Psycho

check your ground connections
did you replace the regualtor with a Cheapy reg or a name brand or Mopar one ?

GreenMachine

I have the "Muscle Car Voltage Regulator" PN DCC-4529794 from Summit right now, but I have also tried a couple of junkyard regulators too with the same results. It's on a '70 Charger by the way. It won't fluctuate with no load on the alternator, only with accessories on. I did have a wiring fire a year and a half ago and had to wire the alternator to the battery post on the starter relay and then the main power wire through a hole in the firewall to the welded connection. But the problem came a while later.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.