News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Charger Build

Started by chargd72, March 25, 2011, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Baldwinvette77

billfury

Looks good.I had to fix my drip rails,but thank God I didn't have to cut my roof.

chargd72

Quote from: billfury on April 29, 2013, 06:39:19 AM
Looks good.I had to fix my drip rails,but thank God I didn't have to cut my roof.

Thanks guys. I was sweating bullets the entire time cutting the roof.  It was about 15 hours of work just to get it lined up correctly.  Now I have to worry about getting a good bead across is since I don't have many hours behind a welder.  Then I have the drivers side to do.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Baldwinvette77

take your time i've spent hours getting my panels to align and welding it one tack at a time.... but its good practice, i dont usually tell people how to do things, but for the sheet metal on the roof you may want to do assorted tacks rather than a bead or else you could seriously warp it  :-\

chargd72

Yep, I'll be doing spot welds with plenty of cool down time inbetween.  Bead was a poor choice of words on my previous post.  Good looking out, though.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

chargd72

Dyed the straps and used some trim paint on the plastics.  Seatbelts look like new.  There's still a little black residue that comes off the straps so I think I need to rinse them again.  I'm concerned with them staining my white seats.

chargd72

Lead work.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

billfury

:o How hard was it to do the lead work.I was told it's an art, and not everyone can do it.

billfury

Just to give you a heads up. You blocked the hole that was for you Special Edition scripted emblem. I don't know if you were putting them back on of not.

chargd72

Quote from: billfury on May 08, 2013, 06:27:23 AM
:o How hard was it to do the lead work.I was told it's an art, and not everyone can do it.

It's not the easiest thing to work with but you just have to take your time.  This was my first time working with lead and I think it turned out ok.

Quote from: billfury on May 08, 2013, 06:36:40 AM
Just to give you a heads up. You blocked the hole that was for you Special Edition scripted emblem. I don’t know if you were putting them back on of not.

That was actually a pit I filled but I'm not planning on putting the SE script on anyway.

chargd72

Finished up on the passenger side and moving along to the driver's side.

72Charger-SE

The work you are undertaking is impressive!  I decided to take out the SE inserts in my car.  Great Job!  I am not sure I could stomach cutting and welding on the roof.  Keep up the Great Work!

chargd72

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on November 19, 2013, 10:27:38 AM
The work you are undertaking is impressive!  I decided to take out the SE inserts in my car.  Great Job!  I am not sure I could stomach cutting and welding on the roof.  Keep up the Great Work!

Thanks!  I'm following your build as well.  Looks like you're getting the hang of things.  You're really getting into some tricky areas.  I thought about taking out the inserts as well but keep in mind, once you remove them, your interior sail panels no longer fit.  So you have to find some donors off a non SE car.  Can't wait to see the final product.

72Charger-SE

Quote from: chargd72 on November 19, 2013, 10:38:22 AM
Quote from: 72Charger-SE on November 19, 2013, 10:27:38 AM

Thanks!  I'm following your build as well.  Looks like you're getting the hang of things.  You're really getting into some tricky areas.  I thought about taking out the inserts as well but keep in mind, once you remove them, your interior sail panels no longer fit.  So you have to find some donors off a non SE car.  Can't wait to see the final product.

Yep...  already 'spied' some sail panels from a 72 Charger... :)   Just waiting for the right time to get them...   

chargd72

Finally got this guy wired up.  Now I have fully functional stock AM radio and aftermarket FM stereo wish USB connection.

chargd72

I found some weak metal while fitting in the donor driver's side drip rail.  It started with a pin hole but I grinded out a good amount until I got to some solid metal.  Got it patched up and almost ready to be welded on to car.   

chargd72

Chipping away 15 minutes at a time (the family life).  Got the donor driver's side drip rail in place.

spoolinhard

72Charger-SE

Impressive work going on!  Great Job... Keep the Faith and Press Towards the Mark!!

Baldwinvette77

chargd72

Sneak peak  :D

Baldwinvette77

BROCK

I think that we are maybe the only 2 72 SE owners that went
with non SE tail lights :smilielol:  I sold the SE versions and
bought 2 sets of the plain version with the money :2thumbs:

As for metalwork:  You got skills  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world