News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spark plugs colour

Started by WhiteOnGreen, May 18, 2011, 04:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteOnGreen

Hello, Yesterday I drove my Charger for highway 60-70mph and a total 160 milles route, today I  removed several spark plugs to verify the state of the combustion in the cylinder, and the colour of spark plug isn`t uniform, tang in top and white in lower.
The engine have a NGK XR5 and recent tune . Air-fuel related or timming?  :shruggy:

flyinlow

If your engine was running well , I think the plug looks OK.  The tip of the plug gets hottest and will stay white. The tan color can be ash deposits from the fuel or a normal amount of engine oil being burnt. 

Charger´69

Quote from: flyinlow on May 18, 2011, 08:06:29 AM
If your engine was running well , I think the plug looks OK.  The tip of the plug gets hottest and will stay white. The tan color can be ash deposits from the fuel or a normal amount of engine oil being burnt. 

:iagree:

Looks pretty same than I have now.
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

firefighter3931

Those plugs look fine...no worries  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

WhiteOnGreen