News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did 69 Charger A/C cars ever come Holley equiped? Any original owners out there?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 03, 2011, 05:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

A friend of mine that has several 69 Chargers and several garages filled with parts and goes way back in time when they were new tells me 69 Charger R/T 440 engines with A/C had Holley carbs. I've never heard this before and ran the question by one of my very informative Charger guys and he never heard of it. When I told my friend, he claims that's the difference between those of us with an interest in these cars after they came out, and guys like him that owned them since new.  ::) Thoughts?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tan top

think  in  some  motor / option had holleys   but  not just limmited to 440s with A/c  383s in roadrunners also  :scratchchin:  not 100% on this   :popcrn: :shruggy:  could be for the 70 model year also , but could be getting mixed up with something else i have read ( normaly happens  :slap:)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: tan top on April 03, 2011, 05:32:31 PM
think IN some motor / option had Holley's but not just limited to 440s with A/c  383s in roadrunners also :scratchchin:not 100% on this  :popcrn: :shruggy:  could be for the 70 model year also , but could be getting mixed up with something else i have read ( normaly happens :slap:)
Hmmmmm  He said 69 only.  This coming from a guy with a blue 440 original R/T engine in his car.  He said some were blue and his is an unrestored original.  But he also is the guy that didn't know some 69 chargers also had a Firestone redline spare.  That got him.  :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Blue painted 440 in a '69 R/T

:nono:

PS---no Holley's on 440 R/T's either....A/C or not  :nono:

See "R,W,PD,C High Performance" on the chart....3 carbs...all Carters...1 for manual trans & 2 for auto trans (1 for A/C... 4640 S)

Possibly dealer installed like a Mr. Norms type HP dealer...not from the factory.

PSS---tell your friend he's getting too old to keep his "collection" and to turn it over to you before he tells you there was a 440 Hemi... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 03, 2011, 05:16:20 PM
A friend of mine ...Thoughts?

Have some fun with it. Tell him you looked in a FSM and he was partially right. It was the 440 four speeds with A/C that came with a Holley. Don't argue with him past that. Stick to the story that you saw it in a FSM. "Look it up yourself." That will direct him to a FSM to prove YOU wrong and in the meantime......... ;)
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 03, 2011, 08:13:08 PM
Blue painted 440 in a '69 R/T

:nono:

PS---no Holley's on 440 R/T's either....A/C or not  :nono:

See "R,W,PD,C High Performance" on the chart....3 carbs...all Carters...1 for manual trans & 2 for auto trans (1 for A/C... 4640 S)

Possibly dealer installed like a Mr. Norms type HP dealer...not from the factory.

PSS---tell your friend he's getting too old to keep his "collection" and to turn it over to you before he tells you there was a 440 Hemi... :rotz:
:icon_smile_big:  I knew this would have you digging up the facts.  :icon_smile_big:    Thanks.

Sixt8Chrgr

The yellow 69 383 air car that Lee Hodge has for sale is an original Holley carb car. My buddy use to own the car. I saw the car when it came out of the old lady's Georgia garage with the Holley carb on it just before my buddy bought it.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on April 03, 2011, 09:22:13 PM
The yellow 69 383 air car that Lee Hodge has for sale is an original Holley carb car. My buddy use to own the car. I saw the car when it came out of the old lady's Georgia garage with the Holley carb on it just before my buddy bought it.

A '69 383 with A/C would have a Holley as it's the 330 horse version.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

1969chargerrtse

Thinking about it now. I think the blue 440 is in a XP car. Is that possible?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 04, 2011, 06:51:14 AM
Thinking about it now. I think the blue 440 is in a XP car. Is that possible?

Sure, it's possible to have a blue 440 in an XP but it wouldn't be original. XP's didn't get a 440 and the only 440 available for 69 B bodies was orange.

Brock Lee

When I bought my 69 it had a Kraco AM/FM tape deck. It was there...must have been original....