News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door Hinge, 71 Charger

Started by NHCharger, January 05, 2006, 06:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

The door hinges on my Charger work good but they are missing the part that keeps them from opening to far.  Is there a company that makes aftermarket parts for this? This is a pic of the hinge, you can see the two holes where the missing pieces go.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

haueter66

You will need the spring as well.  I will see if I have any laying around... I have a 72 I am parting out and I think they are built the same way assuming they are still there and in good condition.

Nacho-RT74

the hinge with the spring was available since 73 as far I know... I can be wrong on that, but if I am, probably earliers 3rd gens didn't came with that anyway.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

NHCharger

Hey, thanks Haueter. THis is actually a pic of my 72 since the 71 is in the body shop. From what I understand these hinges were 71 & 72 only.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

twilt

you might try to contact SMS. they do the reman units that are sold thru vendors such as YR1. since most of their cores they receive would be missing those parts, they probably make them in house for their rebuilds. whether they will sell the stuff to you is another question. 73`s may also have that type depending on build date. The switch to the S-spring type lower  hinge  was during the 73 production run.  The majority of the 73`s that i have parted out had the earlier type.

haueter66

the spring I am referring to goes on the hinge pictured.  It sits between the missing piece and the jamb.  I am at work right now and don't have a picture.  I have not looked at mine recently but I am almost positive there is a coil type spring that goes there.

doctorpimp

My '73 has the earlier type.  It is in the exact same condition, it's common with that style, that's why Ma Mopar changed it!  If you want correct, go with SMS.
I did get the later B Body hinge from a late '70s B Body (? which model?).
I'm going to rebuild it with new bushings and pins and use that instead of the crappy earlier one.
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216