News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

From Germany with Love (UPDATE: England (pg3) and Denmark (pg4)!)

Started by miller, April 08, 2011, 06:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vainglory, Esq.

What was the name of the place you rented the bikes from?  Where was it?  I'm thinking this could be a very fun trip.

miller

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on August 08, 2011, 01:45:03 PM
What was the name of the place you rented the bikes from?  Where was it?  I'm thinking this could be a very fun trip.

I rented the bikes from Phillip McCallen Motorcycles Ltd, the guy who I talked to was Sam McClurg. I paid 200 pounds for the 2.5 days (we had to pay the insurance cost so we could drop it off the next day instead of that night), including the bike, helmet, coat, pants, boots, and gloves. My bike has around 160 miles on it, my friends had 60 on his, so these bikes are pretty much new.

This is there web site: http://www.phillipmccallen.co.uk/bike-hire

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

miller

Quote from: bakerhillpins on August 08, 2011, 01:21:53 PM
"Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament"   :icon_smile_big:

Great pics! Can't wait to visit Europe some day.  :yesnod:

This represents roughly what % of your total pics taken?

Well I filled roughly 2 GBs every weekend, and that is around 1500 pictures, so about 5%, keep in mind I take every picture about 3 times to make sure I have it right, and then some pictures simply don't look good, some are ugly pictures of me or my friends, and others are... inappropriate.

Here are pictures from Denmark...

Copenhagen

This was on the train... which was on a ferry, to get to Copenhagen.

We were so far north that at 3:30 AM, the sun was rising....

180 degree view of Copenhagen

This is down a cannon at the war museum

And finally... a glass with my name on it... filled with fantastic stout

Marck

Cool, you're in Denmark...  :2thumbs:
How do you like it here? I'm in Helsingør which is about half an hours drive north of Copenhagen...
Great shots btw...   :icon_smile_cool:

ACUDANUT

hemi68charger

Awesome pictures... I spent some time in Denmark (Viborg) with the Air Force. I thought the country was the cleanest one I've ever been to. It has awesome people and attitude, love it there. I'd move there in a heartbeat.......

Thanks for sharing.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Brock Samson

As usual Great! Love the Mi(^)ller Pic. I laughed  :lol:
I'd love to know what camera and gear you use - i see you had a wide angle lens for the one shot....

:popcrn:  This site could use more threads like yours and when you get back Stu could use some lessons...  :D

miller

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 09, 2011, 11:01:26 AM
As usual Great! Love the Mi(^)ller Pic. I laughed  :lol:
I'd love to know what camera and gear you use - i see you had a wide angle lens for the one shot....

:popcrn:  This site could use more threads like yours and when you get back Stu could use some lessons...  :D

Thank you for the kind words.

The camera I use is the Rebel XS, which is the bottom of the Cannon DSLR Lineup. The lens I almost always shoot with is a 18-55mm and I have a 75-300mm lens for when I need to get a little bit more detail.

Here is the basic starter kit:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canon-Digital-Rebel-Xs-Black-10.1MP-Digital-SLR-w-18-55-IS-lens-Canon-EF-75-300mm-f-4-5.6-III-Telephoto-Zoom-Lens/10756657?findingMethod=rr&ssm=0&sspt=1

I do edit the photos a bit using the standard Microsoft Photo Editor that is on all computers.

The shot you are referring to in Copenhagen was actually several pictures taken and spliced together. I did this in Microsoft paint, here is the picture before I cropped and edited it.

Basically the lesson is... you don't need all sorts of fancy equipment to get good results, just an eye and a 500 dollar camera.

Brock Samson

Thanks,.. I'm so impressed with your Photo Shoots I'm gonna seriously replacing my broken new camera with that Cannon..  :scratchchin:
Interesting about the panorama shots, i've too done several but never put them together on the 'puter,.
Keep 'em comming!