News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Random rare '69 RT/SE pics

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, April 20, 2011, 01:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: six-tee-nine on April 20, 2011, 01:55:28 PM
HUH...........
AC, sunroof, power windows, tic-toc-tach, stripe delete, optional wheels, special color vinyl top...... and yet NO console?  :image_294343: :image_294343: :image_294343:

Not to uncommon to have alot of options and no console,I really don'y mind the buddy seat actually,nice when cruising to have a place to rest your arm.

resq302

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 21, 2011, 10:09:38 AM
Rare, yes,but I think it  looks terrible black w/ tan vinyl top,interior ,IMO.

Actually, thats what I like MOST about that car is the color scheme.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparstuart

Quote from: resq302 on April 21, 2011, 10:22:34 AM

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   great looking color combo
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

I'll have to agree with Brian on that
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 21, 2011, 10:49:41 AM
Rare, yes,but I think it  looks terrible black w/ tan vinyl top,interior ,IMO.

I'll have to agree with Brian on that

me to :iagree:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

70charginglizard

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 20, 2011, 01:43:16 PM
Just going through some of my registry pics & came upon this stellar example of a rare '69 RT/SE

Bet you never seen one of these before.....all legit to the tag options & supposedly "unrestored"
Was on ebay in '09 out of NC

WOW.   Nice. :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

six-tee-nine

For me the tan roof is just a little over the top, but I think the tan interior goes really well with the black ext.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

69 OUR/TEA

The only thing I think looks good black with tan interior........ Burt Reynolds drove!!!!! Hey,but you know me,I love triple green chargers as most do not.
As far as the sunroof goes to,rare yes,but to me looks out of place on an older car.More of a modern type feature.What if they offered t-tops on them to ????????

1969chargerrtse

Wow, a real time capsule.  Speaking of, what happened to the red R/TSE all original with a sunroof that was as nice. He tried selling it last year on ebay for aroumd 70K.  Wasn't it from Vt?
As fore the roof, like it all black or with the roof.  Very different.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparmark

The black sunroof car that Chris posted pictures of is now in Red Deer,Alberta,Canada which is about 150 kms from where I live.

Mark

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: moparmark on April 21, 2011, 11:48:04 PM

The black sunroof car that Chris posted pictures of is now in Red Deer,Alberta,Canada which is about 150 kms from where I live.

Mark

Figures....all the COOL cars are up there...especially in Red Deer (Show & Go Restorations)

Mark still have yours?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparmark

Hey Chris,

Yes, I still have mine. Back in 2009 I rebuilt the engine,front end,transmission and restored the engine bay area. I was on my way to our annual Mopar main show when I started losing oil pressure so I shut it down while driving on the highway.Turns out I spun a rod bearing. We completely rebuilt the engine as a result.Good thing I caught it early as we saved the crank and the engine is numbers matching. I tried posting some pictures of the car after the restoration but I can't get them to post for some reason. I still have to put the V21 back on though.

On a different note, we sold my wife's F6 69 charger two weeks ago and we purchased another F6 Charger RT for her which we be delivered to us this Saturday.This car is totally restored and is a factory F6 Charger RT that was originally sold up here in Vegreville,Alberta,Canada. When we get it I'll send you pics and register it with you as well.

Do you want me to send you some pics of the sunroof Charger?

Mark

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sure!  new pics are always welcome.
I was curious if you sold the F6 one yet....I remember it was on eBay for a while.  Love to see the new one as well!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparmark

Pictures e-mailed to you Chris.

Mark

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 22, 2011, 11:41:09 AM
Sure!  new pics are always welcome.
I was curious if you sold the F6 one yet....I remember it was on eBay for a while.  Love to see the new one as well!
As asked before.  How about pictures of the original red RTSE with the sunroof? 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

Chris have you asked Jim B about this car? I think he knows where it is as well. I remember talking to him about it about a year and a half ago. It was up for sale at that time if I remember correctly.

DC_1

It is ugly, but in a uniquely special way -  I like it!

472 R/T SE

Yeah, nothing special.  I can go to a Mopar show & see half dozen of them in that combo.  If you look at the fender tags, 80% of them left the factory green or sunfire yellow.   Finding one in this combo that came from the factory, now that's rare.   ;)

RT/SE

I think it's a really cool car.  I just love seeing cars with unique color combinations.  I can't believe the amount of factory paperwork on this car!!!!!!

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: RT/SE on April 24, 2011, 05:09:10 AM

I think it's a really cool car.  I just love seeing cars with unique color combinations.  I can't believe the amount of factory paperwork on this car!!!!!!

You do????? Hmmmmm??????Very interesting,I think it's just as unique as a factory 3x9 R/T SE 4spd,dana,PW,PDB,stripe delete car!!!!!!  :poke:

RT/SE

Quote[Rare, yes,but I think it  looks terrible black w/ tan vinyl top,interior ,IMO.

/quote]    Triple Black Chargers are a dime a dozen - this car here really stands out from the crowd   ;D

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 24, 2011, 08:49:03 AM
Quote from: RT/SE on April 24, 2011, 05:09:10 AM

You do????? Hmmmmm??????Very interesting,I think it's just as unique as a factory 3x9 R/T SE 4spd,dana,PW,PDB,stripe delete car!!!!!!  :poke:

Surfing around here looking for cool stuff. 
:cheers: :scratchchin: :hah:  "rare" in about 10 rare ways, what a great car.... a departure from the "norm"  RT or RTSE.  Probably in the top 25 RTSE in my head in my opinion that I have ever seen or heard of (for what that is worth, ok not much).  Odd for sure :ahum:, but striking in color combo

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 20, 2011, 01:43:16 PM
Just going through some of my registry pics & came upon this stellar example of a rare '69 RT/SE

Bet you never seen one of these before.....all legit to the tag options & supposedly "unrestored"
Was on ebay in '09 out of NC

Saw it, drove it, almost bought it. Belonged to a friend of mine in NC. He got it from Richard Heidbredder (spelling) who owned it for years. He only collects survivors. Car was 90-95% original paint from what I saw. Offered to me for somewhere around 70k-75k. It was past the peak and I told him I wouldn't go anywhere near that. A pretty darn good piece that car.

XS29LA47V21

I have seen the photos of this blk & tan sunroof car before, quite an odd car compared to green, gold, red, bronze, etc.  Guess I did not know the originality of the car is great and refreshing to look at for sure, very cool.   Love sunroof RTSEs.  What is funny I ended up with daily driver with a sunroof and learned I do not care that much about that option anymore and have no business with a convertible or a bike apparently.  Some years ago, almost bought that R4 sunroof RTSE up north (late 1990s, nice car) and after that the F6 RTSE sunroof green int builder (ten yrs ago or so, think car is in TX now).  They do exist, but not that many sun roof RTSE for sure.  I guess to stay in the thread topic of rare RTSE, I could post my beater again which is fairly rare being a triple black RTSE w/ PW, cruz, FM, six way even rough is not that common.  Not sure I can recall more then 15-20 real triple black RTSE over these years.  Bought my first RTSE out of Utah in 1987 (car from Calif, still have), everyone has different cars/options they dig...does not get much better then a rare RTSE for me  :2thumbs:(ok, 500s too).