News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many cops do we have here ?

Started by skip68, April 24, 2011, 12:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Just wondering how many peace officers we've got on board?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dans 68

So you call 'em "Cops" in your topic title, and "Peace Officers" in the actual thread. I don't believe the two descriptions are interchangeable.  :slap:.   ;)

And my guesstimate is about half a bakers dozen.

Dan

Edit: Hmm, maybe they are. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slang_terms_for_police_officers
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

resq302

Welll..... I kinda can say that I am.  I work for a police department but I am not a cop.  I am a communication officer.  (Some people know us as dispatchers)
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: resq302 on April 24, 2011, 06:50:44 AM
Welll..... I kinda can say that I am.   I work for a police department but I am not a cop.  I am a communication officer.  (Some people know us as dispatchers)
No you cant....  sorry bud :pity:

:nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Well I do get half credit.  I do WORK for a police department and my title says officer.....there's just that communications word in front of it!   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

F8-4life

68X426

Welll..... I kinda can say that I am.  I work for a police department but I am not a cop.  I am a communication officer.  (Some people know us as dispatchers)

It's still a critically important job, so thank you! :cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

resq302

Quote from: 68X426 on April 24, 2011, 01:51:48 PM

Wow, thanks for the kind words.  It is very infrequently that someone actually acknowledges our position.  99% of the time, it is the people who are actually arriving on scene that get all the thanks and glory.  Police officers, firefighters, and EMS personnel are faces and people who are attributed to doing the work at saving lives but people forget if it was not for dispatchers or communications officers who answer the 911 calls and tell the police, fire, ems where to go, the help would never get there!
Brian

Khyron

Im not a cop but I play one for hot chicks...

KIDDING! IM KIDDING! :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

mikesbbody

I know of 2, but I'll let them chime in in they want.

speedfreak68

As soon as the Highway Patrol opens up for hiring, I'm going to give it a whirl. That is if they hire me.

Old Moparz

This might bring them out.

I tease one of my friends who is a cop (and hates donuts) all the time about donuts. :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Drache

Quote from: resq302 on April 24, 2011, 08:16:16 AM
Well I do get half credit.  I do WORK for a police department and my title says officer.....there's just that communications word in front of it!   :smilielol:

My current titles are Security Officer and Personal Protection Officer  :nana:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

mpdlawdog

dont hold it against me....I have a motto...the better the burnout the less chance you will get a ticket!  However, if you have a rice burner and think you can take my charger...I will remember your license plate for later!

PS I dont like donuts but my partner likes to eat people who make fun of officers eating donuts  :D
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

Roger 68 charger

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 24, 2011, 10:09:12 PM
This might bring them out.

I tease one of my friends who is a cop (and hates donuts) all the time about donuts. :lol:

:smilielol:   :smilielol:    :smilielol:
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: resq302 on April 24, 2011, 02:11:07 PM

Wow, thanks for the kind words.  It is very infrequently that someone actually acknowledges our position.  99% of the time, it is the people who are actually arriving on scene that get all the thanks and glory.  Police officers, firefighters, and EMS personnel are faces and people who are attributed to doing the work at saving lives but people forget if it was not for dispatchers or communications officers who answer the 911 calls and tell the police, fire, ems where to go, the help would never get there!

Are you kidding me? When was the last time you went into a buring home? Been shot at? Before there were dispacthers there were othe ways of notifing the police or fire etc. Every link of any chain is important, but the real heros dont sit behind a phone. They dodge bullits and save your family!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Drache

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 25, 2011, 08:22:59 AM

Are you kidding me? When was the last time you went into a buring home? Been shot at? Before there were dispacthers there were othe ways of notifing the police or fire etc. Every link of any chain is important, but the real heros dont sit behind a phone. They dodge bullits and save your family!

Hey no reason to burst the guy's bubble  :slap:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

twodko

Could you have thought of anthing more offensive to say to Resq302 et al? That was nasty sport, please beat the hell out of yourself for me. I have personally spent 26 years of my life working next to PD's, FD's, EMS and dispatchers. I can not count the times that it was a DISPATCHER who helped the "scared to death" 10 year old with his mother's unexpected delivery, the call to a DISPATCHER from the frightened child who is calmed and soothed while cops are in route to arrest Daddy who is beating hell out of mommy, the DISPATCHER (s) who safely guide PD's, FD', EMS personnel into ambush situations based solely on info the DISPATCHER has gleaned from a frantic caller. The list is endless. Pray that a dispatcher is there for you in your time time of need because you will DIE otherwise. Believe it.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

learical1

My Brother is an accountant for the City of Phoenix police.  One time, when I was up for jury duty, the judge asked if any of the prospective jurors had family members on any police force.  I raised my hand and the judge asked:
"What family member is on what police force and what do they do?"
"My brother is an accountant for the City of Phoenix police."
"And what does an accountant do for the City of Phoenix police?"
"I'm not sure.  I think he buys the donuts."
That got a good laugh, and I was dismissed from this jury.
Bruce

68X426

Wow, what a hater. I thanked him, you shit on him.

He didn't say he was a hero, I didn't say he was a hero. All dispatchers are performing a thankless yet critical job.

You succeeded in making it stay a thankless job.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

resq302

Welll..... I kinda can say that I am.  I work for a police department but I am not a cop.  I am a communication officer.  (Some people know us as dispatchers)

Wow, thanks for the kind words.  It is very infrequently that someone actually acknowledges our position.  99% of the time, it is the people who are actually arriving on scene that get all the thanks and glory.  Police officers, firefighters, and EMS personnel are faces and people who are attributed to doing the work at saving lives but people forget if it was not for dispatchers or communications officers who answer the 911 calls and tell the police, fire, ems where to go, the help would never get there!

WOW! :RantExplode:  Glad you're not in the town where Im a volunteer fireman!  For comments like that I'd stay home or maybe bring marshmellows for my brother firemen to roast while your house goes up in flames (hopefully your loved ones made it out ok).  Actually, I am not like that at all. And yes, thats right! I said VOLUNTEER firefighter!  I DON'T GET A DIME FOR DOING IT!!!!!  I get the satisfaction that I am helping others.  As offensive as that was the last time I went into a burning home was a couple years ago, thankfully no one was injured, but yes there have been times I've pulled lifeless bodies out of a smoke filled, toxic gassed environment, where the flames were spreading.  Never once have I had my hand out asking for a dime.  The thankful smile I get from a mother being reunited with her child or a child getting their dog or cat back from the house thats on fire is enough for me thank you!

I guess I am not one of your "heros" then because I sit behind a phone.  Oh, but I guess you did not know that I also saved a 3 yr old's life by providing CPR over the phone to the mother who was frantic because her child stopped breathing.  I neither got a medal nor any recognition for it but I know I saved a life and thats all that matters.  Im sure the mother who dialed 9-1-1 didn't care who answered the phone (be it they were standing two doors down from them or behind a desk) as long as they could help her son.  Her son is alive and well now due to my actions.  

I guess I shouldn't mention all of the suicidal people who have called 9-1-1 also because they wanted to kill themselves and their families because of tough times.  Leave that to the mental health professionals right?  Oh wait, they sit on their buts too behind a desk.  I'm not saying that I haven't had my share of bad outcomes.  Hell, I still get haunted by the reoccurring trauma of a suicidal man that pulled the trigger while he was on the phone with me prior to patrol arriving.  I don't think that will ever leave my memory.  But hey, I asked for that right?  Because I hide behind a desk or a phone????

I can only pray that you, nor your loved ones ever need to dial 9-1-1.  Because that is the best scenario out there, a life saving service that is there but you never have to need it.

I'll get off my soap box now.  Im sure there is a line forming. :RantExplode:

PS- thank you for whoever backed me on my comment!
Brian

PocketThunder

You guys are both named Brian and you both are volunteer fire fighters....  I know 1HotDaytona and i'm sure he didnt mean any disrespect...   :Twocents:

:popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

68X426

the real heros dont sit behind a phone.

That is disrespectful. No matter how it was meant, it is what it is. No respect.

This is not about being politically correct or sensitivity to feelings. It was shit to think it and shit to say it.

God almighty, the writer can't say a simple thank you to the person who mans the phone.

Now we'll have to document that there are in fact heroes on the phone. And they are overwhelmingly dedicated and committed people, but apparently it takes bullets flying to define a hero for the writer. Nonsense.

I am still shocked.  :Twocents:

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Lennard

Every part of the chain is important, not just the face on the street.
Btw, I was a fulltime F.F. for 10 years in my home country. Here in the U.S.A. I am a Corrections Officer and parttime F.F.

Charger-Bodie

This was taken way Out of context . I was under the influence that Resq302 was takeing away from the heroism that is Police ,Amblaunce ,and Fire Fighting. I was defending those, were I thought it sounded like he was deflating their jobs. I said right there that every link in the chain is important. Just that the guys that take the chances with thier lifes are in my opinion the true Heros.

If I offended anyone I am truly sorry for that.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............